PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about my CA assemblyman and CA senator and new Sheriff......

IrishPirate
05-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Just moved to Roseville and figured I should find out who is representing me to the powers that be. I knew Boxer and Feinstein wouldn't change, but I was pleased to find out that my Congressman is Tom McClintock. I've heard alot of good things about McClintock and I believe he shares alot of the same views as I do.

I found out later that my Assemblyman is Ted Gaines, and my CA Senator is Dave Cox. I don't know much about either but I was able to find out that both voted against AB962. That's a good start.....but there's alot more to politics than RKBA issues. I'd like to keep researching, but it took about 10 minutes to find out how they voted for AB962, and I don't have the time to find out what all the laws names are, and what their bill numbers were, and then find out how each voted, and getting a straight forward and simple answer from politicians takes way too long and is usually anything but straight forward and simple.

SO....can my fellow Assembly District 04, and Senate District 01 members who have been following their representatives closely fill me in? How would you describe each and are you happy with the job they have been doing? I appreciate your help! :thumbsup:

Also, since I'm new to Placer County I figured I should check out the Sheriff...Edward N. Bonner. To be honest, it's been hard to find any relevant info about his stance on RKBA and CCW. Any Placer County residence with info, please chime in!!!!!!

OleCuss
05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Call their offices and find out! Two things that does for you - one is that you find out more about their stance and the second is that it tells them that they've got one more voter out there who cares about the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Bugei
05-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Also, since I'm new to Placer County I figured I should check out the Sheriff...Edward N. Bonner. To be honest, it's been hard to find any relevant info about his stance on RKBA and CCW. Any Placer County residence with info, please chime in!!!!!!

Just my opinion: Placer County isn't bad on RKBA and CCW. When I had a CCW, it was Ed Bonner's name on it. He does issue them or did, anyway. Nothing like other counties.

IrishPirate
05-05-2010, 9:06 AM
Call their offices and find out! Two things that does for you - one is that you find out more about their stance and the second is that it tells them that they've got one more voter out there who cares about the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

getting the run around......like i said, it's hard to get straight and simple answers from politicians (if you can ever get through!!), but aparently it's even harder to get them from their aides!! :rolleyes: