PDA

View Full Version : Santa Clara County Sheriffs race and CCW

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 4:08 PM
My name is Martin Monica. I am one of the three candidates for sheriff. I have reviewed and have a concern on the issuing of CCWs in Santa Clara. It is my understanding that the current Sheriff, Laurie Smiths requires at least $25, 000 to obtain one. This is an outrage and will be changed when I win. I look forward to a great discussion here and support.

Martin Monica
Make sure you watch the US supreme court case of MacDonald v.Chicago.

cyrus
05-02-2010, 4:15 PM
What no more bribing? This goes against everthing Kalifornia stands for.

bwiese
05-02-2010, 4:16 PM
Martin,

I suggest you talk to "Billy Jack" (Preston Guillory, of Guillory v. Gates fame) for more info surrounding Ms. Smith's Carona-like behavior.

I forget all the details, but I believe matters surrounding Ms. Smith's very-low-rate mortgage correlate with CCW issuance.

Contact him
http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/feedback.html

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 4:34 PM
Thank you for the information. i would hope that we the people would investigate this criminal activity by a sheriff. As a law enforcement person, I believe in following the laws and work with our community. If elected the CCW process SHALL be changed

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 4:40 PM
I believe in what is right. If the cost is for background and other checks it should be no more then 300, but that is by the state. But for 25K, to me that is a slap in the face.
I will not do that, but the question is where is this money going?

bulgron
05-02-2010, 5:08 PM
I believe in what is right. If the cost is for background and other checks it should be no more then 300, but that is by the state. But for 25K, to me that is a slap in the face.
I will not do that, but the question is where is this money going?

The actual cost for a CCW via the SCCSO is $500. This is set by the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors. However, apparently you don't get to spend the $500 until you've kicked in around $25,000 to certain organizations/charities/programs. Exactly which organizations/charities/programs are used to move this money is not something I have a great deal of visibility with, so there's no point in my elaborating on that further.

I'm pretty sure that before the end of this year, how all of this works is going to become public knowledge.

At this time, I have no hopes for CCW reform in Santa Clara County, unless reform is forced on the county via the federal courts. I mean, you can write out here and tell us that you'll reform the system, and I applaud you for doing that, but that ignores the very powerful and wealthy people in this county who like the system just fine the way it is. Even if you won the election, I'm utterly convinced that the pressure you would receive from those "people behind the throne" would be too strong for you to resist, and nothing in this county would subsequently change.

All of that said, you just got my vote. What the hell, no way can I vote for Smith so it might as well be you. At least you're willing to make the right noises on this subject.

bruceflinch
05-02-2010, 5:13 PM
Good Luck on your race!

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 5:26 PM
Thanks for the post. Laurie Smith has never been on the street and has never been involved in violent activity, she has never arrested a gang member or a child molester. What else has she not done. To lead you need to have been in the trenches. I lost a number of friends in law enforcement and I lost my nephew in Iraqi. Laurie Smith put her initials and DOB on the sheriff helicopter, in San Jose they put a fallen officer name, he gave the ultimate sacrifice, why did she not put a fallen officer on the helo? For 12 years she has done nothing, we need to look at that.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 5:42 PM
I appreciate the information. I hope to work for the people and not the other that do not support the people. I was told that the sheriff has the say in CCWs. My parents brought me up as a proud American and to live by the laws and ethics they instilled in me. I will work like my nephew did , in the face of the enemy he went on even in death. We SHALL overcome tyranny.
Martin

Mud
05-02-2010, 6:26 PM
As a South Bay Resident, I will support you and pray the CCW policy will change. Good Luck.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 6:42 PM
Thank you. I pledge to change it. Just like our forefather.

QuarterBoreGunner
05-02-2010, 6:49 PM
My name is Martin Monica. I am one of the three candidates for sheriff. I have reviewed and have a concern on the issuing of CCWs in Santa Clara. It is my understanding that the current Sheriff, Laurie Smiths requires at least $25, 000 to obtain one. This is an outrage and will be changed when I win. I look forward to a great discussion here and support.

Martin Monica
Make sure you watch the US supreme court case of MacDonald v.Chicago.

Incorrect. It's $380.00 for the DOJ and $$52.00 for the SO's and that's bad enough.

SJCRockChalk
05-02-2010, 7:24 PM
As a South Bay Resident, I will support you and pray the CCW policy will change. Good Luck.

Martin, You have my vote too.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 7:54 PM
I was not sure of the correct fees, but I do know that $25, 000 is wrong and injustice.

Robidouxs
05-02-2010, 8:43 PM
I was not sure of the correct fees, but I do know that $25, 000 is wrong and injustice.

She's not the first one to do this. The dollar amount sounds very familiar to me. When I was living in Illinois it was what Governor Blagojevich required. $25,000 to one of his funds/foundations/groups to have your construction project proposal for the State of Illinois even looked at was the norm. Indeed, people did pay this outrageous amount, it was well know amongst everyone I knew. It was seen as a personal fee cough*corruption*cough for doing business with the State of Illinois.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 8:55 PM
I have to stay that to me this is extortion at a public level. These sheriffs need to be investigated. I worked the streets of San Jose for years, I arrested many criminals, which I know that the current sheriff has not done, but when they take money like this it is criminal. So the sheriff in Santa Clara is abusing the community that she is to take care of. When I take the oath of office as a cop it met something to me, to uphold the law and protect the county from international and domestic criminals. Wow it saddens me that Sheriff Smith can do this and get away with it. This will stop.

QuarterBoreGunner
05-02-2010, 9:01 PM
I see a lot of outrage, but no hard facts. Some one show me something substantive.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 9:02 PM
To help me win the campaign I need donations, just enough to buy yard signs,
any one want to help you can go to my web site
www.martinmonica.com
Best to mail the donation if you can, i lose 7% when using the internet, but if you have to do what it takes.
We will win and change the face of Santa Clara County.

Martin

Barkoff
05-02-2010, 9:22 PM
I see a lot of outrage, but no hard facts. Some one show me something substantive.

No dog in this race since I am living down in San Benito, but this guy sure comes on strong. Does anyone know anything about this gentleman?

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 9:37 PM
I was recently at the GS2ac meeting in San Jose. There will be a forum on May 27th in San Jose. It people in the area would like to meet I am available. You can also call me 408-771-6946. My Dad was in probation and parole. I learned after he died that he was CIA. I come from a family that supports our rights and our community. Plus I have seen things that the current sheriff has not in police work plus I have the leadership and management skills which she does not have. Do we in Santa Clara want 12 more years of her, STAND UP AND VOTE OR DO NOT CRY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS IF THE CURRENT SHERIFF IS RE ELECTED. I said this to the deputies and the correctional officer, who are cowards and afraid of the current sheriff, so they supported her. All I can say is they don't make the cops like they used to. When I went to work at night we worked hard and we were ready to protect our community.
I put in 18 plus years and did a great job. I am tired of the chiefs and sheriffs failure to do what is right. Dang when you are elected, you are there for the people.
STAND UP AND VOTE OR LIVE WITH THE TYRANNY OF LAURIE SMITH IN SANTA CLARA.

Barkoff
05-02-2010, 9:42 PM
You ain't like any cop I have ever known, most of whom are a little more guarded with their opinions.

Who will you be endorsing for governor?

What exactly is the role of MAPA?

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 9:48 PM
I know a friend in MAPA in San Jose. He does not even work with the other chapters because of difference of opinions. But you know politics, I need endorsements. I worked in Parlier as a chief and MAPA , Ben Benevides supported a child molester compared to helping me put him away. So each area is different. But my friend is a an iron worker and American. So i support him in San Jose.

