PDA

View Full Version : .50 registration ?

cshooter
03-05-2006, 8:37 AM
Fisrt before anyone say "don't register it", I want to be able to take my .50 out and shoot it without being arrested for having a unregistered .50.
My question is how do I change my address for my other firearms that I have registered as "Assault Wepons" in California. I was woundering if I can do it at the same time? Is there a change of address form?
Thanks, cshooter

CALI-gula
03-05-2006, 10:46 AM
My question is how do I change my address for my other firearms that I have registered as "Assault Weapons" in California. I was woundering if I can do it at the same time? Is there a change of address form?
Thanks, cshooter

They do it automatically. Simply send in your registration for the .50BMG items, and you will get in return, two pages of documentation that note your new address; one for the Roberti-Roos/SB23 items, and another list of the .50BMG items.

I moved July 2004, and did not send in any change of address (I just didn't care). I figured by my changing my Drivers License, and paying property taxes with the state, that was prudent enough to show I was not trying to skirt the address documentation issue. So I didn't give much thought to it, and I was fine in not being a worry-wart about it.

I sent in my .50BMG registration cards a week ago and received it this past Thursday. I was surprised to see the list for the previous stuff updated to the new address. Yes, nobody came to my door wanting to haul me out of the house with nightsticks for having not previously updated my address since 7/04.

Have no worries - simply send in your .50BMG cards and you will get it back with the others updated.

And as far as the "registration" thing? If you have ever bought a handgun in CA, they know you have done so. The whole point of this registration scheme is to get people to get rid of them; it is exactly what they are hoping you will do.

cshooter
03-06-2006, 5:53 PM
Thanks for the info I will send it off this week.
cshooter