PDA

View Full Version : Doonesbury comic about Starbucks open carry

Durasteel
05-02-2010, 11:58 PM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2010/db100502.gif

Saw this in the Mercury News...

So, does anyone have audio or video where Assemblyman Tom Ammiano says pretty much what the open-carrier is saying? Specifically that open carriers must be compensating for something?

I'd love to email that to Mr. Trudeau and see how he reacts. I've never heard a gunnie make fun of someone else for choosing not to own or carry a gun. We respect people's choices, and we want people to respect our choices.

Thrasher416
05-03-2010, 12:25 AM
So Mr. Trudeau is still doing comics on open carry? He must either be low on ideas or really scared of guns. I highly doubt that he has even seen open carrier's before judging by how they are depicted in the strip.

What irritates me is the droopy-eyed chick in the comic strip. I know many people around here that would easily fill her shoes. :mad:

I really need to get out of this state.:(

KING_PALM
05-03-2010, 12:34 AM
so the broad in the comic looks like every slop jock hipster from costa mesa to S.F. GROSS!!

SixPointEight
05-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Not the first time he's done it. He's been taking stabs at starbuck's and the UOC'ers for a couple months now.

Merc1138
05-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I thought comic strips were supposed to be funny...

Bleh, all this guy does is draw the same 4 characters over and over(yet they're all different?) and throw in some random text that somehow relates to a topic in the media.

warbird
05-03-2010, 12:46 AM
He has always been a pacifist and always will be. he is dependent on others for his freedom and he hates them for it because he would not be man enough to stand up for himself. He jokes about what he cannot be himself.

Thrasher416
05-03-2010, 1:11 AM
Also notice how the (vietnam?) vet has issues talking (PTSD of course). :rolleyes:

Zin_dawg
05-03-2010, 8:00 AM
Also notice how the (vietnam?) vet has issues talking (PTSD of course). :rolleyes:

Nope: That cartoon (Toggle) character was injured by an IED in Iraq. The story is that he has aphasia, and lost an eye.

The older vet (BD) was 'nam , and Toggle's CO in Iraq. (Opps, that is not in Sunday's cartoon).

Watching Doonesbury can be a line on what was being talked about at cocktail parties in NYC, about 6 weeks ago. (I knew that the Dianne Feinstein/Huffington senate race was a nationwide liberal cause when I read about issues in Doonesbury, not the coverage in a California newspaper).

zinfull
05-03-2010, 9:11 AM
Of course toggle got hurt because he was listening to his IPod and did not hear the orders to stop. This cause the unit to get hit.

jerry

viras
05-03-2010, 9:28 AM
I saw this one in the Sunday paper and had mixed feelings about it...

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1561/imgsrvgocomicscomo.gif

Glock22Fan
05-03-2010, 10:53 AM
At least he admits that we have a rignt to be morons about guns! :rolleyes:

Big Jake
05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Funny!

Havoc70
05-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I saw this one in the Sunday paper and had mixed feelings about it...

Did you not even see the very first comic posted on this thread?

oldrifle
05-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Abrasive, mannish looking female dominating a wussed out, passive male... yep, Trudeau got that part right.

Marxman
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Contact information for this guy? Went to his website to find it, almost threw up. Comic my ***, this (and form what I can tell his other work) is straight bullsh*t.

kellito
05-03-2010, 11:46 AM
quick reading doonesbury ten years ago, when I realized there was no chance of it ever being funny.

Ed_in_Sac
05-03-2010, 11:55 AM
My take on the strip is that he feels the need to point out that gun owners are insensitive morons who make poor choices. And that the right choices are formulated only between the ears of Mr. Trudeau. It's reassuring that he knows all. Am sure he has the answers to, well to "Life the Universe and Everything." :-)

gunsmith
05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I was a big fan in the 70's, and have followed his progress he went from funny to bitter "progressive" thug a long time ago. He is no different then that ( fired ) geico thug who hates special needs people & free thinkers.

anyway, not 2A related, Trudeau is a "cartoon tiger" ( paper tiger reference for the kids, paper tiger was what Red China used to call USA ) Trudeau is a "cartoon tiger" & a cartoon thug. probably bitter that his strip is obsolete.

Glock22Fan
05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Frankly, I have read this strip from time to time over the years, and always wondered why anyone found it amusing.

viras
05-03-2010, 5:26 PM
Did you not even see the very first comic posted on this thread?

It wasn't visible to me when I posted... but it is now... weird... :confused:

neuron
05-03-2010, 9:06 PM
Nice how Mr. Trudeau incorporates a sympathetic fictitious wounded Vet to make his anti-SA point. As if he really gave a crap about what what our soldiers think about the SA. Isn't Mr. Trudeau a Canadian? Has he ever borne arms in service to his country, or even fired a rifle or BB gun? He's entitled to his opinion, of course...and he has that right because soldiers have put their lives on the line to defend his rights. :43: