PDA

View Full Version : Mag release issue on XD9

dark_ninja
05-01-2010, 1:59 PM
I began to notice an issue with the mag release on my XD9 recently.I have to press hard on the mag release to drop the mag. I am right handed so I usually press the mag release with my thumb,but even pressing the mag release with my index or middle finger is an issue.` Unloaded,the release feels smooth. Upon loading a mag it feels real stiff.If I pull the chamber back and load the mag,then press the release it works smoothly. Less than a month ago I shot it at the range but do not recall if I had this issue. It has just come to my attention lately because I usually keep it loaded,unloading only when I carry to work and back. I'm going to lube and clean it out a bit but I've had it done a couple of weeks before I last shot it,so I don't know if that can be the problem? Has anyone else had this problem with an XD or XD9 in particular?

Sonic_mike
05-01-2010, 2:19 PM
Try pushing up on the mag while you depress the release.

XD link talking about the same problem (http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-gunsmithing-maintenance/144500-mag-release-issue.html)

dark_ninja
05-01-2010, 4:44 PM
Thanks for the link. Ill look into that when I get home

dark_ninja
05-02-2010, 8:38 AM
Yup,pushing up on the magazine worked. Must've not noticed that issue at the range because mag was empty and didn't weight down on the release as a full mag.

Sonic_mike
05-02-2010, 12:34 PM
glad I could help.

bsg
05-02-2010, 12:58 PM
good job Sonic mike....

-Brady