PDA

View Full Version : What's the different between SA Operator and SA TRP Operator?

keson
05-03-2010, 10:35 PM
SOLD

PutTogether
05-03-2010, 11:00 PM
"Operator" is Springfield Armory terminology for "Railed." All operator means in the title of a Springfield gun is that it has a light/accesory rail.

The real question is how does a "TRP" differ from a more standard model - because the TRP is availabe with or without the "Operator" rail.

If you are comparing the TRP operator vs the "MC" operator - the differences that spring to mind are:

MC has the two toned frame. TRP has adjustable, tritium sights. TRP has a magwell. TRP has a checkered frontstrap vs the wraparound pachymar grips on the MC model. The TRP operator also as a strange one two piece guide rod and bull barrell setup, which to me is just bizarre on a 5" gun.

The TRP WITHOUT the rail gets a normal barrel/bushing combo, and fixed sights. I've never been able to figure out why adding a rail meant you got adjustable sights and a bull barrel.

keson
05-03-2010, 11:25 PM
"Operator" is Springfield Armory terminology for "Railed." All operator means in the title of a Springfield gun is that it has a light/accesory rail.

The real question is how does a "TRP" differ from a more standard model - because the TRP is availabe with or without the "Operator" rail.

If you are comparing the TRP operator vs the "MC" operator - the differences that spring to mind are:

MC has the two toned frame. TRP has adjustable, tritium sights. TRP has a magwell. TRP has a checkered frontstrap vs the wraparound pachymar grips on the MC model. The TRP operator also as a strange one two piece guide rod and bull barrell setup, which to me is just bizarre on a 5" gun.

The TRP WITHOUT the rail gets a normal barrel/bushing combo, and fixed sights. I've never been able to figure out why adding a rail meant you got adjustable sights and a bull barrel.

Thanks for the information!

Rock_Islander
05-04-2010, 6:32 AM
I think the TRP Operator sports match grade accuracy with that bull barrel set-up. I know that TRPs come standard with a one piece stainless match barrel and match barrel bushing in the non-railed version. That's why the TRP line of pistols are priced at around 1400 or so.

Reno
05-04-2010, 6:44 AM
The bull barrel is not for accuracy. It changes the balance of the gun since it is heavier then a standard barrel/bushing set-up.

civilsnake
05-04-2010, 8:51 AM
I think the TRP Operator sports match grade accuracy with that bull barrel set-up. I know that TRPs come standard with a one piece stainless match barrel and match barrel bushing in the non-railed version. That's why the TRP line of pistols are priced at around 1400 or so.

I believe the bull barrel is only on the shorty variants.

PutTogether
05-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I believe the bull barrel is only on the shorty variants.

Nope, check their specs. Springfield specs (http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=28) I've always thought it was weird

civilsnake
05-04-2010, 1:15 PM
Nope, check their specs. Springfield specs (http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=28) I've always thought it was weird

Well I do stand corrected!

That is strange that they do a bull barrel on the TRP Operator and the Champion Operator, but not the Standard TRP or MC or Lightweight Operator ???