PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Daley wants world mayors to sue US gun companies at the World Court

Milsurp Collector
04-30-2010, 8:03 PM
April 27, 2010

BY FRAN SPIELMAN City Hall Reporter

Six years after the state Supreme Court dismissed his $433 million lawsuit against the gun industry, Mayor Daley today called for a change of venue — to the World Court normally reserved for disputes between nations and crimes against humanity.

Wrapping up the sixth annual Richard J. Daley Global Cities Forum, Daley convinced more than a dozen of his counterparts from around the world to approve a resolution urging "redress against the gun industry through the courts of the world" in The Hague.

"This is coming from international mayors. They're saying, 'We’re tired of your guns, America. ... We don't want those anymore because guns kill and injure people,' " Daley told a news conference at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

"If we ship over poison to a country, don’t you think we should be responsible for it? That’s what they’re saying: 'Be responsible for what you manufacture and sell in my country.' ... You have to think outside the box. You have to be [aggressive] about how you protect your people."

Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard Casauban noted that the Mexican government is waging a brutal war against drug cartels that get “85 percent” of their weapons from the United States.

"The U.S. government says, 'We cannot do a lot of things to stop this,'" Casauban said. "We should take actions with legal effects in order to stop this trade between the United States and Mexico."

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter acknowledged that using the World Court is a long-shot. But, he said “you never know until you try” and it’s worth a try to counter the political muscle and money of the National Rifle Association.

"We have to do different things. The political establishment in many state capitals — and certainly in Washington — [is] so deathly afraid of the NRA that people cannot make the right decision for their own constituents," Nutter said.

He added, "People are being killed every day in the United States of America with illegal weapons. I love the 2nd Ammendment. [But], I have a 1st Ammendment right not to be shot."

Gun violence also dominated a panel discussion earlier in the day at the Global Cities Forum.

It happened when Daley argued that Chicagoans have to "open our hearts and our pocketbooks" to save another generation from being lost.

"We don't say, 'Come to us.' Government has to go to them. They’re isolated. Maybe they have a substance abuse problem. The grandmother is 70 years old and raising grandchildren. ... We have to intervene in a different way we never have before. We have to have more homes for children, such as Boys and Girls Town to help them at earlier ages,” the mayor said.

"This idea of losing a 14-year-old to gangs and drugs in America is unacceptable. It is not a criteria we should ever live with."

Daley’s 1998 lawsuit accused the gun industry of creating a public nuisance by using irresponsible suburban gun shops to flood the city with guns that traffickers supplied to criminals.

The city and the county sought reimbursement for policing, emergency services and prosecutions tied to gun violence using nuisance laws normally reserved for polluters. In 2004, the state Supreme Court refused to create, what it called "an entirely new species of public nuisance liability."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/2206864,daley-gun-lawsuit-world-court-042710.article

bodger
04-30-2010, 8:05 PM
Ridiculous. I suppose he would want U.N. troops to go door to door to take the guns as well.
I'm sure all the gang members in Chicago would be happy to comply.

Ding126
04-30-2010, 8:07 PM
..wack job,
anything can kill when it's applied

RobG
04-30-2010, 8:22 PM
Well we all know it isn't handguns killing people there since they are banned:rolleyes:

Regulus
04-30-2010, 8:22 PM
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter added, "People are being killed every day in the United States of America with illegal weapons. I love the 2nd Ammendment. [But], I have a 1st Ammendment right not to be shot."

His last name fits him. He's a nut job. You can keep your First Amendment right to ask not to be shot, I'll keep my Second Amendment right to ensure I can shoot back and defend myself regardless of what any politician from Illinois or Pennsylvania, any international politician or some World Court says.

Legasat
04-30-2010, 8:38 PM
F*** Mayor Daley and all that support him

POLICESTATE
04-30-2010, 8:47 PM
Silly mayor, the world court has no jurisdiction in our borders. He's just making a bunch of noise to pander for votes in the future. Just another typical politician.

cdtx2001
04-30-2010, 8:47 PM
"We don't want those anymore because guns kill and injure people"

Guns kill people just like pencils misspell words.

