PDA

View Full Version : cash and carry

garrett916
05-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I was wondering if it matters how old a gun is when doing dros and registration and all of that. can you do a straight cash buy for older pistols? probably a stupid question just wondering

M. D. Van Norman
05-01-2010, 1:04 PM
In California, all modern handguns must go through a licensed dealer with very few exceptions.

Cokebottle
05-01-2010, 1:06 PM
Handguns made after 1898 must run through a dealer.
If you have an 03FFL and a California COE, you can "cash and carry" handguns over 50 years old, but they still have to be transferred at a dealer because they must be registered.
Long guns over 50 years old can be cash and carried by anyone.

garrett916
05-01-2010, 1:18 PM
thanks

dieselpower
05-01-2010, 3:20 PM
Isn't there some crazy law stating if you own a C&R license that you can't FTF firearms...dont know the laws for C&R myself, only that I dont need to do anything for long arms.

Cokebottle
05-01-2010, 8:35 PM
Isn't there some crazy law stating if you own a C&R license that you can't FTF firearms...dont know the laws for C&R myself, only that I dont need to do anything for long arms.
Nope.

The only difference (restriction wise) that is imposed on a C&R holder is that, what for you is a "cash and carry and forgetaboutit", for the C&R holder, it must be logged into his bound book, even if he bought it from a dealer like the $99 Mosins from Turners and Cinco Grande.
That means that when you sell to or buy from an 03 holder, he is going to ask you for your driver's license and jot that information down, where for a non-03, they just hand over the cash and you go on your merry way.