ned946
05-03-2010, 5:58 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

U2BassAce
05-03-2010, 7:54 PM
+1:chris:

CRACKERJACK
05-03-2010, 8:35 PM
Haha nice, just read that e-mail about ten minutes ago.

GuyW
05-04-2010, 1:53 PM
.....cueing NRA / CRPA.....

[isn't there a thingy for chirping crickets???]

The DRis
05-04-2010, 2:38 PM
If you own a business or piece of property in North County (Oceanside, Vista, Carlsbad, etc) that is HIGH traffic, HIGH visibility. Please PM me.

ned946
05-04-2010, 2:44 PM
If you own a business or piece of property in North County (Oceanside, Vista, Carlsbad, etc) that is HIGH traffic, HIGH visibility. Please PM me.

I do (Oceanside), but I have an HOA....so, outdoor won't fly. :(

Indoors, we have our suppport up! :cool:

GuyW
05-06-2010, 8:40 AM
Folks - the WIN is in sight!

North County Times Editorial today endorsing NO ONE - but Jay comes off MOST POSITIVE...(given the institutional bias for Gore that we knew we would fight, this is huge)

http://www.nctimes.com/news/opinion/editorial/article_1318f83d-48e2-5dc7-8d09-8232513f55b3.html

Please comment on the website....

We need help / $ / phone work / signs placed etc NOW because the absentee ballots arrive on Monday....

bwiese
05-06-2010, 8:43 AM
Oh noes... "major firearms group"... Kathy, Gerry and Mark and Sam?

Do they come with free condo lawyers?

You'd figure if JLS wants to win he'd actually try to get some real pro-gun support instead of the folks that helped bring about the Roster - and AB1471 microstamping (Hi Sam, thanks for the extra work/expenses required to fight this).

GuyW
05-06-2010, 9:01 AM
Calgunner's know about that group - BUT 95% of San Diego gunowners don't.

And this is ALL about getting votes from gunnies - not endorsing the group's effectiveness or purity.

....and I'm OK with that - BECAUSE WE'RE IN A FIGHT FOR OUR POLITICAL LIFE

Which begs the questions - where ARE the big dogs?

Does Jay have the unilateral ability to bring them on board?

So far all he's gotten is kicked in the teeth...

SO, BOTTOM LINE - IF GOC brings votes in this race against a by-god JBT, and NRA/CRPA don't - WHO IS IT THAT'S ACTUALLY HELPING SAN DIEGO GUNOWNERS??

You'd figure if JLS wants to win he'd actually try to get some real pro-gun support....

GuyW
05-06-2010, 9:10 AM

re: 4x8 campaign signs....

wildhawker
05-06-2010, 9:11 AM
Being supported by KathyUpholtGerryLynch, Sam and Marc would tell me all I need to know about the candidate.

Maybe Jay can get a few more free spots on the overwhelmingly successful On Target Radio Show...

You'd figure if JLS wants to win he'd actually try to get some real pro-gun support instead of the folks that helped bring about the Roster - and AB1471 microstamping (Hi Sam, thanks for the extra work/expenses required to fight this).

wildhawker
05-06-2010, 9:13 AM
Your argument presumes that Jay would help San Diego gun owners.

And this is ALL about getting votes from gunnies - not endorsing the group's effectiveness or purity.

SO, BOTTOM LINE - IF GOC brings votes in this race against a by-god Nazi, and NRA/CRPA don't - WHO IS IT THAT'S ACTUALLY HELPING SAN DIEGO GUNOWNERS??

GuyW
05-06-2010, 9:17 AM

No presumption involved - its a fact.

But perhaps you can enlighten us as to how much an anti-gun JBT as Sheriff will help SD gunowners.

You must want the Butcher of Ruby Ridge in full uniform, doing TV spots and testifying in Sacto for anti-gun bills.

wildhawker
05-06-2010, 9:23 AM
Can we stop with all the hand waving about butchers and Nazis?

GuyW
05-06-2010, 9:26 AM

I dunno - can we stop with all the gratuitous, off-topic, BS hand waving about "KathyUpholtGerryLynch, Sam and Marc"?

At least my characterizations are relevant to a candidate in the San Diego Sheriff's race....

CRACKERJACK
05-06-2010, 3:13 PM
Why do you guys feel it necessary to come in hear and talk out against JLS. You've already done so in all of his other threads. We've already heard what you've had to say and understand. Now you need to understand, while he may not be perfect, he is OUR BEST OPTION. So can we please leave this bashing behind and focus on getting him elected.

wildhawker
05-06-2010, 3:25 PM
Why do you guys feel it necessary to come in hear and talk out against JLS. You've already done so in all of his other threads. We've already heard what you've had to say and understand. Now you need to understand, while he may not be perfect, he is OUR BEST OPTION. So can we please leave this bashing behind and focus on getting him elected.