Barkoff
05-02-2010, 9:52 PM
Well my only concern is that here in CA democrats are not a friend to firearm owners and you seem to rub shoulders and have quite a few endorsements from democrats, that would give me pause, I am not seeing many conservatives on your site, however most LEOs I have known are pretty conservative by nature.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 9:58 PM
I have not sought out very many endorsements. I feel that it will be based on community and people I meet. But what I would say that in Santa Clara County the sheriff has never given out CCW with getting money. I on the other hand will do what is right. I believe in the 2nd amendment. When elected I invite you to the county and you will see a difference in what the states does and what we will do. I do not have any aspirations to go on into politics, but I do believe that i need to make a change in my county. As far as endorsements, I believe they do not tell you about the candidate they tell you how well you have kissed ***, so with that you can understand what I am about. To take that a step further look at the current sheriffs list of endorsements that will tell you what she is about. Dam she has never been a real cop,

chuckles48
05-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Well my only concern is that here in CA democrats are not a friend to firearm owners and you seem to rub shoulders and have quite a few endorsements from democrats, that would give me pause, I am not seeing many conservatives on your site, however most LEOs I have known are pretty conservative by nature.

If you're going to get anything done in Santa Clara County these days, you work with Democrats. Hell, look at the entire SJ City Council.

BillCA
05-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Some media research shows this article (http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/264915-two-former-chiefs-take-on-incumbent) in the Morgan Hill paper.

I'll keep an open mind on the candidates - with the exception of Smith. After three terms she can only list a couple of accomplishments? Sorry, I expect more from the Sheriff.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I will work with all people for a common goal. But what you have to understand that the sheriffs position is an elected one, so that they cannot remove me for working with people. I will work to reduce gangs and violence and the community will work with me that will stand up to the other politicians. I have learned in working with the community and gaining their support you can move mountains. I believe like I hope all in here do, if we let people take our rights away and rape our constitution we will lose, but we will not permit this. Like i have told people we have 1 million people in San Jose with 1400 cops, and they are not all on the street, so who will protect all of us? I am tired of the politicians not supporting us.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Smith has lost 30 million dollars on her pert project, the police academy. the other candidate does not work well with politicians, and lets face you have to in an effort to get what we want. The other candidate will follow the law and continue Smiths legacy. He has already stated that he will not permit the issuing of guns to off duty correctional officers do you think he will give CCWs and he does not work toward the 2nd amendment? I would bet that both have no idea on the case of MacDonald vs Chicago.

Turbinator
05-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Martin, first - thanks for coming onto this site to reach out to us. How did you hear about Calguns?

I'm looking at your web site. You certainly have a long and distinguished career as a law enforcement officer. Thank you for serving our communities to help make it safer out there for all of us.

To help our fellow Calgunners see your running statement, I'll paste it here for you:

I am happy to announce that I am running for Santa Clara County Sheriff in 2010. My decision to run is based on my love for public service in the area of law enforcement, teaching young people and my commitment to my community.

With My career in public service, my record in leadership and achievements with various communities, I am the clear choice. I am better qualified with my education, Community involvement, publications in Police Ethics, Community Policing, Domestic Violence and my commitment of 18 years experience in law enforcement.

To win this election in June of 2010 against a field of opponents requires substantial campaign funds and a formidable campaign network. There are many ways in which you can help- making a financial contribution, hosting an event, letting me use your name as a supporter, volunteering for precinct work.

I look forward to your support. Thanks in advance.

I'm curious if you could elaborate more on two things:

1) Your site says "Demand Zero Tolerance for Drugs and Weapons to ensure a safe learning environment for our children" - tell us more about the weapons stance.

2) Exactly how do you plan on overhauling the current CCW system?

Turby

vladbutsky
05-02-2010, 10:27 PM
To help me win the campaign I need donations, just enough to buy yard signs,
any one want to help you can go to my web site
www.martinmonica.com
Best to mail the donation if you can, i lose 7% when using the internet, but if you have to do what it takes.
We will win and change the face of Santa Clara County.

Martin

Martin, did you try to use GUNPAL? It is way less than 7% and it is very easy to setup. PM me if you need any help with setting it up

thatrogue
05-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I suggest a moderator validates the candidates post's here on CG's by phone. As much as I would like change Martin, and feel strongly about the concepts you are speaking to it would be politically wise to sell your leadership quality's and ideas rather than to incite us to hang the current leadership. I applaud your openness and wish you success in changing Santa Clara County.

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm curious if you could elaborate more on two things:

1) Your site says "Demand Zero Tolerance for Drugs and Weapons to ensure a safe learning environment for our children" - tell us more about the weapons stance.

2) Exactly how do you plan on overhauling the current CCW system?

On the zero tolerance i am looking more at weapons such as guns and knife that are brought to hurt students. I think we have to rethink the current system. Go back to what we had as kids. The school and police are to quick to arrest students for minor situations. I am looking at serious situations.
In the CCW in my county, we will make the change to what it should be. I have talked to people that were denied CCW because the sheriff did not like them or they did not give money, this will stop. Does that help

Martinmonica
05-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Jim,
I would love to have a moderator validate me. You are right, but if one does not explain his views how will you know. As far as the current sheriff leadership, if anyone believes that it is good they need to read the blogs on the San Jose mercury and hear what the deputies think. But if this is to much then i will go with what is asked of me. Remember change is hard for some and for others it is a new beginning.

Martin

vladbutsky
05-02-2010, 10:57 PM
In the CCW in my county, we will make the change to what it should be. I have talked to people that were denied CCW because the sheriff did not like them or they did not give money, this will stop. Does that help
Martin, are you saying that self defense will be accepted as a good cause in Santa Clara county if you get elected?

Gray Peterson
05-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Martin,

Thanks for joining up with the forum. I'm glad that more people are joining up.

I strongly second you contacting Billy Jack (of www.californiaconcealedcarry.com) to find out more detail about Sheriff Smith. He may be cagey with his answers because he is actively investigating Smith, but he will tell you what he can tell you, and do not get upset if he can't tell you much.

That being said, I would read here (http://californiaconcealedcarry.com/blog/index.php?title=funny_santa_clara_county_story&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#feedbacks) for some of the funny involving SCSO.

Also, I urge people to not mix up issues like union endorsement. Vote your gun rights first. That means if a Sheriff Monica will issue for personal protection under the 14th amendment (there is federal litigation in process), then Santa Clara County CalGunners should vote for him. I am not sure if this is a Hunter v. Hunt v. Hutchens situation, but it sure as hell sounds like it.

That being said, vlad asked this in his way, but I'll ask in mine:

Mr. Monica, as of this moment the current "may-issue" provisions of California's PC 12050 is currently under challenge in federal court in the case of Sykes v. McGinness (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Sykes_v._McGinness). The original 1923 may-issue law which Sheriff Smith is using was passed to target Latinos and Asians and disallow them the ability to carry firearms (previous to 1923, there was no ban against concealed carry). As you see, Sheriff Smith has been trying to use this for her own fund raising purposes.

Do you agree with this brief (http://ia311041.us.archive.org/1/items/gov.uscourts.caed.191626/gov.uscourts.caed.191626.19.0.pdf) that may-issue is unconstitutional, and will you issue a license to carry firearm under PC12050, as long as they are not prohibited from possessing a firearm, for the good cause of "self defense" or "personal protection", per the 14th amendment of the US constitution?

bulgron
05-02-2010, 11:16 PM

You mean about Sheriff Smith and her CCW issuance policies? Give it time. I believe it's coming.

deldgeetar
05-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Martin you sound like a man not afraid to stand up for his principles. If you will announce officially that you will issue CCW permits to law-abiding citizens with "self defense" being their good cause, you have my full support - and the support of every single San Jose gun owner I can talk to between now and election time.

ColdDeadHands1
05-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Do you agree with this brief that may-issue is unconstitutional, and will you issue a license to carry firearm under PC12050, as long as they are not prohibited from possessing a firearm, for the good cause of "self defense" or "personal protection", per the 14th amendment of the US constitution?

