PDA

View Full Version : Latest Brady eMail for May 3rd

CaliforniaLiberal
05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Here's the latest Brady Campagn Email. It's always good to keep up with what the opposition is doing. I haven't heard about this Senate Bill before. I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to express support for this to California's Senators.

"URGENT: E-Mail Your U.S. Senators Today!
Don't Sacrifice D.C.'s Gun Laws and Threaten Public Safety

Dear Brady Campaign Member,

Very soon, the U.S. Senate could consider dangerous legislation, S. 3265, that would repeal the strong gun laws in our Nation's Capital.

This will put everyone who lives or visits here — our families, and friends, as well as tourists from around the world — at great risk!

Click here to e-mail your U.S. Senators today!

Urge them to "Oppose S. 3265 and any other attempts to repeal the gun laws in our Nation's Capital."

Please act today to help us protect public safety and homeland security.

The legislation, sponsored by Senator John McCain (R-AZ) and Senator Jon Tester (D-MT), would strip the democratically elected D.C. City Council of its authority to pass gun laws to protect its citizens. It would also repeal virtually all of D.C.'s strong gun laws.

Repealing Washington, D.C.'s court-approved gun laws would threaten the safety of residents, those who work here, and visitors from all over the world. At a time when terrorists continue to look for ways to attack our nation, this amendment would be reckless and irresponsible.

Please e-mail your Senators as soon as possible and forward this e-mail to friends. Your Senators need to hear from people who support sensible gun laws immediately!

Thanks for all you do to prevent gun violence.

Sincerely,

Paul Helmke, President
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Please email your U. S. Senators today!"

RomanDad
05-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a good bill..... What is it?

Barkoff
05-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Man they are like a broken record.

CaliforniaLiberal
05-03-2010, 11:08 PM
S.3265 - Second Amendment Enforcement Act

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s3265/show

and

http://www.pristinachristina.com/hunting/mccain-tester-childers-and-souder-introduce-bills-to-reform-d-c-’s-gun-laws

"This week, Senators John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Jon. Tester (D-Mont.), and Reps. Travis Childers (D-Miss.) and Rep. Mark Souder (R-Ind.), introduced the “Second Amendment Enforcement Act.” The Senate and House bills (S. 3265, with 14 Senate cosponsors and H.R. 5162, with 64 House co-sponsors, respectively) would eliminate several of the District’s most restrictive gun control laws passed in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark 2008 decision in District of Columbia v. Heller."

Bi-Partisan sponsors, nice.

ivanimal
05-03-2010, 11:11 PM
I have been on their mailing list forever. I make sure I don't open their drivel when I am having a bad day. I swear they have HUB disease.

Window_Seat
05-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Corrections:

Here's the latest Brady Campagn Email. It's always good to keep up with what the opposition is doing. I haven't heard about this Senate Bill before. I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to express support for this to California's Senators.

"URGENT: E-Mail Your U.S. Senators Today!
Don't Sacrifice D.C.'s Gun Laws and Threaten Public Safety

Dear Brady Campaign Dedicated CalGuns Members,

Very soon, the U.S. Senate could consider dangerous corrective legislation, S. 3265, that would repeal the strong unconstitutional gun laws in our Nation's Capital.

This will put every one criminal who lives or visits here — our their criminal families, and friends, as well as tourists drug smugglers from around the world — at great risk!

Click here to e-mail your U.S. Senators today!

Urge them to "Oppose praise S. 3265 and any other attempts to repeal the unconstitutional gun laws in our Nation's Capital."

Please act today to help us protect public safety and America's Original homeland security.

The legislation, sponsored by Senator John McCain (R-AZ) and Senator Jon Tester (D-MT), would strip the democratically elected D.C. City Council of its authority to pass draconian gun laws to protect its citizens criminals. It would also repeal virtually all of D.C.'s strong gun laws victim disarmament regulations.

Repealing Washington, D.C.'s court-approved gun laws would threaten the safety livelihood of residents child killers, as well as those who work here their victims and visitors from all over the world. At a time when terrorists continue to look for ways to attack our nation, this amendment would be reckless wreckless and irresponsible.

Please e-mail your Senators as soon as possible and forward this e-mail to friends. Your Senators need to hear from people who support sensible pro-gun laws immediately!

Thanks for all you do to prevent promote gun violence safety.

Sincerely,

Paul Helmke, President
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Please email your U. S. Senators today!"

Sorry, Couldn't resist. I feel better now.:devil2::devil2:

Erik.

thrillhouse700
05-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Wait a god damned minute!!!!!

So you mean to tell me that if we had super strict gun laws then 9/11 would have never happened? I never thought of it but they are right, terrorists would NEVER be able to get box cutters and guns legally if we just tightened the belt a little bit.

So can you respond to these morons or no?

PEBKAC
05-04-2010, 1:05 AM
Their idiocy is not unlike the Borg collective. As a group they are impossible to reason with, and logic is futile. Get one of them on their own and you can make some progress perhaps but return them to the collective and it's as if it never happened.

In short:

"We are Brady. You will be disarmed, logic is futile."

big red
05-04-2010, 5:47 AM
How about a campaign to do just the opposite and send letters urging the passage of the bill?

firearmenthusiast
05-04-2010, 6:03 AM
"Those who sacrifice their freedom for a sense of security, deserve and will receive neither...." Ben Franklin - 1786

Mulay El Raisuli
05-04-2010, 6:08 AM
I have been on their mailing list forever. I make sure I don't open their drivel when I am having a bad day. I swear they have HUB disease.

