PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gun at 10 day pickup, F2F OK?

winnre
05-02-2010, 7:54 PM
I was told by my FFL that when I go to get my rifle I can get another rifle the same day, so long as I do not walk out the door with the first one. It'll all count on the current background.

So, if I want a private party rifle, can I do a F2F and get the rifle the same day too?

ke6guj
05-02-2010, 8:25 PM
I was told by my FFL that when I go to get my rifle I can get another rifle the same day, so long as I do not walk out the door with the first one. It'll all count on the current background. basic answer, it depends on the FFL. Some will, some won't. That question has generated multi-page threads debating the term of "a single sale" and other terms.

So, if I want a private party rifle, can I do a F2F and get the rifle the same day too?
even if your FFL would let you add rifles to an existing DROS/4473, a PPT DROS is done in a different way and I think it would start a new 10-day wait for that rifle.

winnre
05-02-2010, 8:34 PM
My FFL will let me add a rifle the last day, as long as I do not leave the store. Put rifle #1 in the car and I am done. This waiting sucks, but they have to have what I want.

Different paperwork for F2F?

ke6guj
05-02-2010, 8:44 PM
Different paperwork for F2F?Yes, to do a PPT DROS for a F2F transfer, it is different paperwork.