Mr. Monica:
Thank you for reaching out to us Calgunners. I am a law abiding, hard working, father of two who lives in unincorporated Santa Clara County. I wish to apply for and receive a CCW permit for protection of myself and my family. I too would appreciate a reply to the above quoted question.

vladbutsky
05-03-2010, 8:05 AM
Martin you sound like a man not afraid to stand up for his principles. If you will announce officially that you will issue CCW permits to law-abiding citizens with "self defense" being their good cause, you have my full support - and the support of every single San Jose gun owner I can talk to between now and election time.

+1 on that...

BillCA
05-03-2010, 11:09 AM
You mean about Sheriff Smith and her CCW issuance policies? Give it time. I believe it's coming.

If you're talking about a TBJ action against Smith's policies, I'm not sure that'll happen before the election. Even if it is filed the day after a pro-2A Macdonald decision, I suspect the county could delay it sufficiently to avoid its impact in the election.

OTOH... if Mr. Monica gets elected, perhaps it would be better for him to step into office just as the suit is scheduled to be heard, but with a completed draft plan to overhaul the system. This allows the plaintiffs to be heard and a judge to decide if the existing (Smith/may-issue) polices violate our rights, while at the same time agreeing with the court & plaintiffs that changes will be implemented according to a drafted plan. This allows the court ruling to set precedent and allows the county to avoid paying large sums in penalties if the plan is executed.

bulgron
05-03-2010, 12:04 PM
If you're talking about a TBJ action against Smith's policies, I'm not sure that'll happen before the election. Even if it is filed the day after a pro-2A Macdonald decision, I suspect the county could delay it sufficiently to avoid its impact in the election.

OTOH... if Mr. Monica gets elected, perhaps it would be better for him to step into office just as the suit is scheduled to be heard, but with a completed draft plan to overhaul the system. This allows the plaintiffs to be heard and a judge to decide if the existing (Smith/may-issue) polices violate our rights, while at the same time agreeing with the court & plaintiffs that changes will be implemented according to a drafted plan. This allows the court ruling to set precedent and allows the county to avoid paying large sums in penalties if the plan is executed.

I fully expect that the TBJ action will not affect the election.

But it is also my expectation that Sheriff Smith's CCW 4 Sale processes will be fully documented for public perusal by the end of the year. I could be wrong about this, of course. It wouldn't be the first time.

And, as I stated above, I also don't have very high expectations that Mr. Monica can/will change the CCW issuance situation in this county even if he does win the election. The problem for a reformer is the huge anti-gun political establishment in this county. Nothing good will happen for a CCW reformer in this county, politically speaking. There's too much entrenched political power and money out there determined to block wide-spread CCWs. Plus the Republican party in Santa Clara County is insanely lame, not to mention almost as anti-gun as the Democrats. (I believe that Sheriff Smith is actually a Republican, if my memory is working correctly today.)

In any other state, I'd say the fix has to come from the state legislature. But the same problem exists at the state level as exists at the county level.

Therefore, if the issuance in this county is ever to be fixed, it's going to have to come from the Federal court system. And we've all seen how eager they are to move on this issue.

I think the CCW system in this county is eventually going to get fixed. But it's going to be like pulling nails; slow and torturous.

Martinmonica
05-03-2010, 4:01 PM
Gray,
I will get back to your question. I had to get off and prepare for teaching and I have a forum tonight in los gatos. I will be back to answer your question, it will be a little lengthy.

p_shooter
05-03-2010, 4:20 PM
San Jose bases CalGunner(neophyte) here. I just learned about Mr. Martin from this thread. So far, I like what I hear. I already knew I was voting against Sheriff Smith. Been waiting eagerly for the other shoe to drop against her dept.

If I can believe what I hear, looks like I can actually vote FOR someone this election rather then merely against someone.

Martinmonica
05-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Gray,
Sykes, et al. v. McGinness, et al.
Similarities exist between the supremacy clause and the privileges or immunities clause of the 14th amendment. This case is on the right to carry. It is on hold now and waits for the US Supreme Court decision on the MacDonald v. Chicago.
14th Amendment
Section 1.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Article VI clause 2
This constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all Treatise made, or which shall be made under the authority of the united States shall be the supreme law of the land and judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to contrary notwithstanding.
The idea is which rights are fundamental and which are not? One is that fundamental liberties are those implicit in the concept of ordered liberty such that neither liberty nor justice would exist they were sacrificed and those liberties that are deeply rooted in this nation’s history and tradition.
The constitution of the United States is both a symbol and instrument of government.
The liberty we are looking at is that the 2nd amendment and the 14th amendment spell out that states cannot make laws against these amendments.
The above case is whether to have a shall will or may will. I support the shall will and hope to see the case of MacDonald v. Chicago go our way.

Martinmonica
05-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey I was at a community forum in Los Gatos. Sheriff Laurie Smith again canceled.

Martinmonica
05-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Remember that certain individuals are watching. I was sent an anonymous email on the topic. the person with no name or good contact information wanted me to respond to certain ideas. I believe that this email was an attempt to create a problem for me. So we need to be cautious on some areas. i would be more the happy to meet in person in the county.

BayRyder
05-03-2010, 10:23 PM
nvm

vladbutsky
05-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Remember that certain individuals are watching. I was sent an anonymous email on the topic. the person with no name or good contact information wanted me to respond to certain ideas. I believe that this email was an attempt to create a problem for me. So we need to be cautious on some areas. i would be more the happy to meet in person in the county.

Martin, are you planning to hold a public meeting in San Jose area this month so we could ask questions?

Gray Peterson
05-04-2010, 12:33 AM
The above case is whether to have a shall will or may will. I support the shall will and hope to see the case of McDonald v. Chicago go our way.

It's "McDonald" btw. That being said, I am glad you agree with the contentions of the Sykes legal team and will issue for personal protection as every state bordering California does.

Texas Boy
05-04-2010, 1:25 AM
Martin,

If you wanted to hold a meet-n-greet with local (San Jose area) calgunners, I'm sure there are a large number of us who would be happy to meet with you - and from what I've seen so far, the likely outcome of such a meeting would not only be votes, but people who would assist with your campaign.

So how about it? Anyone have a suitable venue?

hollabillz
05-04-2010, 2:30 AM
So is that a yes to issuing to anyone with self defense as their good cause and being a non-prohibited person as good moral character?

If so, where do I sign up to vote? :o (no, really.. :confused:)

Glock22Fan
05-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Team Billy Jack is indeed preparing a case that should blow the lid off Santa Clara SD. The (eighteen month) investigative phase is over, and has revealed some serious misbehavior. Subject to attorney overload, it is expected that we will file sometime after MacDonald is announced.

Obviously, we cannot give details, nor can we speak for federal government, but we believe that the allegations are such that there could be enough grounds for a Federal RICO investigation.

If Martin wishes to contact us, I'm sure Billy Jack will share what he can at this stage. However, our timing and action is based on getting our client a CCW (and that should make it much easier for other applicants) and not political issues such as elections.

Spaceghost
05-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Guys, Martin is the real deal. I had the pleasure of chatting with him this morning in person and he is a stand up guy. All of the Santa Clara county calguns members should vote for him and seriously consider contributing to his campaign. Here is a link to campaign website to learn more:

http://www.martinmonica.com/Martin_Monica_For_Sheriff/Welcome.html

Barkoff
05-04-2010, 3:38 PM
Guys, Martin is the real deal. I had the pleasure of chatting with him this morning in person and he is a stand up guy. All of the Santa Clara county calguns members should vote for him and seriously consider contributing to his campaign. Here is a link to campaign website to learn more:

http://www.martinmonica.com/Martin_Monica_For_Sheriff/Welcome.html

But did he pick up the check?

Martinmonica
05-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I hope that all people that want a change will support me in voting and telling people and any donation. We will win.

