PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Rod and Gun Club needs a show of force. SF library May 12, 2010. 3:30-7:00pm

unusedusername
05-01-2010, 1:37 AM
Hello all,

The Pacific Rod and Gun club needs some help. I'm posting this by request.

Please post if you can attend so we can get a headcount.

Updates will be posted as they are available.

We are now in the "Home Stretch" of preventing the Lake Merced Watershed Plan from contributing to the future demise of the Pacific Rod & Gun Club. The month of May is going to be a critical turning point for us to avoid our "Waterloo."

One thing is certain, the last chance we will have to voice our opinions in a Public Arena about the Lake Merced Watershed Plan, will be on Wednesday, May 12, 2010, at the San Francisco Main Library, 100 Larkin Street, San Francisco, 94102. There will be a community "Open House" in the Latino/Hispanic Meeting Rooms between 3:30pm and 7:00pm.

Please send me an email at fmt@hotmail.com and let me know if you can make it, how many people in your group and what time would be best for you between those above listed hours. The library is right across the street from the Civic Center Garage so parking will be no problem. There may also be a few members that you could "car pool" with from the Club Parking lot on that day as we will also be open for our normal shooting hours.

I will be very busy in the next 10 days getting ready for this endeavor that I have nicknamed "Seeing is believing." The last major showing of support for our club was in April, 2008 at the Sunset District Recreation Center. Until the SFPUC actually saw our turnout, nobody would have believed it. This time we need to top that.

We can use all the support we can get, it is extremely important for our supporters to have some knowledge about the actual "Lake Merced Watershed Plan." That information will be posted on the SFPUC website (www.sfwater.org (http://www.sfwater.org)) sometime in early May.

We also need our supporters to realize that the 2nd Amendment is not the issue that needs attention at this particular venue. The Pacific Rod & Gun Club needs to show that our being a tenant on city property is beneficial and appropriate for the Public at large and that we provide many other public services besides target shooting.

I will pass on details as they become available to me.

Thanks for the help.

Semper Fi,

Fred Tautenhahn

unusedusername
05-03-2010, 3:49 PM
Bump for more readers