PDA

View Full Version : Newb Questions about ar/ak

pulserifle99
03-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Hello guys, Iím new to the world of guns and i do enjoy them very much. From what i can gather is there is a mad dash to buy lowers to build CA legal ar-15's. Now my question is, can any ar lower be built into a legal rifle? If so I can buy one from one of the members on the forums and be able to build it up to a rifle? And what is up with the apparent seizure of some lowers by the DOJ? Also if I gather correctly, it is also possible to build a CA legal AK? If so which receiver do I need and where do I find one? Because I am ready to buy 2 ar receivers and at least 1 ak. Thank you very much.

nickj03b
03-03-2006, 11:23 PM
you can build a fixed 10-round with a non-listed lower...but you should SEARCH first...you will find all the answers you seek

pulserifle99
03-03-2006, 11:29 PM
i did, but it seems the info is spread over many threads but thank you

Renron
03-04-2006, 6:28 PM
Pulse,
You are correct, the information is quite spread out on this site. :( But, being so makes you learn while you look around. Reading is the answer to the question(s) you don't know to ask.:) I had to look up what a BUIS was, but now I know and I will never forget. (Back Up Iron Sights) There is LOTS to learn here and the people are here to help. Use search first and ask 2nd. it will get your questions answered then.
Welcome to the club:cool:
Renron

ohsmily
03-04-2006, 6:55 PM
There is a link in RED at the top of every page on this forum. It is titled "California AR/AK Series Assault weapons FAQ". READ IT IN FULL...carefully. Here is the link to save you trouble of locating it on the page.
And the previous members are correct, answers to your questions have been rehashed many times in various threads. The search function can be very useful. But, start with the FAQ.

http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

Hello guys, Iím new to the world of guns and i do enjoy them very much. From what i can gather is there is a mad dash to buy lowers to build CA legal ar-15's. Now my question is, can any ar lower be built into a legal rifle? If so I can buy one from one of the members on the forums and be able to build it up to a rifle? And what is up with the apparent seizure of some lowers by the DOJ? Also if I gather correctly, it is also possible to build a CA legal AK? If so which receiver do I need and where do I find one? Because I am ready to buy 2 ar receivers and at least 1 ak. Thank you very much.