Martinmonica
05-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master! -Thomas Jefferson

Martinmonica
05-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

For my nephew who was killed in Iraqi in 2008, he was 24 years old

Martinmonica
05-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Please go this link and pray for my fallen nephew and the soldiers in Iraqi.

http://militarytimes.com/valor/army-staff-sgt-frank-j-gasper/3551118/

Martinmonica
05-05-2010, 7:32 AM
remember JUNE 8, 2010 IS THE DAY TO VOTE

vladbutsky
05-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Martin,

If you wanted to hold a meet-n-greet with local (San Jose area) calgunners, I'm sure there are a large number of us who would be happy to meet with you - and from what I've seen so far, the likely outcome of such a meeting would not only be votes, but people who would assist with your campaign.

So how about it? Anyone have a suitable venue?

Martin, this Saturday there will be NRA Santa Clara Members Council Fun Shoot event at the Metcalf range. Would that work as an opportunity to talk in person? If you will be there - I will be there, and likely many other CalGunners ;)

So far you position looks really good, but it would be a lot easier to support you and convince others to do the same if we could have more data than just a few posts on this forum.

bulgron
05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Martin, this Saturday there will be NRA Santa Clara Members Council Fun Shoot event at the Metcalf range. Would that work as an opportunity to talk in person? If you will be there - I will be there, and likely many other CalGunners ;)

Uh, no.

NRA Members' Councils can't have candidates for political offices at their official events unless all the other candidates are also invited. I believe this is an actual legal restriction, and not just a policy set by the NRA.

Besides, the fun shoot of which you speak is open only to active members of the Members' Council, or people directly sponsored by a member of the Members' Council. This is a policy set by the SCC NRA Members' Council. We have our reasons.

All in all, that really isn't the right time and place for a meet n' greet with a Sheriff candidate.

Sorry.

Martinmonica
05-05-2010, 7:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/5acinom#p/a/u/1/C2HrHUG3N7w

Martinmonica
05-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Video showing a 30 million dollar waste by Sheriff Laurie SMith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I-frkLQyCY

Martinmonica
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
ARE CCWS UP FOR SALE IN SANTA CLARA COUNTY, YA 25,000 IS ALL YOU NEED
I have placed a video on Youtube regarding the purchase of CCW in Santa Clara County for 25, 000, check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/5acinom#p/u/0/EN1RCr9-scY

lq9hd
05-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Is this guy for real? Mods please confirm…

My Fiancé and I reside in Unincorporated San Jose and are totally clueless on who to vote for. We have been living in the San Jose for the last past eight years and been home owners in Unincorporated for the past five. So far I personally have not seen any “Camps” campaign in my community. I totally understand I live in an average middle class neighborhood that doesn’t have deep pockets but at least a hand shake and a hello would be nice from somebody.

ColdDeadHands1
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Mr. Monica:
As I said before, I appreciate your outreach to us Calgunners. I am quite confident that no one on this site needs any more convincing to not vote for the incumbent Laurie Smith! Her anti gun policies, CCW position, and general management of the SO is quite enough for us to not even consider her. I would much rather read about your positions, approach to legal, responsible gun ownership and CCW in Santa Clara County.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am a law abiding, hard working, father of two who lives in unincorporated Santa Clara County. I want to apply for and receive a CCW permit for protection of myself and my family. What I really want to hear from you is if you are elected will you issue a CCW to me and other law abiding citizens on the grounds of personal protection of ourselves and our families? I would appreciate an honest and direct answer.

Martinmonica
05-06-2010, 3:39 PM
Call me and lets set up a meeting to talk about your concerns.

martin

Martinmonica
05-06-2010, 3:40 PM
Call me and set up a meeting.

408-771-6946

Manic Moran
05-06-2010, 3:44 PM
Well, Sherrif Smith has decided that I, a commissioned Army officer with a security clearance, combat experience, and who always qualifies 'Expert' with the M9 pistol am too much of a danger to the population to be bestowed with a CCW Permit. You came onto the site first, what the hell. I'll vote for you.

NTM

Martinmonica
05-06-2010, 3:56 PM
Is this guy for real? Mods please confirm…

My Fiancé and I reside in Unincorporated San Jose and are totally clueless on who to vote for. We have been living in the San Jose for the last past eight years and been home owners in Unincorporated for the past five. So far I personally have not seen any “Camps” campaign in my community. I totally understand I live in an average middle class neighborhood that doesn’t have deep pockets but at least a hand shake and a hello would be nice from somebody.

Call me
408-7716946

Martinmonica
05-06-2010, 3:58 PM
Well, Sherrif Smith has decided that I, a commissioned Army officer with a security clearance, combat experience, and who always qualifies 'Expert' with the M9 pistol am too much of a danger to the population to be bestowed with a CCW Permit. You came onto the site first, what the hell. I'll vote for you.

NTM

Let meet, my nephew died in Iraq.

call me
408-7716946

Martinmonica
05-06-2010, 4:10 PM
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO I MADE ON CCW ON SHERIFF SMITH

http://www.youtube.com/user/5acinom

IF YOU WANT TO HELP THE CAMPAIGN, PLEASE VOTE AND DONATE MONEY, CALL ME AND I WILL DRIVE TO YOUR HOUSE OR WORK TO PICK UP THE DONATION FOR THE WIN
GOD BLESS
MARTIN

Manic Moran
05-06-2010, 5:23 PM
OK, enough with the PR videos already. I'm more inclined to vote for people with mature, reasonable argument, not people who blast posts of youtube links on an internet web board. (I'm also not a fan of attack adverts, by the way. You don't need to convince us to not vote for Smith, that's a given. I think you'll get a better result by posting positive things about yourself such as when you first opened this thread.)

Just a thought. Of course, I don't make a living as an election campaign manager.

NTM

Canute
05-06-2010, 5:30 PM
Yup, I'd like to see more about you and your proposed policies on your web site.

JustLegalInformation
05-06-2010, 5:35 PM
This thread is located at:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=298266&goto=newpost

The Sheriff there is being sued as well in Jacobs v. Santa Clara, et al.

JustLegalInformation
05-06-2010, 5:36 PM
just download the docs on that link

vladbutsky
05-06-2010, 7:11 PM
Yup, I'd like to see more about you and your proposed policies on your web site.

Same here...

Texas Boy
05-07-2010, 1:12 AM
I met Martin Monica tonight at the Sunnyvale Gun and Rod club. I can confirm that he is not some hoax on Calguns, but someone who is indeed running for sheriff's office with the stated platform of "will issue" for CCW's.

Martin seemed sincere and was actively campaigning on a pro CCW platform. I plan to talk with him further and discuss how we can get him elected.

Martinmonica
05-07-2010, 6:34 AM
OK, enough with the PR videos already. I'm more inclined to vote for people with mature, reasonable argument, not people who blast posts of youtube links on an internet web board. (I'm also not a fan of attack adverts, by the way. You don't need to convince us to not vote for Smith, that's a given. I think you'll get a better result by posting positive things about yourself such as when you first opened this thread.)

Just a thought. Of course, I don't make a living as an election campaign manager.

NTM

Your right and wrong, the problem with your idea is that no in the county know what the current sheriff is not doing. the purpose of the videos in not to be negative, but I believe in the power of information. How many people other then this work would support me over the sheriff if they have no honest information on her? SO in order for a person to MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ON WHAT TO VOTE ABOUT THEY THEY NEED INFORMATION, would you have a doctor conduct an operation on you with out information, i don't think so.
So as far as the videos they are informational videos like you have in school.
What is suggest if you do not support our constituion or the second amendment, then vote for the current sheriff and keep the county the way it has been for 12 years.