POLICESTATE
04-30-2010, 8:49 PM
"We don't want those anymore because guns kill and injure people"

Maybe the mayor should lead by example by ordering the Chicago PD to turn in their weapons. Nothing gets people on your side like practicing what you preach.

mbarnes
04-30-2010, 9:01 PM
We ship cars, alcohol, cigarettes and those kill more than guns.

sniper5
04-30-2010, 9:03 PM
He's losing his "cause", and knows MacDonald will not go his way and he's getting desperate.

This is how politicians demonstrate panic.

nk-1911
04-30-2010, 9:22 PM
Maybe the mayor should lead by example by ordering the Chicago PD to turn in their weapons. Nothing gets people on your side like practicing what you preach.

and his bodyguards should stop carrying guns.

The Director
04-30-2010, 9:31 PM
Daley's a maggot!

2009_gunner
04-30-2010, 10:15 PM
At least he's doing a good job of sealing his legacy for the history books

POLICESTATE
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
At least he's doing a good job of sealing his legacy for the history books

Yeah only a rube from Chicago would think anyone gives 2 turds what the mayor of Chicago did in any era. :p

Apocalypsenerd
04-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Aren't most of the weapons used by the Mexican cartels sold to the Mexican govt by the US govt for drug interdiction?

Am I wrong on that?

I was under the impression most weapons used by the cartels were military weapons with autofire and other such civilian illegal traits here in the US.

Legasat
04-30-2010, 10:59 PM

Yes, and matches start fires...

BroncoBob
05-01-2010, 8:44 AM
Is there a turd farm in Chicago from which morons like this come from?

SanPedroShooter
05-01-2010, 8:54 AM
welcome to the new world order. This guy is a kook. if gun manufactures went out of business, where would his bodyguards get the firepower to protect him from "his people"

vantec08
05-01-2010, 9:02 AM
. . . . . .. one more effort by politicians to AVOID holding people responsible.

mcholak
05-01-2010, 9:07 AM
Forget the logic he is applying, how many of the guns being used in these 3rd world countries are coming from here? It seems to me every shot you see out of the middle east or Africa are AK's, not AR's, 870's,etc. Why not ***** at Russia? Oh yeah, cause Putin as crazy and will tell you what to do with yourself.

glbtrottr
05-01-2010, 10:44 AM
i can only wonder how many have died at his request.

Richard M Daley Mare of Chicago is the most corrupt politician I have ever met, and sadly many of his cronies are now all over the white house. Political parties aside, the man is a scumbag...and guns are but a few of the things that keep us safe from douchebag wannabe dictators like him.

radioburning
05-01-2010, 11:09 AM
insane.

CCWFacts
05-01-2010, 12:43 PM
He's speaking without engaging any logic. He is where he is because he knows how to speak emotionally, saying things that are based not on reason, but on pure emotion and emotional response. And that's what this is. As much as I dislike California's liberal politicians, I wouldn't trade them for Mayor Daley.

Aegis
05-01-2010, 2:16 PM
IMO word has leaked from SCOTUS that Chicago is going to lose McDonald and this partisan hack Daley is grasping at straws. Daley is a complete failure as a mayor and many streets in Chicago are as dangerous as those in Mexico where drug wars are taking place. Daley has a selective recognition of the US constitution and has no business being a mayor or holding any public office.

Most people in this country don't care what Daley has to say. He has no ethics or morals and is tied to one of the most corrupt families in US history.

DarthSean
05-01-2010, 2:29 PM
Does the world Court have jurisdiction in any business in the US?
Does Obama have any authority that would allow him to help his friends in Chicago push the lawsuits?
Does the world court have any jurisdiction over firearm companies' foreign assets?

Sorry about all the questions but I'm a little uninformed about UN BS.

IMO word has leaked from SCOTUS that Chicago is going to lose McDonald and this partisan hack Daley is grasping at straws.
Do you have a credible source for this RUMOR? I hope it's true and I suspect it will be true even if your source is unreliable, but that's a bold claim to make without citing sources.

