PDA

View Full Version : Jacumba BLM info

JOSHSM1TTY
05-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I went out to Jacumba saturday and was approached by a border patrol officer who informed me that there may be a possible reduction in size of the BLM shooting area and citation from the BLM due to complaints from SDG&E about people shooting at the power line towers. Just a heads up. Most of us reading this are most likely not idiots but just pass it on to anyone you know who isn't a member of this forum not to do stupid stuff out there. It would suck if we lost this area.

mswanson223
05-02-2010, 10:51 PM
go figure dumbys shooting at sdge towers

sd_shooter
05-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Went to Jacumba/Carrizo/InKoPah today and there were fresh "No Trespassing", "No Shooting" signs in the east shooting area by the rocky hills & border fence. I guess that whole area is off limits now. :(

Mr. Plinkers
05-03-2010, 6:38 AM
I went out there Saturday and saw all the new "No Shooting" and "No Trespassing" signs. Talked to the Border Patrol and he said BLM closed everything down. He also said Border Patrol doesn't regulate the area but if BLM comes along its a $500 minimum ticket.

I'm very disappointed.

corrupt
05-03-2010, 9:47 AM
I have not been down there but always heard that you had to drive in a roundabout way in order to get around private property to the border shooting area. Is there still a way to get there in a car (non 4x4) or what?

CJN8
05-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I was there saturday too. Signs posted everywhere "no shooting" "private property"...terrible

Rooftop Voter
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
crap!

MG34
05-03-2010, 3:19 PM
Its to bad theres hardly any place left in San Diego County to shoot. In years past we use to shoot off Pomerado Rd, a small pond that was about 1 mile north of Lake Miramar, good place for hunting rabbits or just target shooting. At the end of Black Mountain Rd. In Santee out past the end of Stratmore Dr. 4 Corners south of Ramona. Boulder Creek Rd, below Cuyamaca Peak, Any place that we would camp you could hunt or target shoot, Horsethief Rd, Mt. Laguna off of Sheephead Rd, Stokes Valley, McCain Valley, Davies Valley to name a few. Fortunatly I have to 2 friends that have over 200 acre ranches that I can go out and shoot on.

zoid52
05-03-2010, 3:30 PM
People need to be secretive about any outdoor shooting areas that exist in the backcountry. Luckily the place Im moving to next year in Idaho I can shoot in my backyard and not have to worry about idiots trashing the place up.

dirtyoperator
05-30-2010, 9:39 AM
I hadn't heard about this, so I went out to Jacumba yesterday thinking I was going to do some shooting. Border Patrol said that they wont be enforcing any of the no trespassing/no shooting areas except for Airport Mesa on the west side of the valley. I was told that BLM has not had a presence out there yet. Even though there were plenty of people shooting out there, I just wasn't comfortable with the situation. Drove home. Besides Orosco Ridge in Ramona, Where else is left to shoot?

DuneShoot
05-30-2010, 9:54 AM
Hate to see this :(

B.D.Dubloon
05-31-2010, 4:39 AM
I thought it was closed down a couple years ago, I used to shoot there whenI went to SDSU.

-hanko
05-31-2010, 11:41 AM
People need to be secretive about any outdoor shooting areas that exist in the backcountry. Luckily the place Im moving to next year in Idaho I can shoot in my backyard and not have to worry about idiots trashing the place up.
I do the same thing.

Welcome to ID;)

-hanko

porrpk
06-10-2010, 12:34 AM
went out to jacumba/carrizo creek area to shoot today. We did see one no shooting sign posted, closer to carrizo creek road, but the are we normally go to shoot (past the 37.5 marker) was still open, no signs posted, and there were a couple other groups shooting. Border patrol cruised past us a couple times and were definitely aware of what we were doing, but did not stop.

SoCalCitizen
06-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Good news. Last I heard a couple months back was that BLM closed it all up with signage but Border Patrol would not mess with shooters there.

Devilinbp
06-10-2010, 2:07 PM
It has been around 6 months since i went shooting out there, but there were no problems then. A friend of mine goes often and told me some areas were closed, but others were still open. I have never seen the Border Patrol give anyone a problem....but then again i don't go shooting with asshats. ;)

Beagle
07-03-2010, 2:09 PM
Yeah one of the BPA on this forum said he heard it was closed. I'm not going to break no law and get fine it's not worth it for me.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy some property out east to have a private shooting area.

fast318
07-05-2010, 8:51 PM
Has my worst nightmare actually come true? I want to drive out there to see if my spot is actually closed but don't have the time to drive out just to look.

