PDA

View Full Version : M1A Socom 16 CA legal...

thefitter
05-01-2010, 1:23 PM
All Factory M1A Socoms are Ca legal because they all come with muzzle brakes instead of flash suppressors, right?

cntrolsguy
05-01-2010, 1:25 PM
Flash suppresor does not matter any more. It's the pistol grip that really makes the difference now. No pistol grip = Good To Go!

ke6guj
05-01-2010, 1:52 PM
Flash suppresor does not matter any more. It's the pistol grip that really makes the difference now. No pistol grip = Good To Go!
incorrect. A flash hider is considered an evil feature on a semi-automatic centerfire rifle with a detachable magazine. That is why standard M1a's are not legal in CA iwth the factory flash hider. That is why SA makes a CA-legal version with a muzzle brake instead.

ke6guj
05-01-2010, 1:54 PM
All Factory M1A Socoms are Ca legal because they all come with muzzle brakes instead of flash suppressors, right?
Yes, as long as it does not have a flash hider (or any other evil features) that Factory M1a Socom should be legal.

cntrolsguy
05-01-2010, 1:54 PM
incorrect. A flash hider is considered an evil feature on a semi-automatic centerfire rifle with a detachable magazine. That is why standard M1a's are not legal in CA iwth the factory flash hider. That is why SA makes a CA-legal version with a muzzle brake instead.

Crap your right, I forgot about that.

joefrank64k
05-01-2010, 8:21 PM
SOCOM 16 is GTG...it has a muzzle brake (which works great BTW!) and no other evil features...

ccandgc
05-01-2010, 8:47 PM
SOCOM 16 is AWESOME! I love mine!

misterjake
05-01-2010, 9:01 PM
The muzzle break is actually better than having a flash hider. The ports are facing to the left right and top, keeps the gun pointed down. I love mine...

limitdown
05-02-2010, 1:00 AM
The blast/noise with the muzzle break takes a huge toll on the ears. I once shot mine at an indoor range with ear buds and NRR 33DB ear muffs and my ears still rang all night after getting home.

gunsmith
05-02-2010, 7:34 AM
its amazing such a cool battle ready rifle got ignored, by concentrating on stupid plastic pistol grips- they banned a lot of crap that was useless anyway ( cobrays, mac whatevers ) and left a battle ready masterpiece alone.

misterjake
05-02-2010, 5:31 PM
If I'm forced unconstitutionally to only have 10 rounds to defend my family's life then I'm going to go with .30 cal in a weapon that on a chart would hit equilibrium on stopping power and recoil control.