View Full Version : If you were to send an action to Patriot Arms:

03-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Which would it be? I'm specifically looking for an action in .308 so I can keep my shooting days more frequent. On the Patriot Arms website I have seen several actions shown in photographs of completed rifles. What intrigues me most is that they can GUARANTEE five shot groups within 1/2" MOA with a customer-supplied action and factory ammunition (Federal 168 etc.)
For the Remmy fans, can I get a factory receiver sent to me sans-stock?

What about the Winny 70?

What about a Sako?

What are your thoughts?

BTW, their base-line rifle is basically $1,800 including the customer supplied reciever.

I have asked the same question of several different forums with a variety of replies and suggestions. Some say go Remington 700 and build up; some say go Accuracy Int'l. What do you say?

Any honest replies are greatly appreciated. Again, I'm not trying to stir the stuff, just looking for ideas; particularly as they pertain to a rifle of 1/2"moa under $2,000.

03-03-2006, 1:06 PM
Midway sells 700 action for, I believe, $300. Having said that this would be a good forum to ask the question:

03-03-2006, 1:19 PM
The Remington 700 is a fine action to build a quality rifle around.

I have owned several (and still own several) Remington 700's over the years, and have found them to be very accurate rifles.

Last year I purchased a 700 SPS stainless in 30-06 and have found this rifle to be the most accurate factory non-free floated rifle I have ever owned. 1 moa with 150 GR core-lokt PSP Remington Factory Ammo @100yrds (sunnyvale). I suspect I could cut that down if I got a trigger job.

I thought about buying an action from brownells and having a rifle built by Nor Cal Precision, but after wieghing the cost/benefit, I felt a factory rifle was more of a value.

Just a suggestion:

Have you thought about a 700 p with a very good trigger job? Just a thought.