PsychGuy274
07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I was just about to the shooting spot (the one you enter around the 37.5 marker) and I saw BP driving in the opposite direction. He stopped next to my car and asked what we were doing and I told him that we were goin' to shoot for a while. He said that we weren't allowed to because BLM was getting pissy about shooters up there. Then he said that he didn't care and wouldn't enforce it anyways.

Funniest part was that he said that he hadn't seen BLM all day and if he did he'd come and tell us so we could leave before we got cited. I've never had any problems with BP. I love those guys.

tackdriver
08-16-2010, 3:18 PM
Guys, just so you know the property east of airport mesa (the area the border boobs built that useless road and shut down the area to shooting) is owned by Sempra Energy and is therefore private property. Your concerns about BLM or the Border B's citing you for being in this area are unfounded. Now, whether the sheriffs dept will cite you for trespassing is another matter
As a reminder, the bp has no jurisdiction to tell you were you can, or cant shoot. UNLESS, of course, they have something going on in the area, then it becomes a safety issue at that time.

The latest internet rumor as of last week is that these posted signs were down. Can anyone confirm?

PsychGuy274
08-17-2010, 6:13 AM
The latest internet rumor as of last week is that these posted signs were down. Can anyone confirm?

Why don't we organize a shoot down there and we can all confirm it?! :D

Nick1236
08-17-2010, 9:04 AM
Why don't we organize a shoot down there and we can all confirm it?! :D

I like that idea.

stormy_clothing
08-17-2010, 10:36 AM
I would ask see see the new legal ruling that reduced the blm size and proof people had been shooting at the power lines and if I didn't like how fast it took him to lie lie lie I would sue sue sue.

tackdriver
08-17-2010, 2:21 PM
Problem with a group meet is...IF the area is still closed, where do we go from there? Course Im always up for throwing some money away at the Golden Acorn.
I am pretty sure the "area closed because someone is shooting at the towers" is just one of those rumors that get spread around. I know SDGE is building some sort of a sub station in the area but I havent a clue as to what that involves. exact location/ size etc.

The area immediatly below the power lines has always been posted no tresspassing for as long as I can remember. That of course has never stopped anyone from shooting there.

Remember, it is only a rumor I heard from the SDShooters web site that I heard the signs were down. (I assume cut down)

On a side note, does anyone know any legal type person who can give an opinion on whether a public easement has been established for this area? It has been in public use for at least the last 40 years that I know of..

Nick1236
08-17-2010, 2:40 PM
Problem with a group meet is...IF the area is still closed, where do we go from there? Course Im always up for throwing some money away at the Golden Acorn.
I am pretty sure the "area closed because someone is shooting at the towers" is just one of those rumors that get spread around. I know SDGE is building some sort of a sub station in the area but I havent a clue as to what that involves. exact location/ size etc.

The area immediatly below the power lines has always been posted no tresspassing for as long as I can remember. That of course has never stopped anyone from shooting there.

Remember, it is only a rumor I heard from the SDShooters web site that I heard the signs were down. (I assume cut down)

On a side note, does anyone know any legal type person who can give an opinion on whether a public easement has been established for this area? It has been in public use for at least the last 40 years that I know of..

If we get enough interest and in the event that the location is shut down, we can always drive the extra 30 mins to my spot which is at the bottom of the mountain near calexico. Whoever goes will need a truck/vehicle with good ground clearence, car will not make it to my spot. Its pretty secluded and still open as of 2 months ago.

tackdriver
08-17-2010, 4:24 PM
Can anyone (everyone) make it on a weekday? Or are you all those working people I've read so much about?

PsychGuy274
08-17-2010, 4:58 PM
Can anyone (everyone) make it on a weekday? Or are you all those working people I've read so much about?

If I know a head of time I can request a day off or have someone cover a shift for me.

Nick1236
08-17-2010, 5:31 PM

weekends work best for me, hard working man here. Saturday/Sunday doesnt matter to me.

rugershooter
08-17-2010, 9:13 PM
I hadn't heard about this, so I went out to Jacumba yesterday thinking I was going to do some shooting. Border Patrol said that they wont be enforcing any of the no trespassing/no shooting areas except for Airport Mesa on the west side of the valley. I was told that BLM has not had a presence out there yet. Even though there were plenty of people shooting out there, I just wasn't comfortable with the situation. Drove home. Besides Orosco Ridge in Ramona, Where else is left to shoot?