Martinmonica
05-07-2010, 6:36 AM
If you like to discuss more
email me
martinmonica2010@yahoo.com

Martinmonica
05-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I WANT TO MAKE PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT MY STANCE ON CCWS WILL NOT CHANGE, WHAT I SAY I WILL DO.
I HAVE CONTACTED AND DISCUSSED WITH A SHERIFF CANDIDATE IN SAN BENITO COUNTY WHO HAS THE SAY IDEAS. WE WILL WORK TOGETHER AND CHANGE THE CCW IN THIS COUNTY AND HIS COUNTY.
I AM A MAN OF MY WORD AND NOT A POLITICIAN
I AM ALSO A FAMILY MAN AND SUPPORT MY KIDS AND WIFE IN WHAT THEY DO AS LONG AS IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW, THAT IS WHAT A FATHER DOES. IF MORE DADS WOULD DO THAT WE WOULD NOT BE IN THE SITUATION WE ARE IN OUR SOCIETY.
MARTIN

tpuig
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I also heard Martin speak briefly at the SRGC meeting last night. Didn't get a chance to speak with him, but interest in the back of the room was high.

Martin: thanks for coming out and speaking. It's refreshing to actually see someone with a backbone running for office.

I met Martin Monica tonight at the Sunnyvale Gun and Rod club. I can confirm that he is not some hoax on Calguns, but someone who is indeed running for sheriff's office with the stated platform of "will issue" for CCW's.

Martin seemed sincere and was actively campaigning on a pro CCW platform. I plan to talk with him further and discuss how we can get him elected.

Gray Peterson
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
SHOUTING

Please do not use all caps in this forum in this manner. It's considered rude and considered shouting.

Say=same in regards to San Benito.

Texas Boy
05-07-2010, 1:10 PM
I just got off the phone with Martin - he is very sincere and serious about "will issue" for CCW and is adamant he will issue CCW with "self defense" as the only "cause". Not only is he a staunch 2A supporter, but from talking with him you can tell he genuinely cares about the community and believes "will issue" is a path to a safer community.

I have agreed to use my sales and marketing background to assist Martin with his campaign and encourage others to get involved as well. One of the things I'd like to understand is how many "involved" gun folks do we have in Santa Clara county. If EVERY active gun owner in Santa Clara county who was registered to vote were to cast a vote for Martin on June 8th, how many votes would that be?

We know Lori Smith was unopposed in the last election and received approx 200,000 votes. The 2008 census estimate for the county is 1,764,499 people, and the registrar of voters claims they mailed 768,000 pamphlets this may to registered voters. If we assume we need a full 200,000 votes (probably only need 100,00), then that is 26% of the registered voters - or 1 in 4. 100k would be 1 in 8. Clearly we need every single "gun" vote - and we should expand beyond the gun community - which Martin is doing.

If you have ideas how to make this happen or want to help, please contact Martin or myself. Let's make this a reality!

Foulball
05-07-2010, 4:51 PM
Texas Boy,

For the non-gun community you guys should really hit up his plan for community policing and involvement. How he invests his own personal time in matters of the community outside of his law enforcement job. That always hits home with voters.

-Todd

vladbutsky
05-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I don't have any idea on how we can pull it off, but I'm willing to help. The possibility of "will issue" in Santa Clara is way too attractive ;)
If anyone has a plan, I would help.

Texas Boy
05-08-2010, 1:29 AM
Thanks Todd and vladbutsky. If those interested in helping could list their skill sets that would be great. I know we have some talent out there.

About me - I am a silicon valley exec (VP Sales for a technology company). I've been in tech sales/marketing for ~16 years. Before that I did physics and intelligence work at LLNL (MS Physics, BSEE). While I feel comfortable in sales and marketing, I have ZERO experience in political campaigns. But the fundamentals of messaging apply - so until someone with more relevant experience steps up, I'm going to work with Martin on messaging (I just sent him a long list of things we need to do).

Aside from the obvious desire to find someone who has run a political campaign before, other skill sets we could use are:

-any marketing/sales. I'm not proud here - more heads is better.
-graphic arts/web design
-people with strong community connections (esp outside the gun culture) who can place Martin in front of groups of people (ethnic groups, church groups, clubs, etc). For these groups the message would be community involvement and a Sheriff who is in touch with the average person - not a faceless bureaucrat. There may be additional messages that resonate depending on the group.
-people willing to spread the word - even in the gun community. We should make it a goal to obtain 100% of the gun owners votes. Not even all the people on calguns read the 2A forum (or this thread), and most CA gun owners don't even read calguns. We need to reach THOSE people. All of them.

We have 30 days until the election - the time to act is now!

-Mark
(PM me for contact details)

Glock22Fan
05-08-2010, 5:36 PM
Texas Boy, I am on your side. However, I must point out that 200K votes when a candidate is unopposed does not mean 200K voters when there's a real choice. People tend to not bother to vote for a single candidate on the grounds that that candidate is going to win anyhow. There could be a lot more in a two way race.

Anyway, don't mean to be negative, good luck there!

hollabillz
05-08-2010, 7:06 PM
How do we vote? :confused:

ColdDeadHands1
05-08-2010, 7:14 PM
How do we vote?

Seriously? This thread is about the Santa Clara County Sheriff election coming up in June. You vote by going to your polling place and casting your ballot.

hollabillz
05-08-2010, 7:32 PM
Seriously? This thread is about the Santa Clara County Sheriff election coming up in June. You vote by going to your polling place and casting your ballot.

Ah, so the vote for Sheriff goes along with the gubernatorial / state election. Simple enough. :)

Just an idea: if someone could whip up a pamphlet and/or flyer, people in different areas could print them out themselves and pass them around... :cool:

vladbutsky
05-09-2010, 8:48 AM
Just an idea: if someone could whip up a pamphlet and/or flyer, people in different areas could print them out themselves and pass them around... :cool:

Martin, can you help us with material here? :)
I can help with designing/formatting and distributing.

Martinmonica
05-09-2010, 9:17 AM
Martin, can you help us with material here? :)
I can help with designing/formatting and distributing.

Yes I think it would be best to meet and work on it.
Give me a call and we can set a time or shoot an email to me
martinmonica2010@yahoo.com

Thanks

Martin

Martinmonica
05-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi
We have about a month before the election.
What I need are donations, if 100 people gave $100 to $500 that would be enough to get the necessary items to make the win big. Please give me a call or email to make it happen.
Martin
Happy Mothers day to all

vladbutsky
05-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I just called Martin and we agreed to meet at a dinner tonight (if we cannon find better time).

Please Respond to this thread or PM me if you would like to meet Martin in person and decide for yourself if he is a right candidate for sheriff.

Let's try Olive Garden in San Jose at 20:00 as initial proposed place. If it doesn't work for you, we can adjust.

Let's start doing something instead of just writing messages ;)

ggod408
05-09-2010, 1:40 PM
You've got my vote Martin!

Martinmonica
05-09-2010, 4:11 PM
I just called Martin and we agreed to meet at a dinner tonight (if we cannon find better time).

Please Respond to this thread or PM me if you would like to meet Martin in person and decide for yourself if he is a right candidate for sheriff.

Let's try Olive Garden in San Jose at 20:00 as initial proposed place. If it doesn't work for you, we can adjust.

Let's start doing something instead of just writing messages ;)

I will be there and if there is any change please call me.
I will also be watching the forum here for any changes.
Martin

vladbutsky
05-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I just came from the dinner with Martin. He was there with his son. We talked quite some time about his stance on many issues and I must agree with all previous guys who talked to him: Martin is a real deal. He needs our help to get his message out. He will get my vote. And I will try to convince everyone I know to vote for him.

ColdDeadHands1
05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I just came from the dinner with Martin. He was there with his son. We talked quite some time about his stance on many issues and I must agree with all previous guys who talked to him: Martin is a real deal. He needs our help to get his message out. He will get my vote. And I will try to convince everyone I know to vote for him.

This is great news! Vlad, thanks for taking the time to go and meet with Martin. I take my 2nd Amendment rights very seriously and my desire to receive a CCW as well. Martin has stated he intends to follow "shall issue" principles and that means a lot to me. I would like to donate some of my very limited time and a cash donation as well.