Are we somehow precluded from posting against he or any other candidate simply because we have in the past? Please explain to me how it's any more reasonable to make your request than the following:

Why do you guys feel it necessary to come in hear and talk out for JLS. You've already done so in all of his other threads. We've already heard what you've had to say and understand. Now you need to understand, while he may be perfect, he is NOT OUR BEST OPTION. So can we please leave this supporting behind and not focus on getting him elected.

I've largely avoided speaking on the subject of JLS, but when old "friends" like those mentioned earlier are brought in to somehow prop a candidate up, it's important to note the implications of such endorsements.

CRACKERJACK
05-06-2010, 4:11 PM
What I'm saying is, yes you have made your statements. All you have done is attack him. Do you have something positive to add? Do you have an alternative? If you want another candidate, all the power to you, make them a thread. If you want to make a bash JLS thread, that would be awesome, you could keep it in there. It's annoying when people are trying to organize for a cause and people have to bash him again, and again, and again.

wildhawker
05-06-2010, 4:31 PM
What I'm saying is, yes you have made your statements. All you have done is attack him. Do you have something positive to add? Do you have an alternative? If you want another candidate, all the power to you, make them a thread. If you want to make a bash JLS thread, that would be awesome, you could keep it in there. It's annoying when people are trying to organize for a cause and people have to bash him again, and again, and again.

Such is the nature of free expression. I guess it does get annoying when you have to work to overcome it yourself.

N6ATF
05-06-2010, 4:40 PM

We can either hand-wave... or wave the white flag, and hope we STILL don't get summarily executed on orders from the sheriff the State of Idaho investigated and maybe even true billed (thought I read that on one of the major newspaper archives) for murder.

bulgron
05-06-2010, 4:47 PM
There are some people in this thread, people whose opinion I usually respect, who have been pretty consistent about their dislike of LaSuer. I understand some of their opposition to him, but I am curious: exactly what do they want gunnies in San Diego County to do in this Sheriff's election?

At some point, the negativity hurts more than it helps. Do you guys really want the San Diego Sheriffs office to be in the hands of someone who is overtly anti-CCW?

Put another way: there seems to be two candidates of note in this race, one is on the record as being pro-CCW, and the other is on the record as being anti-CCW. Do you really want the anti-CCW candidate to win this race? I mean, do we really need the anti-gun lobby in this state to feel even more powerful than they already are?

wildhawker
05-06-2010, 5:08 PM
The problem is that, in reality, the anti-gun lobby wins either way. Sometimes your most dangerous enemy is the one you call your friend; JLS's most recent endorsers fall squarely into this category.

If anyone thinks that little California Sheriffs are going to be strategically relevant in the matter of CCWs for very long, they are not accurately surveying the battlefield.

As in many similar races, I'm not sure that a terribly good choice exists in San Diego. This is a byproduct of political realities in that county. The advice I would give is the same as I'd give for any Sheriff's race: select the best administrator and manager possible; SO budgets are large and expansive, and what a shame to possibly overlook that important aspect. CCWs will not matter on a local level for long, and these elections for Sheriff are the equivalent to a lifetime appointment. Years from now, when CCWs aren't even part of the equation, I hope San Diego County doesn't have buyer's remorse over people who pandered to them for the gun vote.

There are some people in this thread, people whose opinion I usually respect, who have been pretty consistent about their dislike of LaSuer. I understand some of their opposition to him, but I am curious: exactly what do they want gunnies in San Diego County to do in this Sheriff's election?

At some point, the negativity hurts more than it helps. Do you guys really want the San Diego Sheriffs office to be in the hands of someone who is overtly anti-CCW?

Put another way: there seems to be two candidates of note in this race, one is on the record as being pro-CCW, and the other is on the record as being anti-CCW. Do you really want the anti-CCW candidate to win this race? I mean, do we really need the anti-gun lobby in this state to feel even more powerful than they already are?

ned946
05-06-2010, 7:11 PM
[QUOTE=bulgron;4247516]At........

akzl
05-06-2010, 8:41 PM

+1 here. Rather than thread crap, start a thread on reasons not to vote for Jay and let people add to it............wow sounds to easy.

wildhawker
05-06-2010, 8:50 PM
+1 here. Rather than thread crap, start a thread on reasons not to vote for Jay and let people add to it............wow sounds to easy.

Nearly as easy as ignoring comments you disagree with, or not replying with a plea to converse elsewhere.

Question: if you support a political candidate, wouldn't you desire less to exist as an echo chamber than be persuasive in rising up and answering the inquiries and challenges presented?

How much do you know about your candidate, and are you really helping him by agreeing with someone who already has his vote?

You and others overestimate the value of consensus and undervalue the power of opportunity.

bulgron
05-06-2010, 9:53 PM
The problem is that, in reality, the anti-gun lobby wins either way. Sometimes your most dangerous enemy is the one you call your friend; JLS's most recent endorsers fall squarely into this category.