Smith Canyon down by the Shockey Truck Trail is a good place.

Henry Shooter
08-17-2010, 9:37 PM
I was out that way earlier this year. Place was a S#% hole. I have to support the closing down of BLM land when the place gets as trashed as that was. I understand everyone one cleans thier trash up and its the other guys trash that stays there, well stewardship goes beyond just you and your trash.

tackdriver
08-18-2010, 11:22 AM
]rugers [/B]Have you been to Smith canyon lately? ANOTHER internet rumor is that this area has been closed. Supposedly taken over by the county as an "environmental sensitive" area??? Ya gotta love rumors..

HenryS Which area did you go to SMith or Jacumba?

Phsyc1 Do you think there'll be much of a crowd at your calexico spot on weekends? That would be the only reservation I'd have. Go all that way and be shut out.

I dont mind putting out the word about a get together. I'll even supply the hot dogs, drinks and targets if you guys would like! Only thing is, it probably shouldnt happen until it cools down a little out there. My lily white butt cant handle too much heat....

Nick1236
08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Phsyc1 Nick1236 Do you think there'll be much of a crowd at your calexico spot on weekends? That would be the only reservation I'd have. Go all that way and be shut out.

I dont mind putting out the word about a get together. I'll even supply the hot dogs, drinks and targets if you guys would like! Only thing is, it probably shouldnt happen until it cools down a little out there. My lily white butt cant handle too much heat....

No my spot is pretty secluded and not many people know about it. But is can only support about 8-10 shooters as far as space is concerned for safety reasons. There is enough room to set up 2 small ranges and also room for skeet. Plenty of parking space and relaxing area. But like I said, you need a vehicle with good ground clearence. Waiting for the heat wave to clear is a good idea as it gets cooking out there Its located in a canyon and the heat just feels amplified.

rugershooter
08-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I've been down do Smith Canyon about 3 months ago, so if anything has changed, it would've been in the last three months. Everytime I got out, it's really clean. Thankfully, people don't trash that area like Jacumba. I'll have to ask some of my Border Patrol buddies sometime.

corrupt
08-18-2010, 11:58 AM
I was out that way earlier this year. Place was a S#% hole. I have to support the closing down of BLM land when the place gets as trashed as that was. I understand everyone one cleans thier trash up and its the other guys trash that stays there, well stewardship goes beyond just you and your trash.

Leave the place looking better than you found it, amen.

PsychGuy274
08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Leave the place looking better than you found it, amen.

Last time I was down there, there was two guys shooting. We parked next to them and started to unload some equipment. I looked over and gave a friendly wave and said, "How's it goin'?"

They looked at me, didn't say a word and kept shooting. I thought in my head, "Well, f*** you too, buddy."

So we shot for a while and then they packed up their stuff and were getting in their truck to leave. They left a bunch of rfuit they were shooting at and all of there brass and shells.

I waved my hand to get their attention and when I got it, I asked, "You gonna pick up your trash or just leave it there?"

Again, they looked, didn't say anything and just left. I ended up picking up their stuff.

Some people...

Nick1236
08-18-2010, 1:17 PM
Last time I was down there, there was two guys shooting. We parked next to them and started to unload some equipment. I looked over and gave a friendly wave and said, "How's it goin'?"

They looked at me, didn't say a word and kept shooting. I thought in my head, "Well, f*** you too, buddy."

So we shot for a while and then they packed up their stuff and were getting in their truck to leave. They left a bunch of rfuit they were shooting at and all of there brass and shells.

I waved my hand to get their attention and when I got it, I asked, "You gonna pick up your trash or just leave it there?"

Again, they looked, didn't say anything and just left. I ended up picking up their stuff.

Some people...

Those are the poeple that ruin it for the rest of us. Shoulda wrote down their license plate and reported them for litering.

PsychGuy274
08-18-2010, 1:35 PM
Those are the poeple that ruin it for the rest of us. Shoulda wrote down their license plate and reported them for litering.

I would've just been wasting LEOs time by doing that. They'd have to actually see them in order to issue citations.

Nick1236
08-18-2010, 1:50 PM
I would've just been wasting LEOs time by doing that. They'd have to actually see them in order to issue citations.

Well we still could have posted the plate numbers on the wall of shame.

