PDA

View Full Version : Panoche snow

11Z50
03-03-2006, 5:47 PM
If your'e going to Panoche, bring XC skiis.

I looked west this morning, and the ridges there were white with snow. After a break in the weather this afternoon, it looked like the Alps. Snow in Panoche....don't see that every day!

I talked to Mechandy this afternoon and we both agreed that a Panoche run (for shooting) would not be prudent this weekend. It should be OK in a week or two.

TonyM
03-03-2006, 7:25 PM
What sucks is, time is running out before they close it to vehicle traffic.

mechandy
03-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Never mind

bu-bye
03-05-2006, 1:31 PM
Yeah the day sucked but we got through it :D. Even set up a 50, 100, 200, 300 and 400 yard range. Also had a Skeet area and a fruit rolling hill. Many brave melons lost their lives, it will be a day I never forget:(

C.G.
03-05-2006, 1:40 PM
Yeah the day sucked but we got through it :D. Even set up a 50, 100, 200, 300 and 400 yard range. Also had a Skeet area and a fruit rolling hill. Many brave melons lost their lives, it will be a day I never forget:(

And everybody forgot their skis.:)

Turbinator
03-05-2006, 8:08 PM
Must have been pretty cold out there for a Panoche trip. Winter's still biting in and I'm surprised the roads weren't too muddy from all of the recent rains?

Turby

bbq_ribs
03-05-2006, 9:12 PM
I hope everyone brought trash bags. :-(

Last time I was up there (couple weeks ago) I found a small shooting range right off of the main road, and there was trash everywhere. It was totally unacceptable, and I worry that if people constantly leave trash that the BLM will close the area off to shooting.

I don't want that to happen.

So I ask all of you - please bring trash bags, and pack out as much trash as you can. :-)

edbon9
03-06-2006, 1:01 PM
sounds like you guys had fun at that place. One of these days I'll make it
over there, If I can ever find that place.

C.G.
03-06-2006, 1:45 PM

It is in Nevada!:D

pidooma
03-06-2006, 1:45 PM

If you find it, let me know so you can show me how to get there without making any wrong turns.

bu-bye
03-06-2006, 2:06 PM
It is in Nevada!:D

:mad: why you Son of a ......:D

:p

edbon9
03-06-2006, 2:10 PM
If you find it, let me know so you can show me how to get there without making any wrong turns.

why, the ride is half the fun unless you run out of gas or run over a dog.

Nevada huh, that's a bit far for me.

C.G.
03-06-2006, 5:19 PM
why, the ride is half the fun unless you run out of gas or run over a dead dog.

Fixed it for ya!:D

mechandy
03-06-2006, 6:05 PM
It was a pleasure meeting you guys, and Toby we need to do it again.
I agree we need to take care of that place.
Garbage bags are a great idea.
We had a rule when I was growing up "we need to leave the place better than when we found it".For the most part that's real easy to do.
I'd also like to recommend shovels for fire prevention.
It's just too nice of a place to loose.

joel1316
03-07-2006, 5:58 AM
There does seem to be some fellow cleaners??? Last time we went, there wasn't as much shotgun shells laying all over the ground.... But there was an increase in large debris (targets) left at the second gate entrance :(