Mssr. Eleganté
05-01-2010, 3:01 PM
He added, "People are being killed every day in the United States of America with illegal weapons. I love the 2nd Ammendment. [But], I have a 1st Ammendment right not to be shot."

The Chicago Sun-Times has a First Amendment right to misspell the word "amendment". :)

PowderBurn1
05-01-2010, 3:32 PM
April 27, 2010

Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard Casauban noted that the Mexican government is waging a brutal war against drug cartels that get “85 percent” of their weapons from the United States.

How many of these said guns where obtained by someone illegal in the US?
How many of these guns were stolen?

Sutcliffe
05-01-2010, 3:56 PM
Daley's a maggot!

Maggots actualy fulfil an important role in the circle of life and we'd be in serious trouble if we no longer had their services. Daley, on the other hand........

bucket49
05-01-2010, 4:00 PM
I don't see what mare daleys concern is. Didn't they make some law(s) in chitown BANNING SIDEARMS. What could possibly go wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This buffoon was elected!

bulgron
05-01-2010, 4:11 PM
This buffoon was elected many, many times. I don't know if I want to accuse the people of Chicago of being idiots, or simply completely corrupt.

In any case, Daley is getting long in the tooth. Time cannot rid us of that big old pile of excrement fast enough.

Of course, all the most rabid anti-gunners are getting long in the tooth; Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi, Daley, Bloomberg -- the latest any of them was born was 1942. Which begs the question, how come evil lives so damn long, anyway?

Ed_in_Sac
05-01-2010, 4:12 PM
Same Mayors can claim the US Government isn't doing anything and appeal to the World Court for adjudication. In fact the court could not really do much, but our Executive branch can. They could use the World Court as an excuse to enter into a International treaty about gun control. Would imagine that same administration would argue the treaty supersedes 2a...but what else is new?

Flopper
05-01-2010, 4:15 PM
Aren't most of the weapons used by the Mexican cartels sold to the Mexican govt by the US govt for drug interdiction?

Am I wrong on that?

I was under the impression most weapons used by the cartels were military weapons with autofire and other such civilian illegal traits here in the US.

Yes, the cartels don't just come to an FFL across the border to get their guns.

Of course "some" of their weapons come from the US, but the great majority of those came illegally via the Mexican military and police.

What was left unreported in that awful hit piece a few months ago was that most of their guns come from outside N. America, where FA firearms and explosives can be bought at affordable prices ($75 for a FA AK anyone?).

big red
05-01-2010, 4:21 PM
Daley is just trying to make himself an international player and is falling miserably at it and he knows it. does this man even know how many "U.S." guns are actually made in the United States? All any foreign country has to do is shut down the factories inside their countries and the U.S. would be in a bad bind for weapons. Most U.S. weapons are made in other countries and other countries make their own to boot. Daley has no idea what he is talking about. I might have thought he was a fool but he opened his mouth and proved it. And the Mexican drug cartels are stealing their automatic "U.S." guns from their own government along with AK-47, Ak-74, and other foreign made guns. Mexico is laying the blame anyplace it can besides itself. Daley is a has been searching for something to give him the spotlight light again. Anyone know how to spell loser. It is DALEY in the new dictionary.

Aegis
05-01-2010, 8:15 PM
Do you have a credible source for this RUMOR? I hope it's true and I suspect it will be true even if your source is unreliable, but that's a bold claim to make without citing sources.

IMO = In My Opinion

No source, just a theory.

winnre
05-01-2010, 8:37 PM
So basically he wants to outlaw wars. An how will he enforce that?

I like this line: Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard Casauban noted that the Mexican government is waging a brutal war against drug cartels that get “85 percent” of their weapons from the United States.

Maybe Mexico needs to secure its border. :D

Scratch705
05-01-2010, 8:46 PM
what guns? i have really detailed paper weights.

Bob Ragen
05-01-2010, 9:52 PM
Is there a turd farm in Chicago from which morons like this come from?