PsychGuy274
08-18-2010, 2:15 PM
Well we still could have posted the plate numbers on the wall of shame.

Haha, very true.

Noted for future reference.

tackdriver
08-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey Nick. Since you're the one who knows the spot to go it'll be up to you to pick the get together date when you can make it.. We'll talk the details once its set. Probably all meet at the Texaco station there in Ocatillio (sp)???

Nick1236
08-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey Nick. Since you're the one who knows the spot to go it'll be up to you to pick the get together date when you can make it.. We'll talk the details once its set. Probably all meet at the Texaco station there in Ocatillio (sp)???

If you wanna just make it another super secret imperial valley shoot and skip jacumba just say the word. I've hosted 2 already and they have both been successful. I know two other CGers that would possibly go, they went to the last two trips.

Also, I would like to ask if anyone would be willing to let me carpool with them. I no longer have my truck I used drive out there with, and my current vehicle definatly wont make it. I'm not bringing the whole arsenal, 2 handguns and 3 rifles + ammo, a box of targets and maybe a cooler. I dont take up much room.

The trip would have to take place around mid-late september or early october. The heat should have subsided some and I will be done moving and have settled down by then. The texaco station makes a great meeting place and is located here (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.730956,-115.994564&num=1&t=h&sll=32.737548,-114.963301&sspn=0.150233,0.256119&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=32.731372,-115.994403&spn=0.006182,0.007639&z=17). The location is about 3-5 miles from there. If we get enough interest I'll start putting it together.

zoid52
08-19-2010, 4:16 PM
I know of at least 10 spots in Imperial Co but sorry to say I cannot let that info become public knowledge due to IDIOTS trashing great shooting spots. I am not saying CGuns people are pigs but I have seen pristine spots become sh#tholes in less than 6 months. Sad but true.

Nick1236
08-19-2010, 8:48 PM
I know of at least 10 spots in Imperial Co but sorry to say I cannot let that info become public knowledge due to IDIOTS trashing great shooting spots. I am not saying CGuns people are pigs but I have seen pristine spots become sh#tholes in less than 6 months. Sad but true.

Hey bro, we really don't care about your 10 spots. We'll go have fun at another. Hey, maybe we know the same location and maybe we'll see you there. If not, go have fun by yourself.

whipkiller
08-19-2010, 9:37 PM

I know of at least twenty spots where strippers reload your mags for you, and cheerleaders score your targets for you while Hooters girls bring you cold drinks.

Sadly, I can't tell you where.

wvetter
08-22-2010, 10:44 PM
I've been north of Ocotillo to Shell Canyon to look for fossils and rocks with friends and found a lot of brass in the canyons. Is it legal to shoot there?

tackdriver
08-23-2010, 2:55 PM
I've been north of Ocotillo to Shell Canyon to look for fossils and rocks with friends and found a lot of brass in the canyons. Is it legal to shoot there?

Hey, maybe it was brass from the Jurassic period???

I looked at my BLM maps but couldnt find a Shell canyon.. Can you give more info as to it's location..... cross streets, yadda yadda

wvetter
08-23-2010, 7:52 PM
If you punch "Shell Canyon Road, Ocotillo, CA" into Google Maps you should be able to spot it.

Coordinates are roughly: 32.781231,-116.015646 (can be put into Google Maps as well)

It might also be listed as Fossil Canyon, I am not sure. I didn't see any signage posted saying it was BLM land or not, but I wasn't really looking for it. I think they do some mining stuff up there too, not sure if that would legally prevent people from shooting there or not.

tackdriver
08-29-2010, 6:35 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I'd forgotten which thread you were in.....,stupid old age....
anyway, according to my BLM map fossil canyon is BLM land

Nick1236
08-29-2010, 6:40 PM
According to those cords, it is BLM land. Your good to go.

wvetter
08-29-2010, 6:49 PM
thanks guys, I went out there friday morning. I followed Shell Canyon Road until it ended at a big circular clearing. It looked like there was some mining stuff going on so I ended up going back on the road a bit, to another turnoff where there were atv tracks and casings everywhere; we found a spot and started shooting. Nobody said anything to us and we could hear other people shooting. We would also occasionally see some big dump-truck-esque cars coming in and out of the mine area, so I assume they are doing some kind of mining up there.

sunborder
09-02-2010, 8:04 PM
Does anyone have coordinates or good directions for the actual shooting area in Smith Canyon? A little closer to my place, and hopefully less dangerous, littering, drunk idiots, if it's a for sure spot. Carizo Creek just hasn't been the same since they shut down the west side of the valley. We ALWAYS pack out more trash than we bring in with us, so letting me in on the spot would have the net effect of helping to clean it up.

slappomatt
09-28-2010, 8:25 PM
What a shame...

