PDA

View Full Version : The Oly arms 10 rd mag.

onley11
03-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I just got one and it is great, it feeds good and instead of being a chopped and pinned 30 rounder, it is done like the 10 round metal pistol mags, crimped in and cut to the crimp. It is JUST like a real 20 rounder and you can't tell it isn't without the mag out of the gun.

It has the green follower and due to the desgin you can yank off the base plate and remove the guts while in the gun if you need to clean, repair, or empty it(in case of a jam).

This thing is pimpy, and functional.

Oh yeah, and it's 14 bucks...

biff
03-04-2006, 1:08 PM
Sounds interesting. Where'd you buy it at? I was planning on getting a Bushmaster from 10percent.

onley11
03-04-2006, 1:13 PM
Ebay, but I checked with
http://www.olyarms.com/pdf/OlympicArms-2006RetailCatalog.pdf
and they carry it, they call it part h12.

There is nothing wrong with the bushy mag, and supporting TPF is a great thing, but I do like being able to dissassmble the mag for maintenance.

Maybe some vendors here can carry these mags?

Jicko
03-04-2006, 2:34 PM
Where to buy?? Their online shop doesn't seem to work....

onley11
03-04-2006, 5:25 PM
sales@olyarms.com

Gnote
03-04-2006, 5:54 PM
Its on page 31 of the PDF link above.

LOW2000
03-04-2006, 6:59 PM
Looks exactly like the ProMags I bought that people were saying were no good just because of the name.

onley11
03-04-2006, 8:16 PM
I don't know that they aren't the same mag, but mine works great, and it is the mag olympic ships with new guns, so I can't imagine they would ship a mag that had issues with the gun. The only issue I have with the mag is it is blued not matte. And that is easy to fix.

The mag just works, and it acts just like a regular mag for dissassembly.

You can get wolff springs, whatever follower you want, even stick on a pimpy baseplate. (ranger plate,etc...)

And with the screw cover mag pinning method, the whole thing looks clean and professional. When I coat the mag with matte finish, I'll post a pic.

Looks exactly like the ProMags I bought that people were saying were no good just because of the name.
BTW Are the promags working out for you? At midway the review said they were tight in the mag well but the oly I have is normal.