Yes it's called Sacramento, and they only select the biggest and the brightess morons to transplant.

big red
05-01-2010, 11:09 PM
In Sacramento all it takes is for every gun owner to go down to the voting booth and vote out every sitting politican regardless of party to start a non-violent revolution. "No incumbent survives the vote" should be the battle cry.

yellowfin
05-02-2010, 5:02 AM
This buffoon was elected many, many times. I don't know if I want to accuse the people of Chicago of being idiots, or simply completely corrupt.High % unions, gerrymandering, and a long established political machine, much like CA but even worse.

Rainbow Warrior
05-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Have any of you guys heard King Richard speak publicly ? this guy is a full blown imbecile.
I honestly believe this man has a mental disorder.

Werewolf1021
05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
esNYL-7YJrg&feature=player_embedded

Giant tool.

winnre
05-02-2010, 12:14 PM
"Guns kill and injure people."

Ah, then why are their OWNERS in jail? Time for thousands of bad guys to ask for a new trial!

Marxman
05-02-2010, 1:01 PM
The Chicago Tribune

August 14, 2010

Mayor Daley passed away last night, having choked to death on his supper. The untimely death of the beloved politician has prompted world mayors to sue foodstuff companies world wide, urging an outright ban on food. Companies such as Mars Inc., Oscar Meyer, and Heinz are but a few of the entities mentioned in the pending lawsuit. Lawyers for the mayors made a brief statement for our reporters,

"The idea that food is this easy to get and so unregulated is an outrage and the fact that so many people do not comprehend its destructive qualities is appalling. These products have been killing and injuring people for the longest time. They possess high capacity cholesterol and calorie storage mechanisms which deal death with no regard for age, race, or religion and leads to the serious condition known as 'diabetes'. Surely it is common sense to ban food outright, or at least place reasonable restrictions on its usage. Thank you."

Americans remain bitterly divided on the issue while all of Europe is in agreement with the mayors. Many Americans say that food shouldn't be regulated, and that our forefathers would scoff at the very idea of food legislation. Others contend that food-regulation is long overdue. When asked why this issue is so important supporters of the lawsuit cited the massive increase in the condition 'shoulderthingupinitus' in children, prompting their new campaign slogan 'Think of the children.' In the interim period foods such as Twinkies, Ho-Hos, Cookies, Candy, Chocolates and other high fat or sugar content foods have been placed on a roster and are scheduled to be banned or strictly controlled within the next two weeks. This list is open to the discretion of Bureau of Food, Drink, and Dessert (BFDD) Agent Fig E. Chen, who launched his anti food crusade last month with Daley's approval. He has vowed to avenge the mayor's death, and to bring an end to all food-related death. He claims he is the only person qualified to do so.

With the battle looming overhead it's hard not to take sides, but one thing is for sure - Mayor Daley will be missed dearly.

CharlieK
05-02-2010, 1:06 PM
Ah the mind of a Progressive.

He knows what's best for you.

hill billy
05-02-2010, 1:57 PM
The Chicago Tribune

August 14, 2010

Mayor Daley passed away last night, .

My heart skipped a beat...

REH
05-02-2010, 2:01 PM
Sure the Mayor and the like are buffoons, but who are the idiots that keep voting them back into office. That is the problem. How can someone keep voting someone in who has the history of corruption and waste?

hill billy
05-02-2010, 2:03 PM
Sure the Mayor and the like are buffoons, but who are the idiots that keep voting them back into office. That is the problem. How can someone keep voting someone in who has the history of corruption and waste?

Because they stand to profit from said corruption and waste.

SkatinJJ
05-02-2010, 2:43 PM
The Chicago Tribune

August 14, 2010

Mayor Daley passed away last night, having choked to death on his supper. The untimely death of the beloved politician has prompted world mayors to sue foodstuff companies .....
............- Mayor Daley will be missed dearly.

ROFL :rofl2:

ttboy
05-02-2010, 3:15 PM
Mayor Daley=Poster boy for mental illness

bg
05-02-2010, 3:42 PM
That dumb a%% Daley. He has one of the worst crime problems going in
the U.S and he is going after firearms and NOT concentrating on the criminal
element ?

Scratch705
05-02-2010, 4:02 PM
element ?

b/c he knows there isn't anything to do to really stop criminals.