Okay, this may very well be true (I haven't actually been paying all that much attention to the SDSO race). However, if LaSuer loses, then that's one more piece of evidence for our politicians that says, "Court the pro-gun gun vote in California, and you will lose." Worse, any politician reading this thread might think, "Huh, if I court the pro-gun vote in California, I'll be in for a load of crap, not much support, and I'll probably get stabbed in the back. And then I'll lose the election."

I understand that LaSuer has done things in the past that really pissed off some people around here. I get that. You've all made yourselves perfectly clear on that point. But even so, isn't it time to stop bad-mouthing LaSuer in public? Nothing productive can come from all this negative messaging, especially considering that you don't have a good alternative suggestion for the people voting in that race.

eaglemike
05-06-2010, 9:53 PM
Brandon,
It is getting a bit tiresome..... seriously.....

Now, who would you support in this race, and why?

Thanks!
all the best,
Mike

GuyW
05-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Why do you guys....

....he may not be perfect, he is OUR BEST OPTION.

You have to understand - they are just trying to be consistent in their political views - because they ALWAYS insist on a perfect candidate to support, over real politik....

NOT

GuyW
05-06-2010, 10:25 PM
....when old "friends" like those mentioned earlier are brought in to somehow prop a candidate up, it's important to note the implications of such endorsements.

You sure are working hard to avoid acknowledging simple facts here.

Yep, the implications are crystal clear - some San Diego gunowners will vote for Jay because they see an endorsement from a gun group.

Seeing as all the other gun groups are currently MIA, the endorsement serves a valid and important purpose.

Here in San Diego, as with the rest of the civilized world, obtaining endorsements is not considered "propping up a candidate", its considered "politics".

gravedigger
05-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I sent the same letter to Gore, Duffy and LaSuer. Gore and Duffy returned a FORM letter.

Gore said he would continue the fine traditions of Kolender (read: CCW? Fat Chance in HELL)

Duffy said he was open to CCW under certain conditions.

LaSuer responded with a PERSONAL letter, and followed up with a PERSONAL phone call, spending 20 minutes talking with me about CCW.

Guess who has MY vote and SUPPORT?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/20Dman/assorted/signs-anon.jpg

GuyW
05-06-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=298256

CRACKERJACK
05-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Such is the nature of free expression. I guess it does get annoying when you have to work to overcome it yourself.

It's annoying when people are trying to come together and show that the pro-gun world is a world. Right now we're trying to ban together and show that we do have a political clout. I understand you have problems with him and it seems you take it personal, but you jumping at every chance you get to take a blow is getting a little ridiculous. Either provide an alternative, or simply stop posting. I understand you're butt hurt, but besides that fact you have added nothing. Please make another thread, right now we're trying to organize and make our voice heard. It's hard when half the posts are your bashing.

And if you are wondering. The main thing I like about Jay LaSuer is his stance on sexual predators. The max time you can get for raping someone is 8 years, 8 years. If you look at Jay's history as an assembly man he tried countless times trying to pass harder laws. He also openly supports Arizona's Immigration law, and wants to crack down on illegals. I don't know about you North County folk but that's a huge problem down here. A good percentage of my high school English class passed only speaking Spanish, I don't even know how that's possible. I didn't know what to think first day of school when Spanish was on the flip side of the homework assignment. Everything else like his spending cuts, which he is very detailed about, I still only take with a grain of salt as this still is politics.

wildhawker
05-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Ever tried campaigning from, say, a campaign instead of an open discussion forum?

vBulletin is cheap. JLS should install it on his hosted server so he and his supporters can converse freely and moderate opinions they find distasteful or unwanted.

Really, I quit posting on JLS quite a while ago at the request of Alaric. These recent endorsements by "pro-gun" interests (the topic of the OP) make me very nervous; but for Kathy and Co., you never would have heard another peep from me about JLS.

Alaric
05-07-2010, 1:05 AM

They speak out against him because they need our money to support the CGF.

It's smelly, but understandable. If we elect pro-CCW sheriffs in SD and Orange counties then why would we support the broader CCW cause at the state level? These counties are highly populated, relatively affluent, with large #'s of gunnies and CGF/CGN contributors. They fear we won't, so they decide to attack our best candidates for CCW to keep us motivated to contribute.

With friends like this who needs enemies?

Alaric
05-07-2010, 1:08 AM
Really, I quit posting on JLS quite a while ago at the request of Alaric.

Yep, for a while.

These recent endorsements by "pro-gun" interests (the topic of the OP) make me very nervous; but for Kathy and Co., you never would have heard another peep from me about JLS.

Last I checked, JLS still had a top rating from the NRA as well. Does the NRA also make you nervous?

wildhawker
05-07-2010, 1:43 AM
At times, but that's not the question at issue here.

