PDA

View Full Version : Internet radio

Satex
05-02-2010, 4:01 PM
So, I like listening to several radio stations online; but I dislike having to open a browser, click through the station's web page, and finally get to the "live radio" link on the respective site.

My questions is: are there any recommended applications that can make listening to my favorite radio station as easy as pressing the memory button in my car?

XYZ
05-02-2010, 4:15 PM
Why not save this as a favorite? Some PC's also have the option of using hot keys - to push one button on your keyboard and it opens IE and goes right to the URL

yellowsulphur
05-02-2010, 11:05 PM
If you use Pandora Radio they have an Adobe Air application you can use so you don't have to open a browser.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4573408565_bd45ecc1b9_o.jpg

RHT447
05-05-2010, 8:33 PM
Try Iceberg Radio. I run it in FireFox and use the "save tabs and quit" function. Then when I re-open FireFox, it goes right to the channel I was listening to. Iceberg also has a "blended channel" funcition, but I haven't had time to try it yet.

SOCMOB
05-05-2010, 8:55 PM
I need to try Pandora bigtime. The thought of a Dead Milkmen channel, or all Allen Sherman, all the time .... wow.

yellowsulphur
05-08-2010, 2:13 AM
I need to try Pandora bigtime. The thought of a Dead Milkmen channel, or all Allen Sherman, all the time .... wow.

Dolly Parton to Black Flag I've got it. I actually paid for the extras and I normally don't do that.

grnidb
05-11-2010, 7:44 AM
If you have an iPhone Slacker Radio ROCKS!!!! It is better than Pandora IMO. I was able to stream audio from SD to Vegas with the exception of maybe 15 minutes. They also have a Stand up comedian channel.

AJZ