PDA

View Full Version : Colt Anaconda - Good Deal?

vengerltc
05-01-2010, 4:28 PM
Hi TEAM,

At the crossroads show today I just could not resist buying a .44 Colt Anaconda. Paid $962 with ATM fees and Dros transfer. It was in good shape rifiling was good. Extractor and timing seem ok and it had a small scratch or two but no major dings. WIll post when I get it.

Now the questions:

How do I tell what year it was produced SN# is MM11XXX

How great is this deal? Great or what!

Where can I get parts. I want a new ejector ratchet, Hand and assembly just in case

FCinCA
05-01-2010, 5:45 PM
How do I tell what year it was produced SN# is MM11XXX

How great is this deal? Great or what!

Where can I get parts. I want a new ejector ratchet, Hand and assembly just in case

Sounds like a fair price. With all the fees you managed to get out for less than a grand so that's decent if the timing is good. Anaconda's as with most of the Colt Revolvers get out of time often. Your date of manufacture from the serial number can be had if you call Colt directly. There isn't a site on line that I know of that has a data base for anything newer than the late 70's. As for the scratch, hopefully they aren't really deep. You can live with them or get some extra fine grit sand paper and rub lightly with the grain and they should go. Lastly, as for parts, GOOD LUCK. They are pretty much non existent in the open market. If you send it bad to Colt for repair, they may have a part or two left but probably not.