I know that the Cleavland national Forrest closes down orrosco ridge when it doesn't rain and then again when it does rain... so currently my only option to shoot rifles other than going to the often crowded and odd hours of P2k was out at Jacumba now it sounds like thats out too. why do I live here again?

ETA does anyone know if the otay mountain blm area is ok to shoot on? I talked to BP before there and they told me you can hunt but not target shoot. sounds odd to me.

Single Six
12-06-2010, 5:15 PM
The entire Jacumba area is closed to shooting due to the SDGE project and BLM not wanting all the trash, it's a huge mess out there and needs to be cleaned up, it makes me ashamed to be a shooter. Last time I was out there someone had started a fire while shooting, steelcore ammo spark or something...big trouble I guess.

North of the freeway is closed to shooting too.

If you want to go a little farther (down the mountains into the heat in summer) in Imperial Valley/County PM me, there's places to go, I just don't want to post them on a public board for the losers to find...there are a LOT of them out there...

Hunt
12-06-2010, 6:58 PM
can anyone say Sunrise Power Link here has been a lot of people opposed to the new powerline so it's all probably the result of SDGE putting pressure on BLM. Do you guys realize how much land we will lose because of that?

PsychGuy274
12-06-2010, 7:04 PM
The entire Jacumba area is closed to shooting due to the SDGE project and BLM not wanting all the trash, it's a huge mess out there and needs to be cleaned up, it makes me ashamed to be a shooter. Last time I was out there someone had started a fire while shooting, steelcore ammo spark or something...big trouble I guess.

North of the freeway is closed to shooting too.

If you want to go a little farther (down the mountains into the heat in summer) in Imperial Valley/County PM me, there's places to go, I just don't want to post them on a public board for the losers to find...there are a LOT of them out there...

I've been out there a bunch of time and you're right, it's an absolute s**t-hole now. I always take a few extra trash bags and tell my buddies that they have to fill up one each before we leave. But honestly it makes no difference because it's so dirty.

Single Six
12-06-2010, 7:19 PM
Check this out. Links to maps I think. Basically, lots of places to shoot out here, just too hot in summer, winter gotta watch out for offroaders.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/prog/recreation/hunting.html

DirtNapKing
12-07-2010, 8:53 AM
If you punch "Shell Canyon Road, Ocotillo, CA" into Google Maps you should be able to spot it.

Coordinates are roughly: 32.781231,-116.015646 (can be put into Google Maps as well)

It might also be listed as Fossil Canyon, I am not sure. I didn't see any signage posted saying it was BLM land or not, but I wasn't really looking for it. I think they do some mining stuff up there too, not sure if that would legally prevent people from shooting there or not.I think the way it breaks down if there is active mining with stored explosives on site there is a 2 mile radius non shooting buffer. I think it's a Cal. OSHA regulation.

tackdriver
12-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Josh, just a reminder to all that the area east of Airport Mesa (area now closed because of the Border boobs) is private land owned by SDGE. The BLM has no authority there. It would be a matter for the sheriff if a complaint was filed. Last I heard though there were "No shooting, trespassing" signs there... Have they been....removed?

Bo0tyBandit
01-11-2011, 12:39 AM
They recently closed Orozco Ridge in Ramona cause some kid caught a ricochet in the neck, probably from shooting at boulders. I need a new spot anyone know if El Centro is still open for shooting?

Single Six
01-11-2011, 7:29 AM
Yes, once you get down the mountains there's lots of BLM land for shooting. You just gotta watch out for offroaders.

Nick1236
01-11-2011, 8:53 AM
I go shooting out in el centro / plaster city area all the time. Never been hassled. Just clean up what you bring in plus some and watch out for the off roaders.