Martin, what can I do to help? I'm going to email you about a donation but do you have a campaign staff? Any organization that we can jump in to? Or are we starting from scratch? Do you have any flyers or yard signs? Please let me know how I can help you get elected.

Texas Boy
05-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Colddeadhands1;

Vlad and I are working with Martin and coordinating efforts via personal email. Please PM one of us with your email and any skills or resources you can offer. All help greatly appreciated - so this goes to everyone out there.

For those simply wanting to make a donation, please contact Martin directly martinmonica2010@yahoo.com (-martinmonica2010@yahoo.com). You can also go to http://www.martinmonica.com/Martin_Monica_For_Sheriff/Contact.html and click on the "donate" button which will take you to
https://www.completecampaigns.com/FR/contribute.asp?campaignid=MonicaMartin

-Mark

CaptHobbes
05-10-2010, 9:50 PM
This clip from For a Few Dollars More (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMU1Ls1gMk8#t=7m24s) would be awesome for the campaign video.

Texas Boy
05-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Or perhaps someone knows Clint and we could just get him to do a commercial (and put up the $$ to air it since I doubt we have any where near the budget for TV time). Yep, that would be great.

Martinmonica
05-11-2010, 4:36 PM
Hey all,
Absentee ballots are out. Make sure you tell people about the sheriff's race and who to support.

Martinmonica
05-11-2010, 5:01 PM
I am including a schedule of public forums that all are invited too:
May 12, 2010
7-9 Cupertino community Hall
10350 Torre Avenue, Cupertino
May 19, 2010
7-9
Willow Glen Baptist Church
San Jose, willow Glen area

May 22, 2010
Willow Glen Baptist Church
Pancake breakfast
Smith at 9:45-1000
Monica 10:45-11:00
Calderon 11-1115

May 29, 2010
Campbell Community Center
Pancake breakfast
Smith9:45-1000
Monica 10:45-1100
Calderon 1100-1115

smarter
05-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Got my ballot today! You got my vote!

ColdDeadHands1
05-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Colddeadhands1;

Vlad and I are working with Martin and coordinating efforts via personal email. Please PM one of us with your email and any skills or resources you can offer. All help greatly appreciated - so this goes to everyone out there.

For those simply wanting to make a donation, please contact Martin directly martinmonica2010@yahoo.com. You can also go to http://www.martinmonica.com/Martin_M...f/Contact.html and click on the "donate" button which will take you to
https://www.completecampaigns.com/FR...d=MonicaMartin

-Mark

Texas Boy:
PM sent offering my help to get Martin elected!

Martin:
I sent you an email about sending a donation check but never heard back. Post an address where I can mail a check to! I could use the campaign donations website link but you said earlier they take a cut and you preferred checks. Post or PM me the mailing address and I'll get the check in the mail!

Martinmonica
05-12-2010, 6:27 AM
We have 28 days left.
the campaign needs more donations to be able to order yard signs.

Martinmonica
05-12-2010, 6:30 AM
I will be with the San Jose chamber of commerce PAC committee this morning and with the other candidates. The other day at the Berryessa forum Smith attacked myself and the other candidate verbally. I was able to articulate professionally that her attack was wrong, we did great that day.

Martinmonica
05-12-2010, 6:40 AM
Hey food for thought, we have had about 2000 views, if each person donated at least 25 dollars we would have more then enough to win this campaign.

ColdDeadHands1
05-12-2010, 7:43 AM
Martin:
I'll kick this off with a donation. Where do I send the check?

Stealth
05-12-2010, 8:02 AM
You got my vote for sure. Will use facebook/twitter/email to urge all my family and friends in SC county to vote for you.

Good luck!

Martinmonica
05-12-2010, 8:37 AM
Martin:
I'll kick this off with a donation. Where do I send the check?

I can pick it up and meet you or send it to my campaign HQ
1923 Jackson Street
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-771-6946

Martinmonica
05-12-2010, 5:31 PM
I have found a printer that will work with us. I need 200 to 300 people that can donate $25 or more. With just $25 that would be what we need to purchase yard signs. Lets make this happen. This will help brand my name out there. I met a lady today that sent her absentee ballot in and she voted for me. We are on the way. I will drive to your house or business to pick up the donation.

Martin

bulgron
05-12-2010, 7:10 PM
I really wish you had been here two years ago looking for our help. But with just 28 days left, this seems really really late.

GuyW
05-12-2010, 7:34 PM
I really wish you had been here two years ago looking for our help. But with just 28 days left, this seems really really late.

I have to laugh....we started with LaSuer 2 years ago and we got the "what's the rush...who else is running" drill.

...dealing with gunnies is like herding cats...

...but I tend to agree with you, and I wish Martin all the best in his race, and hope he gets some help....

bulgron
05-12-2010, 7:39 PM
I have to laugh....we started with LaSuer 2 years ago and we got the "what's the rush...who else is running" drill.

You didn't get that drill from me.

In order to take on a sitting Sheriff, especially in this county, you need a lot of friends and a lot of money. It takes at least two years to gather those resources.

GuyW
05-12-2010, 8:11 PM
You didn't get that drill from me.

In order to take on a sitting Sheriff, especially in this county, you need a lot of friends and a lot of money. It takes at least two years to gather those resources.

Yes - I didn't mean to imply that at all. I agree 110% with your posts here....

Martinmonica
05-12-2010, 11:06 PM
It is not to late. I was at a forum tonight, let me tell you people want a new sheriff and Smith verbally attacked the the candidate, using the f word. Smith is losing it and if we strike now we will win. Instead of thinking of losing we need to think of winning. Laurie missed the forum this morning with the Chamber of commerce in San Jose, she is not able to articulate what she has done or will.
So if you want to make sure of the total win donate if we have 200 people donate 25 dollars we shall win by a land slide.

You need to stand up and be counted.

Thank You

ColdDeadHands1
05-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Martin:
In order to get you the cash you need ASAP, I'm putting my check in the mail to your campaign HQ tomorrow.

I want to get my hands on 10-15 yard signs. I live in the SC Mountains (Santa Clara side obviously) and there are no other campaigns signs out yet. As you know there are only a few primary roads up here that everyone takes to get in and out. I can strategically place your signs where they will get maximum visibility!

I will be in the Mountain View area Thursday afternoon (about 3:30 - 4:30) and in Milpitas all day Friday (I get around for work...). Do you have signs yet? Can I meet you to pick some up? Can I pick them up at your HQ?

Let me know!

Martinmonica
05-13-2010, 6:42 AM
Martin:
In order to get you the cash you need ASAP, I'm putting my check in the mail to your campaign HQ tomorrow.

I want to get my hands on 10-15 yard signs. I live in the SC Mountains (Santa Clara side obviously) and there are no other campaigns signs out yet. As you know there are only a few primary roads up here that everyone takes to get in and out. I can strategically place your signs where they will get maximum visibility!

I will be in the Mountain View area Thursday afternoon (about 3:30 - 4:30) and in Milpitas all day Friday (I get around for work...). Do you have signs yet? Can I meet you to pick some up? Can I pick them up at your HQ?

Let me know!

No signs yet need more money, but I located a printer that will give me a great deal, from the price and size of the signs.
The forum was great last night. My son will be uploading it on the web site. Laurie is not able to answer the questions given her, and she is becoming more and more hostile and bringing in her people from the sheriff's office to try and intimidate us, it does not work. We will see if she goes to any more forums. she is afraid, which means the time it right.

ColdDeadHands1
05-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Mailed my donation today to the campaign HQ!

Buy some signs Martin and let me know when and where to pick them up. As stated before, I will post them on the main roads on the Santa Clara side of the Santa Cruz Mountains!

smarter
05-14-2010, 1:30 AM
Martin, if you have any design for flyers that I can print out from my home please pm me and i'll send you my email, i'd be glad to pass these out in my neighborhood. There's no signs for any sheriff candidate here in my area.

