PDA

View Full Version : Bill Hunt or Craig Hunter

GnarlyMilk
05-03-2010, 12:39 PM
One things seems certain, we want Sandra Hutchens out.

I have been reading up on the candidates Bill hunt and Craig Hunter. ( don't get them confused ) and I keep going back and fourth. There both good for the gun community. However I am not sure Craig H. CAN win, and may take votes from Bill. So far it has been said to be a extremely close race between Hutchens (current OC sheriff) and Hunt. I would hate for Hutchens stay in office.

Anyone care to make a case on who should win? Hunt or Hunter?

OrangeCountyCCW
05-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I do not care to make a case one way or the other even though our Political Action Committee, SAFE OC, has unanimously endorsed Bill Hunt.

To paraphrase Montgomery Brewster, instead of "none of the above" I say to you at this point, "both of the above."

On June 8th, I ask you to vote for Bill Hunt, but if not for Bill Hunt, then for Craig Hunter.

My friends Globetrotter and RomansDad will tell you to vote for Craig Hunter, but if not for Craig Hunter, then for Bill Hunt.

One thing is certain -- just don't vote for Sandra Hutchens!

RomanDad
05-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I do not care to make a case one way or the other even though our Political Action Committee, SAFE OC, has unanimously endorsed Bill Hunt.

To paraphrase Montgomery Brewster, instead of "none of the above" I say to you at this point, "both of the above."

On June 8th, I ask you to vote for Bill Hunt, but if not for Bill Hunt, then for Craig Hunter.

My friends Globetrotter and RomansDad will tell you to vote for Craig Hunter, but if not for Craig Hunter, then for Bill Hunt.

What he said.

GnarlyMilk
05-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I understand that Hutchens is not wanted.. She will NOT have my vote however if votes are split between Hunt and Hunter wont that give Hutchens a better chance of winning?

bwiese
05-03-2010, 12:58 PM

That says it quite nicely!

tango-52
05-03-2010, 1:02 PM
I understand that Hutchens is not wanted.. She will NOT have my vote however if votes are split between Hunt and Hunter wont that give Hutchens a better chance of winning?
For the June primary, the emphasis needs to be on getting Hunter and Hunt to have individually more votes that Hutchens, putting her in third. Then for the runoff in November, the decision will be between two pro-CCW candidates. With any luck, we will have the same situation in San Diego County.

GnarlyMilk
05-03-2010, 1:05 PM
For the June primary, the emphasis needs to be on getting Hunter and Hunt to have individually more votes that Hutchens, putting her in third. Then for the runoff in November, the decision will be between two pro-CCW candidates. With any luck, we will have the same situation in San Diego County.

Ok I get it now, thanks for clearing it up for me :)

IGOTDIRT4U
05-03-2010, 2:38 PM

There is still a huge percentage of undecided voters in this thing. It's important these undecided voters show up, but only to circle "Hunter" or "Hunt".

BTW, most of the people I have talked too that are undecided but likely voters, have said they worry many will confuse all three names. I tell them, "Tell anyone who is confused, Michael Hutchens is dead, so vote for the other two 'live' candidates." I usually get a chuckle.

RomanDad
05-03-2010, 4:58 PM

No.... Its technically a primary...

IF one candidate gets 50%+1, they automatically win it all outright. (In other words, if there are 2 other candidates, or 200 other candidates, it doesnt matter.... If you pool all of the other candidates votes together, they still have only 49%)

If NO candidate gets more than 50% then the two top vote getters go to the November election for a runoff.

In other words, for Hutchens to win in June, she has to get MORE VOTES than Hunt AND Hunter COMBINED....

EVERY VOTE for either HUNTER or HUNT is one more vote in the total percentage, that Hutchens has to get make up.

One other way.... If Hunt Gets 100,000 votes, and Hunter gets 100,000 votes, HUTCHENS has to get 200,001 votes to win in June.

GnarlyMilk
05-03-2010, 7:51 PM
No.... Its technically a primary...

IF one candidate gets 50%+1, they automatically win it all outright. (In other words, if there are 2 other candidates, or 200 other candidates, it doesnt matter.... If you pool all of the other candidates votes together, they still have only 49%)

If NO candidate gets more than 50% then the two top vote getters go to the November election for a runoff.

In other words, for Hutchens to win in June, she has to get MORE VOTES than Hunt AND Hunter COMBINED....

EVERY VOTE for either HUNTER or HUNT is one more vote in the total percentage, that Hutchens has to get make up.

One other way.... If Hunt Gets 100,000 votes, and Hunter gets 100,000 votes, HUTCHENS has to get 200,001 votes to win in June.

Got it !! :) now I can start my own personal campaign for Hunt and Hunter :clap:

U2BassAce
05-03-2010, 7:53 PM
Got it !! :) now I can start my own personal campaign for Hunt and Hunter :clap:

Now you are talking!;)

akzl
05-04-2010, 9:09 AM
When talking with undecided or uneducated voters, it is wiser to educate them on the reasons NOT TO VOTE for Hutchens (the appointed incumbent). As has been stated a vote for Hunt or Hunter puts us all one step closer to getting rid of Sandra.

Bill Hunt for Sheriff-Vote June 8, 2010
http://www.billhuntforsheriff2010.com/

Cuban8
05-04-2010, 8:07 PM
Anyone but Hutchens

RomanDad
05-04-2010, 9:33 PM
She sent me mail today..... That was money wasted.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/MovieLawyer/IMG00016-20100504-1509.jpg

(I know its immature..... But It was a gut reaction)

Liberty Rules
05-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Bill Hunt spoke at an OC Gun Club meeting. Hands down, he has my vote. He is extremely knowledgeable about 2A issues and convinced me without a doubt that he is a true supporter. I donated $100 on the spot to his campaign. I encourage you to do the same (in whatever amount you wish, of course).

nso1
05-05-2010, 4:48 AM

Call her campaign office and tell them to take you off her mailing list, in fact we should all do that as it would take up a siginficant amount of their time

Bobbar
05-05-2010, 5:39 AM
Hunt.

RomanDad
05-05-2010, 7:30 AM
Call her campaign office and tell them to take you off her mailing list, in fact we should all do that as it would take up a siginficant amount of their time

No.... It costs MONEY to send out those flyers.... And if shes sending them to US, its wasted.

devilinblack
05-05-2010, 7:57 AM
No.... It costs MONEY to send out those flyers.... And if shes sending them to US, its wasted.

So we should call and request campaign literature?? Lots and lots of literature for kindling... I mean for studying her stance on the issues?

IGOTDIRT4U
05-05-2010, 11:11 AM

If one shows up in my mailbox, I'm sure within seconds there will be a pile of throw-up on it.

1BigPea
05-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Haha...nice! I got one in the mail yesterday too, it got ripped up on the spot.

1BigPea
05-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Bill Hunt spoke at an OC Gun Club meeting. Hands down, he has my vote. He is extremely knowledgeable about 2A issues and convinced me without a doubt that he is a true supporter. I donated $100 on the spot to his campaign. I encourage you to do the same (in whatever amount you wish, of course).

Yup. Bill Hunt is definitely a friend of the 2nd Amendment and he's not just blowing smoke.

jont92619
05-05-2010, 4:15 PM
I don't agree with RomanDad that often when it comes to the OC Sheriff race but on this one he is correct. Let her spend as much money as she wants sending this stuff out to people who want her to lose. It will eat up her war chest.

Might I suggest that those who disagree with her ccw policy request a yard sign too. Those suckers ain't cheap... Feel free to express yourself artistically on the sign after it's delivered. They can be ordered online apparently.. http://www.sheriffhutchens.com/splash/