PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys do with your Coyotes?

Deluhathol
05-03-2010, 7:54 AM
I was wondering what you all do with the Coyotes after you shoot them?

BIME
05-03-2010, 8:01 AM
toss them in a bush, I'd like to make some jerky one of these times though

professorhard
05-03-2010, 8:11 AM
PCH eats them. Everyone else just leaves them there

metalhead357
05-03-2010, 9:45 AM
I used to skin 'em and try my hand at tanning them..... ditched all my pelts about 3 moves ago as even though they seemed to be tanned ok/correctly they still stunk years later...................... YMMV

Deluhathol
05-03-2010, 9:51 AM
Well I am going to be getting started in making Calls so i was wondering if any of you would mind trying to get the canines off of them for me if you are not doing anything with their heads. It would be most appreciated.

Big Jake
05-03-2010, 9:56 AM
PCH eats them. Everyone else just leaves them there

PCH eats anything! :puke:

Mike's Custom
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I leave them lay. So far nothing eats them and they just lay there and shrivel up.

professionalcoyotehunter
05-03-2010, 10:07 AM
You dont want to know.:whistling:

theseacow
05-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I leave them lay. So far nothing eats them and they just lay there and shrivel up.

are there any vultures down there? It doesnt take much time up here and the vultures come out and pick it clean.

metalhead357
05-03-2010, 10:31 AM

I'd be careful on public land doing that: I aint kidding- its a fine for littering. Same holds true for innards of any gutted animal........... You're supposed to dispose of it 'properly'

winnre
05-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Call animal control, they will pick them up and check for rabies, etc.

Baxter
05-08-2010, 9:24 PM
I'd be careful on public land doing that: I aint kidding- its a fine for littering. Same holds true for innards of any gutted animal........... You're supposed to dispose of it 'properly'

I would like to see the reg that specifies that you have to dispose of coyotes and/or innards.

professionalcoyotehunter
05-08-2010, 9:29 PM
You dont have to dispose of it as long as you used lead free bullets. That was the whole reason for that law. It is iin no way illegal.

I have a coyote leg on the smoker as we speak.

Righteous Justice
05-08-2010, 9:55 PM
So what does coyote taste like then?

blackberg
05-08-2010, 11:49 PM
PCH eats anything! :puke:
I actually have a PM to prove that he doesnt:D:eek:
-bb

jawbreaker
05-09-2010, 7:25 AM
You dont have to dispose of it as long as you used lead free bullets. That was the whole reason for that law. It is iin no way illegal.

Only in the lead free areas,

Rule .308
05-09-2010, 7:54 AM
Leave them to lay or toss them back into a bush, nobody is going to hassle you for it.

taperxz
05-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Hang em on my barbed wire fence. Which is what the old timers all did. AFTER they collected their bounty of $50.

Mike's Custom
05-09-2010, 1:43 PM
are there any vultures down there? It doesnt take much time up here and the vultures come out and pick it clean.

I haven't seen anything eat a coyote. Even at the dead pit I saw a coyote lay there untouched until it rotted. Maybe there were to many cows to eat. I don't know. I shoot on private property and most coyote kills are not easily recoverable.

A couple years ago I shot a coyote right at dusk. He was laying in the grass in the shade about 400 yards off. I was waiting for him to go to the dead pit but he just layed in the tall grass and I didn't have much of a shot. It was getting dark and soon I would not be able to see him in my scope so I decided to try a shot. I waited for him to pick up his head so I could get a aiming point and let a .22-250 fly. Nailed the sucker. I must have broken his back because all he could do was raise his head a little and no movvement from his legs or tail at all. I decided to hike down a steep grassy hill and as I got about half way there I saw a bear about the same distance away on the other side of the coyote. I figured the bear could catch me much faster tehn could run back up the hill to my truck so I just turned around and started back up. I had a .44 mag Anaconda with me but I will never go hiking after a kill at dark again... and I will take a BIGGER caliber rifle with me if I do.

todd2968
05-09-2010, 3:53 PM
I was told by a friend he was stopped by game wardens and told to leave coyotes they had mange and could infect. They also offered him more .223 rounds if he kill as many as he could find

novabrian
05-09-2010, 4:12 PM
I was told by a friend he was stopped by game wardens and told to leave coyotes they had mange and could infect. They also offered him more .223 rounds if he kill as many as he could find

Where was this?

CSACANNONEER
05-09-2010, 4:17 PM
Nurse them back to health and then milk them. Have you seen the price of coyote urine lately?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=coyote+urine&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2975586059&ref=pd_sl_3hb40ywyuu_b

todd2968
05-09-2010, 7:46 PM
It was in San Diego by the boarder

CSACANNONEER
05-09-2010, 7:49 PM
It was in San Diego by the boarder

"Coyotes" at the boarder? LMFAO!

Rusty413
05-10-2010, 3:17 AM
^^ LOL ^^

Thats cool about the coyote pee deer repellent. Interestingly enough my sis was just tellin me earlier about how she's getting some rabbit pee for her yard/garden cus it keeps the gophers away. I suggested that playing whack-a-mole on her front porch with a pellet gun would be more fun considering how much disdain she has for the little guys. Not to mention the amount of redneck awesomeness points you'd accumulate Lol

Abesnake
05-17-2010, 9:26 AM

======================================
Hay PCH does that mean you're going to make good on the cash I sent you for some of that Jerky???

Big Jake
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM

======================================
Hay PCH does that mean you're going to make good on the cash I sent you for some of that Jerky???

Smoking coyotes is like smoking the ganjai! :eek:

professionalcoyotehunter
05-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I wish.

smoking it is not the same as jerky. we made tacos out of it and it was decent. I had it with the neighbors and they could not believe they were eating dog.

halon101
05-17-2010, 7:26 PM
you should never eat a coyote, they carry giardia. and you can catch it from the meat. they are only goot for pelts, and those are only good in the winter.
on the other hand in south korea i had dog in a restaurant

kegogi