Jason_2111
05-14-2010, 6:18 AM

I've sent in a donation (all I can afford this month, I'll donate again in two weeks).

Martin has my full support... is there anything else I can do? Sign in my yard? Sticker on my car? Stuff envelopes?

A good friend of mine used to work in politics for the Republican Party, and has lots of experience on working campaigns. I'll tag her today and see if she can suggest any other way we can help out.

Martinmonica
05-14-2010, 9:22 PM
Martin, if you have any design for flyers that I can print out from my home please pm me and i'll send you my email, i'd be glad to pass these out in my neighborhood. There's no signs for any sheriff candidate here in my area.

One of the other guys here is working on a new one
when I get it i will send it out.

Hey if you look at my web page and look at forums you will see that Laurie says the same thing. I have been on the radio to and will be in a magazine. I believe we are on track. Just looking for donations and thanks for getting it out. I switched to mail or having me pick the donation up. The electronic method has a 3 to 4 day turn around.
If you can make one of the forums you can see us all in action and ask questions.

Martinmonica
05-14-2010, 9:24 PM
I've sent in a donation (all I can afford this month, I'll donate again in two weeks).

Martin has my full support... is there anything else I can do? Sign in my yard? Sticker on my car? Stuff envelopes?

A good friend of mine used to work in politics for the Republican Party, and has lots of experience on working campaigns. I'll tag her today and see if she can suggest any other way we can help out.

Great,
If you could ask her on ideas to make a fund raiser. I contacted a New Your Pizza and I believe that the owner will permit us to make a fundraiser there. You up to help on this?

Martinmonica
05-15-2010, 11:30 AM
how do i look at a email here that was sent to me?

spgripside
05-15-2010, 1:08 PM
how do i look at a email here that was sent to me?

At the top right of this page you'll see:

Welcome, Martinmonica.
You last visited:
Private Messages: Unread , Total .
User CP | Quick Links | New Posts |Log Out

Click on private messages.

Sean

Martinmonica
05-15-2010, 8:14 PM
At the top right of this page you'll see:

Welcome, Martinmonica.
You last visited:
Private Messages: Unread , Total .
User CP | Quick Links | New Posts |Log Out

Click on private messages.

Sean

Thank you for the information. I was on the radio again and in a magazine.
We will win in June by 50+.

Jason_2111
05-16-2010, 8:40 AM
Great,
If you could ask her on ideas to make a fund raiser. I contacted a New Your Pizza and I believe that the owner will permit us to make a fundraiser there. You up to help on this?

Yes, I'd be willing to help out... let me know what I can do.

I got an email from my campaign worker buddy, and I'll send it along in a private message. I'll call her up today and ask her for ideas about fundraisers. When I emailed her, I just said "Hey, there's a candidate running for Sheriff that I really want to support, what can I do to support him?", so she didn't cover fund raising.

One thing she did mention right off the start though, is that it would be great if you had a downloadable bumper sticker or something that we could all print up and put in windows or on our cars. I'll see if she's willing to help design something like that. If not, I've got a friend who's a great graphic artist and owes me a favor.

Martinmonica
05-16-2010, 9:33 AM
25 days tell election day
Please send any size donation:
Martin Monica for Sheriff
1923 Jackson Street
Santa Clara, CA 95050
or call me at 408-771-6946

ColdDeadHands1
05-16-2010, 9:53 AM
Here is the way I see this race. In line with the PM I just received from Jason, most people just aren't that interested in the sheriffs race. There just isn't that big draw and amount of info on the candidates out there in print, TV, radio, etc. Sadly, my guess is that the vast majority of voters, when they get to the sheriffs block on their ballot will simply check the name that stands out in their head. Name recognition. Unfortunately, Martin doesn't have much. Everyone in this county at one time or another has heard about Laurie Smith (whether it was in a positive or most likely negative light) doesn't even matter. The other guy has a kind of cool sounding name, kind of cartel-ish so that might get him some votes.

Bottom line is Martin needs name recognition. This can be done through lots of signs, stickers, and flyers. Martin, when will you be producing these or at least giving us a file where we can print our own? Time is of the essence!

As for flyers, we could print stacks and take them to all the local gun shops, ranges, etc. BAGV in MV, Sportsmens Supply in Campbell, Los Altos Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun, Reeds, etc, etc. This will give great exposure to many 2A supporters in the county.

Martinmonica
05-16-2010, 11:30 PM
I just got back. I have been with three groups today. They all support me. My name is getting out to the community.
The three groups have about 70,000 votes, and they have sent the word out to vote for me. I want to keep the groups name confidential for now, because others might be watching.

docmike
05-17-2010, 10:10 PM
I have to say Martin Monica has my vote for several reasons. First and formost when I emailed him with a question on CCW and other issues he did not repsond with a carbon copy answer. I recieved a personal phone call the next day leaving a fairly detailed message and then followed by a 40 min talk that night with no BS dodging questions. I also sent emails to the others. Guess what not even a reply go figure.

Martinmonica
05-18-2010, 8:39 AM
We have about 21 days before election.
I am starting to receive more donations and still need more. Send what ever you can.

Sgt Raven
05-19-2010, 6:22 PM
Saw a TV ad for Smith today on Comcast's SJ digital CNN channel 56.

Martinmonica
05-22-2010, 10:50 AM
There is 18 days before the election.
IF you want change vote MARTIN MONICA

Martinmonica
05-22-2010, 7:19 PM
I just did an interview with comcast community tv.
There some people in another threat that does not understand or have read this threat on the candidates. We will win. All people need to vote for me if they want a change, that is shall will.

Martinmonica
05-22-2010, 9:48 PM
You people need to get excited with the upcoming elections. We can have a major change here in Santa Clara County. If we do not stand up and be counted then we have no say in the matter.

Vote Martin Monica

Martinmonica
05-22-2010, 9:50 PM
Shall issue/may issue
If you want this change support me.

Martin

Martinmonica
05-23-2010, 2:54 PM
To win you need to vote and make your vote count.

zx9rdr
05-23-2010, 6:33 PM
I met with him earlier, and we spoke in length. Not just about CCW, but about law enforcement, 2nd amendment, how he plans to instill change, community policing, and integrity.

I believe him. He makes himself available to his constituents, his people. Go ahead and ask him the tough questions. He does not dodge questions. He answers how he believes, not what he believes will get him elected. Martin wasn't making promises when I spoke to him that he didn't truly believe he could follow through on.

He does not follow the political lines of the donkey versus the elephant, choosing the path which he feels is right.

Throughout our meeting and conversation, I did not once have any basis to question his stance on the 2nd amendment or CCW.

Those in doubt, I challenge you to call him, or email him. Just ask with any questions you may have!

ColdDeadHands1
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Martin, where did you go? Did you ever get any signs? There is very little signage / publicity out there for the sheriffs race. 100 or so well placed signs could really get some name recognition going.

Let me / us know. I'm sure many of us would step up to distribute!

BigJ
06-02-2010, 8:59 AM
Martin you've got my vote. And I've told everyone I know who you are and what you stand for.

Unfortunately, to a man, none had heard of you until I educated them.

Here's hoping for the best! If you are elected, my name will be among the first applications you see, asking you to honor your CCW promise.

ColdDeadHands1
06-02-2010, 9:51 AM
If you are elected, my name will be among the first applications you see, asking you to honor your CCW promise.

No it won't. My name will be first!:D

DDRH
06-02-2010, 5:49 PM
sent in my ballot today, hope it's not too late =]

Martinmonica
06-02-2010, 6:09 PM
Thank you for your support. We will win in June.

Martin

m24armorer
06-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Down to the wire....

Post your CV.

Martinmonica
06-03-2010, 7:36 AM
My CV is on my web site.

Martinmonica
06-03-2010, 8:58 PM
I was at a forum last night that both the other candidates did not attend. More votes toward the win.
The Tsunami is coming and the other candidates won't know tell it hits them.

Martin

Cos
06-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I lost my nephew in Iraqi.

...My parents brought me up as a proud American and to live by the laws and ethics they instilled in me. I will work like my nephew did , in the face of the enemy he went on even in death. We SHALL overcome tyranny.
Martin

And apparently US soldiers in Iraq ARE overcoming a tyranny in Iraq in the name of the democracy and law? How about 1.5+ millions civilians who were ... overcame there?

swhatb
06-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Sent in my ballot, voted for you.

We haven't met, but I've talked with almost all neighbors in my neighborhood and have asked them for your support on the ballot; most said they would and are true to their word--old folks are great!

Hope for a change in this county for the policing and policies.

Jason_2111
06-04-2010, 7:32 AM
Ack... absentee ballots isn't the way to go.
It's better than not voting, but they aren't event counted unless it's a close race.

It's much better to get down to the polls and do it manually.

dantodd
06-04-2010, 8:35 AM
And apparently US soldiers in Iraq ARE overcoming a tyranny in Iraq in the name of the democracy and law? How about 1.5+ millions civilians who were ... overcame there?

Let's keep Iraq war politics out of this thread please.

dantodd
06-04-2010, 8:36 AM
It's better than not voting, but they aren't event counted unless it's a close race.

Do you actually believe this? If so, do you have ANY credible evidence to support it?

Spaceghost
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I had the pleasure of speaking again with Mr. Monica yesterday. I think he will do a great job as Sheriff.

Jason_2111
06-05-2010, 7:56 PM
Do you actually believe this? If so, do you have ANY credible evidence to support it?

I do actually believe this, but I may be in error.
I have a good friend who has worked in politics as a campaign manager and other positions, and is a Poly-Sci major. According to her, they don't count them unless the regular vote is close enough where the votes in the mailed in ones could make a difference. As she puts it... "it seems like a crappy thing to do, but the math works out the same".

However, she's been out of politics for a few years now, and I looked up the Santa Clara Country Registrar of Voters website, and found the following in the FAQ:

Q: Will my vote count?
A: Yes. Every valid Vote By Mail ballot will be counted. You can track the status of your returned Vote By Mail ballot online.

Q: Is it secure?
A: Yes. The signature on the back of the return envelope is compared with the voter’s original signature on the registration form to ensure that an unauthorized person can not complete and return another voter’s ballot.

Q: Do I have to mail it?
A: No. You can deliver your ballot to the Registrar of Voters’ Office or place it in the white 24-hour drop box located near the flagpole. You can also take your ballot to any Santa Clara County polling place on Election Day or to any city hall before or on Election Day. Click here for a complete list of drop-off locations.

So for what it's worth, I believe I was in error. :)
I'll tag my friend and see what she says.

GuyW
06-05-2010, 8:54 PM
Ack... absentee ballots isn't the way to go.

It's much better to get down to the polls and do it manually.

Actually, they are usually counted first, and reported as interim results on voting day until the polls close and those votes are counted....

Martinmonica
06-05-2010, 9:39 PM
m24armorer is a Sheriff Smith supporter.

ca1903
06-06-2010, 9:31 AM
Martin, you got my vote, and my wife's. And I've been telling friends to vote for you! Let's do our best in the last few days.

Good luck to you. and good luck to all of us.

ps: I met Sheriff Smith in a dinner few months back. She struck me as a very "politically correct" lady, and surprised by my comment about SJ police's necessity of shooting in several cases (after I listened to the 911 recorded tapes published publicly)

Martinmonica
06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
We will win today June 8, 2010.
I look forward to meeting everyone.

Martin Monica

Canute
06-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I just voted for you Mr. Monica. Too bad there wasn't anybody running against Assemblyman Beall. I had to write my name in :).

RX_Pilot
06-08-2010, 3:24 PM
I'm registered in San Benito county but my wife just voted for you. Good Luck.

tintguy
06-08-2010, 6:33 PM
Me my dad, mom, sister and two co-workers voted for Martinmonica.

bulgron
06-08-2010, 7:14 PM
I think I got my wife, a devout Liberal, to vote for Mr. Monica. I won't be sure until I see her tonight.

NightOwl
06-08-2010, 8:13 PM
I voted for Martin Monica. Eagerly awaiting the election results, hope you win.

ColdDeadHands1
06-08-2010, 9:04 PM
Got my vote in for Martin. Good luck Martin! We should know soon!

Mud
06-08-2010, 9:30 PM
Wife and I voted for ya. Good Luck!

ColdDeadHands1
06-08-2010, 9:36 PM
Not looking good right now.:mad:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/266354-smith-edges-to-early-commanding-lead-in-sheriffs-race

CharAznable
06-09-2010, 1:25 AM
Yeah, corruption wins by a landslide. I hope someone does something with that evidence of payoffs...

CABilly
06-09-2010, 2:54 AM
I voted for Martin :-(

I can't believe, with all the crap that's come out of that department in recent years, that she was re-elected.

Martinmonica
06-09-2010, 7:39 AM
Hey guys,

I would like to know if anyone would like to help me. I am currently writing a brief to the Attorney general to give me permission to sue the sheriff. If anyone has a connection with an attorney, please call me.

Martin

Gray Peterson
06-09-2010, 8:24 AM
Hey guys,

I would like to know if anyone would like to help me. I am currently writing a brief to the Attorney general to give me permission to sue the sheriff. If anyone has a connection with an attorney, please call me.

Martin

You can't sue the sheriff for losing an election, Martin. If you're going where I think you're going, look up information on qui tam.

Glock22Fan
06-09-2010, 8:42 AM
I voted for Martin :-(

I can't believe, with all the crap that's come out of that department in recent years, that she was re-elected.

Sadly, the vast proportion of the electorate neither know nor care about all that crap. They just want to get on with watching the big game and enjoying life.

If you didn't know already, these results (and Orange county's) should show that it takes federal agents to shift an incumbent sheriff from office.

Martinmonica
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
You can't sue the sheriff for losing an election, Martin. If you're going where I think you're going, look up information on qui tam.

A quo warranto action is filed typically to remove a person from public office. The Attorney General must approve all quo warranto actions filed by private individuals. This protects public officers from frivolous lawsuits. Nature of Remedy.

A quo warranto action may be brought against any person who usurps, intrudes into, or unlawfully holds or exercises any public office or franchise.

A quo warranto action may also be brought against any corporation, either de jure or de facto, which usurps, intrudes into, or unlawfully holds or exercises any franchise within California.

The Opinion Unit reviews the written pleadings filed by the parties and issues an opinion either granting or denying the application to sue. If approval is given, the lawsuit is maintained under the direction of the Attorney General.

Martinmonica
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I am not suing because I lost, but rather there are other issues that have come to light. I have evidence showing this fact.

freonr22
06-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Go team go!

Flopper
06-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Martin, if you have information that would be useful in ousting Smith, I think you should get in contact with GGF Board Members, Team Billy Jack, etc.

Pool your knowledge and resources and get that corrupt whore outta here.

bulgron
06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Martin, if you have information that would be useful in ousting Smith, I think you should get in contact with GGF Board Members, Team Billy Jack, etc.

Pool your knowledge and resources and get that corrupt whore outta here.

I concur.

She's too powerful to take on all by yourself. Don't be a lone ranger. Share what you've got.

diginit
06-09-2010, 9:04 PM
Why are there ANY FEES at all. This a right, NOT a privilage.

bulgron
06-09-2010, 11:45 PM

Same reason why they can charge fees for you to file for a parade permit or a marriage license. They can't make money off of it, but they can cover their own costs to process the permit or license application.

Flopper
06-10-2010, 11:22 AM

Not yet it's not.

bulgron
06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Not yet it's not.

Actually, it is a right, but just not one that the courts are ready to protect. At least, not today.