HUB?

The Raisuli

pdq_wizzard
05-04-2010, 6:08 AM
Their idiocy is not unlike the Borg collective. As a group they are impossible to reason with, and logic is futile. Get one of them on their own and you can make some progress perhaps but return them to the collective and it's as if it never happened.

In short:

"We are Brady. You will be disarmed, logic is futile."

that is some sig stuff there!!!

SanPedroShooter
05-04-2010, 6:22 AM
yeah, this make sense cause D.C. is sooo safe for tourists already. And there awesome gun laws are working so well that it would be crazy to repeal them.
From AA defintion of insanity, "repeating the same action over and over again, hoping to achieve different results”.
If there brand of gun control is so great,why is D.C. one of the most violence plauged citys in the country? Has anyone ever posited this question to the brady buch?

383green
05-04-2010, 6:33 AM
HUB?

Head Up Butt, maybe?

CHS
05-04-2010, 7:39 AM
S.3265 - Second Amendment Enforcement Act

Wow..

I REALLY like the sound of that :)

thatrogue
05-04-2010, 7:58 AM
I am sure everyone enjoy's the fact that the Brady email was written at a 9th grade level. Awesome.

The Director
05-04-2010, 8:17 AM
Threaten our lives.....waaaaaaaa......change my diaper :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

yellowfin
05-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Exactly what public safety is there in DC that would be threatened? The criminals' safety?

AJAX22
05-04-2010, 1:24 PM
Who actually sits on the board of the Joyce foundation?

It would be good to make that information more widely spread...

hill billy
05-04-2010, 2:00 PM

http://www.joycefdn.org/content.cfm/board-and-staff

stix213
05-04-2010, 2:41 PM
Wait a god damned minute!!!!!

So you mean to tell me that if we had super strict gun laws then 9/11 would have never happened? I never thought of it but they are right, terrorists would NEVER be able to get box cutters and guns legally if we just tightened the belt a little bit.

No you see, they can't convince people to ban box cutters until all guns are banned. Box cutters are next on the hit list.

yellowfin
05-04-2010, 2:48 PM

The jackass in the White House, for one. It really infuriates me that it was NEVER mentioned by mainstream conservative radio and media during the election. NOT ONCE EVER. They should have pounded on it 24/7 harder than they did the Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright thing, but they totally squandered the opportunity and didn't even mention it ONCE. Totally threw it away. They STILL don't mention it. Not Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Savage, even the small time ones. NONE OF THEM. :mad:

Aleksandr Mravinsky
05-04-2010, 3:59 PM
I wonder if they realise that DC has the highest murder rate in the country.

Big Jake
05-04-2010, 5:27 PM
Sounds like a good bill..... What is it?

A bill of emotion and not logic! :puke:

CCWFacts
05-04-2010, 6:02 PM
Very soon, the U.S. Senate could consider dangerous legislation, S. 3265, that would repeal the strong gun laws in our Nation's Capital.

This will put everyone who lives or visits here — our families, and friends, as well as tourists from around the world — at great risk!

Yeah, because, right now, after 30 years of absolute gun banning, DC is totally safe!

dustoff31
05-04-2010, 8:01 PM
Another short article in the Washington Post. I've clipped everything worth reading. IMO, of course.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dc/2010/04/mccain_tester_plan_senate_bill.html

McCain, Tester plan Senate bill to repeal most D.C. gun laws
Two U.S. senators plan to introduce legislation Tuesday that would repeal most of the District's gun laws and restrict the D.C. Council from regulating firearms……

Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) and Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.), the bill's sponsors, say the measure is intended to ensure that the District has complied with a 2008 landmark Supreme Court decision.

jdberger
05-04-2010, 8:02 PM
How about a campaign to do just the opposite and send letters urging the passage of the bill?

IIRC this was tied to DC getting a rep in the House. Not so sure that we want that to happen as DC is a guaranteed Lib vote.

SickofSoCal
05-04-2010, 8:14 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCWFacts
05-04-2010, 8:38 PM
I would need to know a few things before I would support this bill:

It needs to include shall-issue reform. Otherwise DC will be stuck with laws that are easier to defend, but leave them without the ability to defend themselves.
If it's tied to DC getting a vote in Congress, I don't see it as a win. The courts are going to force all this stuff through anyway.

Incremental progress is great, except when it isn't...

M. Sage
05-04-2010, 9:07 PM
The jackass in the White House, for one. It really infuriates me that it was NEVER mentioned by mainstream conservative radio and media during the election. NOT ONCE EVER. They should have pounded on it 24/7 harder than they did the Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright thing, but they totally squandered the opportunity and didn't even mention it ONCE. Totally threw it away. They STILL don't mention it. Not Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Savage, even the small time ones. NONE OF THEM. :mad:

Beck has been talking about it lately... finally.

IIRC this was tied to DC getting a rep in the House. Not so sure that we want that to happen as DC is a guaranteed Lib vote.

They can pass a law saying that DC's representative (they already have a non-voting, useless loser they send to Congress) gets a vote, but it wouldn't be Constitutional.

Mulay El Raisuli
05-05-2010, 6:11 AM
Head Up Butt, maybe?

It fits (both the letters & the Bradys in general) so I'm going to go with it until I hear different. :)

The Raisuli