JLS really isn't the target of the comments, and I would have expected more of a discerning analysis from you.

wildhawker
05-07-2010, 1:48 AM
Your assertion that our concerns are based on a fundraising scheme is utterly laughable and highlights how out of touch you are with the people and goals of SAF and CGF.

Did you even bother to comprehend what I wrote or did you just see JLS under my avatar and take up on making unfounded attacks on CGF?

Alaric
05-07-2010, 1:50 AM
At times, but that's not the question at issue here.

JLS really isn't the target of the comments, and I would have expected more of a discerning analysis from you.

Oh really? Sure seems like you're using this as another opportunity to bash our local candidate...

Maybe Jay can get a few more free spots on the overwhelmingly successful On Target Radio Show...

I hope San Diego County doesn't have buyer's remorse over people who pandered to them for the gun vote.

Alaric
05-07-2010, 2:01 AM
Your assertion that our concerns are based on a fundraising scheme is utterly laughable and highlights how out of touch you are with the people and goals of SAF and CGF.

Did you even bother to comprehend what I wrote or did you just see JLS under my avatar and take up on making unfounded attacks on CGF?

It stands to reason that there are two motivations for someone living in a county other than San Diego to attack our local candidate:

1. Spite. He angered a faction of our movement years ago in the assembly, therefore he is worse than Satan. Or even Obama. He must never hold office again.

2. Money. Like I pointed out, our areas are key to CGF fundraising. If San Diego and Orange counties were suddenly to vote to leave California and join Arizona (one can dream right?) what would that do to the face of California politics? It would turn a whole lot more liberal obviously. What would happen if we all suddenly got the opportunity to get CCW's? Well, maybe a statewide movement isn't such a priority anymore. The majority of gunnies agree, getting shall-issue is our #1 priority.

I'm not saying the CGF sits around in their meetings conspiring to undermine JLS because they're worried about money. I do think that it plays a role in the vehemence of the attacks we see aimed at him. If it wasn't for this strategic aspect to what is otherwise a local race, spite alone seems an insufficient motivation.

wildhawker
05-07-2010, 2:09 AM
Oh really? Sure seems like you're using this as another opportunity to bash our local candidate...

I'd express the same concern over any candidate who was so closely aligned with CAFR (Lynch/Upholt), Halcon and GOC.

Note the crack at the radio show was... a crack at the radio show.

The assertion you didn't quote was the following, to which I replied as you included in your post:

SO, BOTTOM LINE - IF GOC brings votes in this race against a by-god JBT, and NRA/CRPA don't - WHO IS IT THAT'S ACTUALLY HELPING SAN DIEGO GUNOWNERS??

This argument does presume that JLS helps San Diego gun owners. Being that some of us know quite a bit more detail as to JLS's history and GuyW has zero data to support the assertion that he will "actually [help] San Diego gun owners", my statement was both fair and accurate. But really, the issue I raised is much less about JLS's record than the fact that GuyW, and others, make claims that are entirely unsupportable and based on pure pandering and political marketing, much as in the OC Sheriff race and others; it's a commentary on how leveraged the gun movement has been in some very fascinating (to me) ways.

If you want JLS to win, fine. It's not my county; at least not currently. However, if you think my concern for basic human rights begins or ends at a county line, think again.

wildhawker
05-07-2010, 2:19 AM
Alaric,

Gun rights do not begin or end at the county line. Are you suggesting that we be purposefully dispassionate, or even uninterested, in fundamental rights and relevant politics if the conflict does not incorporate our own class, city or county of residence?

Our goal is to advance gun rights throughout California via an all-volunteer and donor-funded non-profit organization. Seems pretty clear to me.

If that job didn't exist, and we were free to take the 40-80+ unpaid hours a week and invest them into other places (like family, friends, more work, etc.) you would find no complaints or arguments from any of us.

If you are willing to be wrong about our intentions, you should get involved and work alongside the people you so disparage in your comments.

It stands to reason that there are two motivations for someone living in a county other than San Diego to attack our local candidate:

1. Spite. He angered a faction of our movement years ago in the assembly, therefore he is worse than Satan. Or even Obama. He must never hold office again.

2. Money. Like I pointed out, our areas are key to CGF fundraising. If San Diego and Orange counties were suddenly to vote to leave California and join Arizona (one can dream right?) what would that do to the face of California politics? It would turn a whole lot more liberal obviously. What would happen if we all suddenly got the opportunity to get CCW's? Well, maybe a statewide movement isn't such a priority anymore. The majority of gunnies agree, getting shall-issue is our #1 priority.

I'm not saying the CGF sits around in their meetings conspiring to undermine JLS because they're worried about money. I do think that it plays a role in the vehemence of the attacks we see aimed at him. If it wasn't for this strategic aspect to what is otherwise a local race, spite alone seems an insufficient motivation.

akzl
05-07-2010, 6:54 AM
Nearly as easy as ignoring comments you disagree with, or not replying with a plea to converse elsewhere.