Sopholis
04-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Went out to Plaster City area last Thursday morning, desert was quiet, and had a great time. Took a few 1 gallon and 1/2 gallon and pint size plastic milk and juice bottles. Filled them with water before we left, they make great targets and cleanup is really easy. Only thing left is the lead in the hill and the footprints on the ground. There would be a lot more places to shoot if everyone cleaned up after themselves that is for sure. I would like to note that this is the second time I have gone in the middle of the week, and saw maybe 2 vehicles pass by where we were. Sure it is a little farther to go, but if you are teaching someone the basics of gun safety and shooting without interruption or being bothered by people passing by on ORV's and want to have a really good time, the middle of the week is the way to go. And since we are coming into the hottest time of the year I find 7:00 to 10:00 am is the prime time.

Single Six
04-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Pretty soon, you're going to want to be set up and ready to shoot at sunrise and out of there in an hour or two...and it'll still be hot.

Single Six
04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
...and you won't have to worry about offroaders. They're about done already anyway.

Sopholis
04-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Well Single Six you got that right I was out there last year in late July and at 6am it was 96 degrees, once the sun came up talk about instant toast! And when you lay a couple blued revolvers out on the table in the sun, those barrels get hotter than if you ran 100 rounds thru them in 5 minutes. But it is worth it to not be bothered by anyone.

Justintoxicated
04-05-2011, 4:30 PM
I hate SDGE, No one wanted them to build that Power link and they did it anyways...

PsychGuy274
04-05-2011, 5:19 PM
I hate SDGE, No one wanted them to build that Power link and they did it anyways...

So does the BP agent that contacted me :D

I told him that I hate how SDG&E rapes me on my bills and now they're stealing my shooting spots," and he said, "Dude, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! I've been shooting here since I was six!"

He was cool.

gfourth
04-05-2011, 5:22 PM
And its all about "carbon credits"... such a waste, we don't need that electricty

DSA_FAL
04-05-2011, 5:50 PM
Guys, do not post locations of shooting areas here. Tell others by word of mouth or PM. You guys can write off shell canyon because you posted where it is. Dumbasses will ruin it shortly.

I'm taking my new shooting spot near Hemet to the grave. It's pristine because few know about it, and I intend on keeping it that way. There are too many *** holes in this world who will ruin it for everyone else. If you don't believe me, see Orosco Ridge and Jacumba as examples.

zoid52
04-05-2011, 6:56 PM
Guys, do not post locations of shooting areas here. Tell others by word of mouth or PM. You guys can write off shell canyon because you posted where it is. Dumbasses will ruin it shortly.

I'm taking my new shooting spot near Hemet to the grave. It's pristine because few know about it, and I intend on keeping it that way. There are too many *** holes in this world who will ruin it for everyone else. If you don't believe me, see Orosco Ridge and Jacumba as examples.

These are" GOD'S "words.

Maximusmax51
04-05-2011, 7:06 PM

Exactly! There is a reason those types of spots are not trashed and destroyed yet. Lets keep any shooting spots off the map off this site... IMO

sunborder
06-20-2011, 9:58 PM
Background: I'm part of a small group of shooters (Me, brother, & childhood friend) & reloaders looking for a place to shoot 100 to 200 yards (need to zero some rifles and test loads) that is accessible by a toyota corolla or similar vehicle. It would be a bonus if it wasn't full of dangerous idiots who cook off rounds while you are downrange changing targets.

We bring extra trashbags to pack out other people's trash in addition to our own. I've been a CG for years. We've been shooting at Jacumba almost as long, and I can't even guess how many bags of trash we've packed out of there.

If anyone is willing to share such a spot, please PM me, and we'll make sure to keep it to ourselves, and help pack out any trash. In fact, areas that are already trashed would be ideal, in that we could help with cleanup.

Preferably in East or Northeast SD county.

TWIX
06-26-2011, 2:42 PM
Background: I'm part of a small group of shooters (Me, brother, & childhood friend) & reloaders looking for a place to shoot 100 to 200 yards (need to zero some rifles and test loads) that is accessible by a toyota corolla or similar vehicle. It would be a bonus if it wasn't full of dangerous idiots who cook off rounds while you are downrange changing targets.

We bring extra trashbags to pack out other people's trash in addition to our own. I've been a CG for years. We've been shooting at Jacumba almost as long, and I can't even guess how many bags of trash we've packed out of there.

If anyone is willing to share such a spot, please PM me, and we'll make sure to keep it to ourselves, and help pack out any trash. In fact, areas that are already trashed would be ideal, in that we could help with cleanup.

Preferably in East or Northeast SD county.

i too am very conscious about what i am doing, and clean up after myself, i will be in sd for the 4th of july weekend and was wondering if any of you nice people would be able to pm with some info to point me in the right direction?