Question: if you support a political candidate, wouldn't you desire less to exist as an echo chamber than be persuasive in rising up and answering the inquiries and challenges presented?

How much do you know about your candidate, and are you really helping him by agreeing with someone who already has his vote?

You and others overestimate the value of consensus and undervalue the power of opportunity.

Can't seem to find East Bay anywhere in San Diego County? East Bay as in the east side of Mission Bay?

GuyW
05-07-2010, 8:00 AM
Being that some of us know quite a bit more detail as to JLS's history and GuyW has zero data to support the assertion that he will "actually [help] San Diego gun owners", my statement was both fair and accurate. But really, the issue I raised is much less about JLS's record than the fact that GuyW, and others, make claims that are entirely unsupportable and based on pure pandering and political marketing, much as in the OC Sheriff race and others;

Jay's drafting of, and voting for, an ordinance for La Mesa to start issuing CCWs back in the 1990s when he was a City Councilman is FACT.

Information from conversations I have had with his fellow City Councilman about Jay and CCWs is FACT.

That CCWs were easier to get in San Diego when he was #2 in the Dept is FACT.

Your statements on the topic continue to be inaccurate bloviation with no basis in facts or fairness.

wildhawker
05-07-2010, 8:05 AM
Pot, meet kettle...

Actually I have traveled to San Diego for gun rights; should I be expecting you in San Jose, Oakland or SF soon?

ned946
05-07-2010, 8:25 AM
bloviation .

Thanks for the new $3 word for today!

(and thanks for the facts too!

blo·vi·ate  /ˈbloʊviˌeɪt/ Show Spelled[bloh-vee-eyt] Show IPA
–verb (used without object),‐at·ed, ‐at·ing.
to speak pompously.
Use bloviation in a Sentence
See images of bloviation
Search bloviation on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1850–55, Americanism; pseudo-L alter. of blow to boast; popularized by W. G. Harding

Untamed1972
05-07-2010, 9:01 AM
As has been the long standing question by many here when the JLS debate comes up......of the official candidates now on the ballot which is the best choice? JLS may not be perfect, but I am hard pressed to see how he's any worse then any of the others.

So if you're gonna bash a particular candidate, even if the bashing is fairly deserved, then PLEASE.....offer an alternative. Is that so much to ask?

N6ATF
05-07-2010, 11:47 AM
PLEASE.....offer an alternative. Is that so much to ask?

YES.

http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/13688000/13688600.jpg

:banghead:

CRACKERJACK
05-07-2010, 11:56 AM

It's smelly, but understandable. If we elect pro-CCW sheriffs in SD and Orange counties then why would we support the broader CCW cause at the state level? These counties are highly populated, relatively affluent, with large #'s of gunnies and CGF/CGN contributors. They fear we won't, so they decide to attack our best candidates for CCW to keep us motivated to contribute.

Not to far of a stretch to think this is the bigger picture he keeps rambling about.

As has been the long standing question by many here when the JLS debate comes up......of the official candidates now on the ballot which is the best choice? JLS may not be perfect, but I am hard pressed to see how he's any worse then any of the others.

So if you're gonna bash a particular candidate, even if the bashing is fairly deserved, then PLEASE.....offer an alternative. Is that so much to ask?

Obviously. He's been asked in almost every post and has no response. Out of curiosity, am I the only one that imagines his voice being Eric Cartman's from South Park. Reminds me of the "I do what I want" attitude. It's an open forum, I can post what I want, go post somewhere else. Sorry that I came to a gun forum, to organize with other pro gunnies, to support a pro gun candidate. If you don't agree with this awesome, make your point and provide an alternative. If you don't have an alternative at least have some manners. You have successfully made a whole page of nothing. Now once again, DO YOU HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE OR DO YOU JUST LIKE READING YOUR WRITING.

Untamed1972
05-07-2010, 1:01 PM
When we will only have 2 or 3 choices to choose from and no alternative is offered when one of those choices is poo-poo'd it kinda like saying:

Well the house is on fire and we need to get out and we have 3 choices:

1) We can sit here and die of smoke inhalation and burn to death

2) We can jump out the 3rd story window and break our legs and get shredded by the rose bushed we will land in...or

3) We can try and run thru the flaming hallway and down the stairs and hope we can make it to the first floor door.

Then when asked for opinions on which would be the best option, the only response is "I think option #X sucks and there is no way I'm doing that"......followed by silence.

Well that doesn't really do anyone any good does it? Perhaps all the options suck, but one might suck a little less then the rest. So it's a simple question. Of the options SD voters have.....which one sucks less.

The fact that the JLS opponents will never answer that question is rather disturbing. If it's because you dont want to officially endorse any candidate then say so, but then you should also not vocally oppose any either.

So.....insert the crickets again.....cuz I doubt this will get answered just like it hasn't all the other times. But I think it's rather disturbing and immature for the question to constantly be ingnored by those who are most vocal as opponents.

Alaric
05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Now once again, DO YOU HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE OR DO YOU JUST LIKE READING YOUR WRITING.

Still waiting here. /yawn

Legasat
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Man, you guys need to give each other a break. We're all supposed to be on the same side.

All of the "gunnies" I know are voting for Jay, and that's the way it should be.

wildhawker
05-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Please find below my reply thread to the request for a viable alternative to Jay LaSuer.

-Brandon

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=299545

artherd
05-10-2010, 10:23 PM

I can assure you that's not the case. If CGF personnel are going overboard here ... in their personal capacity ... it's because they are letting a political argument get too personal.

The response of "fine, if not him whom?" is perfectly valid! It should be met with a "this guy." And it has. You can't stir up a posse then lead it nowhere.

CGF is a nonprofit and generally cannot take a political position. It's admin and board serve without compensation (at great personal expense.) and take a massive out of pocket loss. "can we please spend more time away from our families paying for expensive travel out of pocket for no pay?" would be the motto.

SoCalXD
05-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Sheriff Jay LaSuer will unequivocally issue CCW permits to law abiding citizens for personal self defense. He even put it in the official registrar of voters pamphlet summary I just received in the mail, and it's even underlined!:

"Law abiding citizens will receive concealed weapons permits to help protect themselves and their families."

That's all I need to hear. Jay LaSuer is my new Sheriff, regardless of spam-like posts by Duffy's single supporter here!

http://www.sheriffjay.org

GuyW
05-15-2010, 8:32 AM
I'll be at the Escondido Street Fair tomorrow, carrying my LaSuer yard sign - 50-70,000 people in attendance....

...come on out!

jnojr
05-15-2010, 9:54 AM

How will he not help us?

Who do you think San Diego gun owners should vote for?

OK, great, you have your issues with La Suer. He isn't perfect. Fantastic. Tell us who's better. "None of the above" isn't going to win. One of three people will... Gore, whom we know is going to continue with "business as usual". Duffy, who just found his religion on the Second Amendment a couple of weeks ago (and there's zero chance that he's just making mouth noises to win votes, right? We're sure he has deep-seated respect for and belief in the Second Amendment that he just hasn't told us about for years, right?) Or La Suer.

CessnaDriver
05-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Some say runoff election will happen between Gore and LaSuer.

http://sdrostra.com/?p=4535

wildhawker
05-15-2010, 3:24 PM
My analysis can be found at the link here:

Please find below my reply thread to the request for a viable alternative to Jay LaSuer.

-Brandon

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=299545

Based upon my research, JLS has either shown an incredible level of incompetence as a legislator or is not as 2A-friendly as he'd like us to believe, and possibly both.

From a 2A perspective, the goal is defeating Gore; I'm not sure how that happens in a county where the most recent poll shows 39% are undecided by voting for a candidate with no money or major endorsements to carry the campaign through election day and a runoff.

How will he not help us?

Who do you think San Diego gun owners should vote for?

OK, great, you have your issues with La Suer. He isn't perfect. Fantastic. Tell us who's better. "None of the above" isn't going to win. One of three people will... Gore, whom we know is going to continue with "business as usual". Duffy, who just found his religion on the Second Amendment a couple of weeks ago (and there's zero chance that he's just making mouth noises to win votes, right? We're sure he has deep-seated respect for and belief in the Second Amendment that he just hasn't told us about for years, right?) Or La Suer.

KylaGWolf
05-16-2010, 11:48 AM

Better question would be whom are they harming.

Sgt5811
05-16-2010, 2:55 PM
You know, there sure is a lot of hecklers in the peanut gallery. If people spoke upon things that actually pertained to them, others might find what they have to say...relevant? I live in San Diego County and JLS gets my vote. Those that don't live in San Diego County, what good does voicing your opinion for the sake of getting higher posting counts do for your online "cool guy" persona?

wildhawker
05-16-2010, 3:47 PM
Are you making the argument that only <blacks/gays/Christians/etc> can speak out against <blacks/gays/Christians/etc> oppression?

Does the first amendment bother you?

You know, there sure is a lot of hecklers in the peanut gallery. If people spoke upon things that actually pertained to them, others might find what they have to say...relevant? I live in San Diego County and JLS gets my vote. Those that don't live in San Diego County, what good does voicing your opinion for the sake of getting higher posting counts do for your online "cool guy" persona?

N6ATF
05-16-2010, 4:23 PM
One made an unequivocal promise to do the OPPOSITE of oppressing self-defense, in writing*, delivered to every single registered voter in San Diego County. One that no other candidate in the race has made. One whose record is consistent in this (La Mesa City Council, shall-issue CCW). One who will have a recall launched against him by his own campaign volunteers if he reneges and starts printing the Constitution on toilet paper.

Do we want an oppressor as the highest Constitutional officer in the land? Do we want a recalcitrant sheriff who will violate the holdings in Sykes, Peruta, et al (assuming we win), forcing MORE court battles? I don't.

Law-abiding citizens will receive concealed weapons permits to help protect themselves and their families.

The only promise that would be MORE pro-2A would be:
"Law-abiding adults with no criminal record, found in possession of loaded weapons, and suspected of no other crime, in accordance with the Constitution and my sworn oath of office, will not be arrested by deputies serving under me, nor booked into the county jail facilities after being arrested by city police departments."

GuyW
05-16-2010, 6:45 PM
Folks, I worked the Escondido Street Fair today from 9:30 am - 6 pm.

Not only was the anti-Gore Ruby Ridge information 100% appreciated by everyone with whom I spoke, but

.....the pro-Jay response from a diverse population was 100%.....

....there were no Gore supporters....

....there were no Duffy supporters...

....as well, speaking with Jay, there are great things happening in his campaign....

....to name just one, he is now on a slate-mailer by a statewide anti-tax organization, at a low cost, because ONE OF THE OTHER SHERIFF CANDIDATES DIDN'T HAVE THE $$ TO HONOR THEIR PRIOR COMMITMENT TO PAY.

The momentum for Jay is building - come HELP YOURSELF by helping Jay get into the general election....

Sgt5811
05-16-2010, 6:48 PM
Are you making the argument that only <blacks/gays/Christians/etc> can speak out against <blacks/gays/Christians/etc> oppression?

Does the first amendment bother you?

Well, since you asked, I'd be lying if I said no. Quite often it does. Such as now.

ned946
05-16-2010, 7:41 PM

GJC
05-16-2010, 8:07 PM
Living in Santee, I'm seeing way to many Gore signs. We need more in EC, Lakeside, Santee, El cajon, Jamuel.

GuyW
05-16-2010, 9:15 PM
I know Jay has at least 1000 regular-size signs, and also 48" signs. Let's get 'em up...

akzl
05-17-2010, 8:29 PM

Thank you and well put! The rural areas of San Diego County are behind Jay also.

ned946
05-18-2010, 5:43 AM

SoCalXD
05-21-2010, 8:46 PM
I'll be at the Escondido Street Fair tomorrow, carrying my LaSuer yard sign - 50-70,000 people in attendance....
...come on out!

Oh, I missed your post! Darn!

I'll be at the Del Mar Gun show all weekend, talking about the NRA's lawsuit against Gore, NRA's latest mailing this week, and Gore's free response to the NRA mailer in the SD Union Tribune today, along with his continued lie about a non-existent State law that he must follow: http://www.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/all-in-favor-politics/2010/may/21/gore-resonds-to-nra/ .
:mad:

SoCalXD
05-21-2010, 9:06 PM
They speak out against him because they need our money to support the CGF...With friends like this who needs enemies?

Wow, that's a scary thought! The only reasons I can think that these anti-LaSuer thread crappers wouldn't support LaSuer would be if they are cronies of Bill Gore, died in the wool Unionists supporting Duffy, Anchor babies dreading their parents getting deported back to Mexico, or HCI agent provocateurs.

You bring out a much more diabolical plot.... sure hope it's not true!

wildhawker
05-22-2010, 12:43 AM
Wow, that's a scary thought! The only reasons I can think that these anti-LaSuer thread crappers wouldn't support LaSuer would be if they are cronies of Bill Gore, died in the wool Unionists supporting Duffy, Anchor babies dreading their parents getting deported back to Mexico, or HCI agent provocateurs.

You bring out a much more diabolical plot.... sure hope it's not true!

I've never been one to hide behind an avatar and username. Feel free to PM for my home number; I'd be happy to address your concerns personally.

CGF has nothing to do with my comments on LaSuer - period.

-Brandon

marcusrn
05-22-2010, 12:51 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Windhawker. Gore is onerous and Laseur has peaked and is unelectable. Duffys father had 2x the CCWs that are out at this time. Duffy says he is pro issue and has no negative history of 2nd amendment atatcks. Duffy has a chance if we all unite. For Gods sake SD is a sanctuary city. Is Joe Arpio going to come from AZ and help JLS win. I think not. Be political. Get all that you can realistically.

GuyW
05-22-2010, 6:10 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Windhawker. Gore is onerous and Laseur has peaked and is unelectable. Duffys father had 2x the CCWs that are out at this time. Duffy says he is pro issue and has no negative history of 2nd amendment atatcks. Duffy has a chance if we all unite. For Gods sake SD is a sanctuary city. Is Joe Arpio going to come from AZ and help JLS win. I think not. Be political. Get all that you can realistically.

3 posts - you wouldn't happen to be a Duffyite insider, would you?

Jay is electable.

I swear, the Duffy people are going to p&*( me off enough that if the race post-June becomes Gore vs Duffy, I'll sit it out, and take as many with me as I can...

...and anybody bank-rolled by PORAC (aka Duffy) is an enemy of all taxpayers....

The Nomadd
05-22-2010, 7:03 PM
Was on Signonsandiego.com, and was looking at their so-called election coverage for SD County. Noticed that they only had Gore & Duffy listed as candidates. LaSuer was no where to be seen. So I emailed the person in charge of the online content, and took the U-T to task for not being thorough in regards to listing the candidates. We'll see if that gets corrected or not.

ned946
05-22-2010, 8:10 PM

N6ATF
05-22-2010, 9:41 PM
Holy crapballs guys, I just drove past a light pole with a Gore sign, and a Duffy sign right under it.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

yelohamr
05-23-2010, 9:26 AM
Having non-San Diego County residents telling us who to vote for in our county, makes as much sense as taking advice from China on who Americans should elect as president.

If you don't live in San Diego County and can't vote here, stay out of it.

wildhawker
05-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Having non-San Diego County residents telling us who to vote for in our county, makes as much sense as taking advice from China on who Americans should elect as president.

If you don't live in San Diego County and can't vote here, STFU.

Amusing that some people of SD County don't mind so much when non-SD County residents file lawsuits to bring 2A/carry rights to all residents of SD County...

yelohamr
05-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Learn to live with it.

Kestryll
05-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Amusing that some people of SD County don't mind so much when non-SD County residents file lawsuits to bring 2A/carry rights to all residents of SD County...

It's not amusing but it sure is amazing, and disheartening, to see someone put so much effort in to alienating and making enemies of an entire County full of Calgunners.

It's the San Dieagan Calgunners election to vote in and in the end they will make the choice of who they vote for.
All I would ask is that you look at the records, look at the info for both LaSuer and Duffy as presented by both sides, become as informed a voter as you can be and then vote for who you feel is best qualified and most likely to support, defend and follow the 2nd Amendment.

Of course if you vote for Gore all bets are off and we're sending a large and mean Calgunner over to your house to rearrange your patio furniture when you're not home! :43: :D

Alaric
05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Was on Signonsandiego.com, and was looking at their so-called election coverage for SD County. Noticed that they only had Gore & Duffy listed as candidates. LaSuer was no where to be seen. So I emailed the person in charge of the online content, and took the U-T to task for not being thorough in regards to listing the candidates. We'll see if that gets corrected or not.

I contacted the U-T by email last night about this as well. They responded back this morning that JLS hadn't completed and returned the candidate survey they sent him, so they couldn't include him in their database. In their reply to me they included JLS' email addy as well, so hopefully he gets on that right quick. As of now I still don't see JLS in their database.

I'll see if I can't get in touch with a few more of his campaign people to make sure this happens.

yelohamr
05-23-2010, 11:46 AM
It's not amusing but it sure is amazing, and disheartening, to see someone put so much effort in to alienating and making enemies of an entire County full of Calgunners.

It's the San Dieagan Calgunners election to vote in and in the end they will make the choice of who they vote for.
All I would ask is that you look at the records, look at the info for both LaSuer and Duffy as presented by both sides, become as informed a voter as you can be and then vote for who you feel is best qualified and most likely to support, defend and follow the 2nd Amendment.

Of course if you vote for Gore all bets are off and we're sending a large and mean Calgunner over to your house to rearrange your patio furniture when you're not home! :43: :D

Well put. Let me know if you need help rearranging patio furniture.

N6ATF
05-23-2010, 12:56 PM

So the first filer is the only filer?

http://www.rebelo.co.uk/these_are_not_the_droids.jpg
"These are not the Peruta you are looking for..."

gravedigger
06-02-2010, 10:19 PM

So much for what you think! LOL!

Sheriff Jay
06-06-2010, 3:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/jaylasuer#p/a/u/0/h62SER1F3WA [/URL]

Thanks for your support CALGUNS. Please take a look at the above link to see, straight from the horses mouth, my position. I have have this stand on my website, in writing for 21 months, not just recently as my opponents. There are 6 different clips on my You Tube page; please watch them and then ask the others candidates their positions on these topics. Then Google them...then Google me.

jdewolf
06-06-2010, 3:09 PM
Along Encinitas Blvd I see a lot of Sheriff Jay signs. Makes me :D

hoffmang
06-06-2010, 3:51 PM
Sheriff Jay,

You still haven't responded about AB 2218.

"Rah rah rah and please ignore my actual record!"

-Gene

ned946
06-06-2010, 3:54 PM
[QUOTE=Alaric;4333751],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,