N6ATF
05-02-2010, 4:10 PM

Acute cases of lead poisoning, blood loss, and destruction of the central nervous system caused by law-abiding defenders can stop criminals... but since he IS a criminal, and represents his fellow criminals' safety above that of law-abiding citizens... he will continue to be a victim disarmer until the day he dies a free man, because the entire government refused to prosecute him for treason and accomplice to genocide.

Marxman
05-02-2010, 5:53 PM
That dumb a%% Daley. He has is one of the worst crime problems going in the U.S....

Fixed it for you.

chuckdc
05-02-2010, 6:04 PM
Can we sue Mexico in the World Court for sending so many of their citizens across our border illegally? That has a lot more truth to it than Daley's crap.

ttboy
05-02-2010, 6:44 PM
Speaking of another POS Bloomberg NYC mayor on the bomb found in SUV in Times square listed the items that they found in the SUV and mention fireworks which I assume can't be sold in NY but can be found in Pennsylvania, how the hell does he know that?? He uses the same blame game when Illegal guns are purchased in neighboring states and brought in to NY. What a TURD!!!

yellowfin
05-02-2010, 7:01 PM
element ?He doesn't want the crime to go down. It makes for the perfect extortion racket for him:

1. Push policies that promote crime.
2. Take away citizens' gun rights so they can't defend themselves.
3. Citizens demand SOMETHING be done, but since they as individuals can't, government is the only answer.
4. Budget for police and government goes up. Crime, however, doesn't go down, so the problem persists, but government gets more power and more money.
5. Blame gun owners for continued problems and repeat steps 1-4.

L.A., NYC, Boston, etc. all do the same thing. It is nothing more than simple extortion and racketeering plain as day but they still get away with it. Why it is so hard for people to call a spade a spade baffles and angers me. I guess nobody has courage anymore, and we don't care about doing the right thing so much as the easy thing just going along with it so we don't have to get our hands dirty.

Marxman
05-02-2010, 7:02 PM
Speaking of another POS Bloomberg NYC mayor on the bomb found in SUV in Times square listed the items that they found in the SUV and mention fireworks which I assume can't be sold in NY but can be found in Pennsylvania, how the hell does he know that?? He uses the same blame game when Illegal guns are purchased in neighboring states and brought in to NY. What a TURD!!!

'Not my problem, fireworks are illegal here' which really reads 'I'm an incompetent f%$-up who cant take responsibility for anything and need someone to shift the focus onto, and I don't care who gets harmed or framed in the process. Integrity? What are you talking about?'

winnre
05-02-2010, 7:10 PM

He sees gun owners as criminals, he takes away the legal ones and so he thinks he reduced crime.

I told my girlfriend this story. She asked "If guns are taken away who will defend us? YES! SHE GETS IT!

cineski
05-02-2010, 7:27 PM
:eek::yes:

He doesn't want the crime to go down. It makes for the perfect extortion racket for him:

1. Push policies that promote crime.
2. Take away citizens' gun rights so they can't defend themselves.
3. Citizens demand SOMETHING be done, but since they as individuals can't, government is the only answer.
4. Budget for police and government goes up. Crime, however, doesn't go down, so the problem persists, but government gets more power and more money.
5. Blame gun owners for continued problems and repeat steps 1-4.

L.A., NYC, Boston, etc. all do the same thing. It is nothing more than simple extortion and racketeering plain as day but they still get away with it. Why it is so hard for people to call a spade a spade baffles and angers me. I guess nobody has courage anymore, and we don't care about doing the right thing so much as the easy thing just going along with it so we don't have to get our hands dirty.

Ed_in_Sac
05-02-2010, 7:41 PM
Can we sue Mexico in the World Court for sending so many of their citizens across our border illegally? That has a lot more truth to it than Daley's crap.

Great idea, second the motion. Will probably need to be a group who has been harmed by Mexico's actions...oh WAIT WE ARE:o

REH
05-02-2010, 9:25 PM
I'm sorry, I still don't see it. The people in Chicago can't read the papers, see it in the news, hear it on the radio, that their city is in the tank with crime? Maybe I'm just giving to much credit to the people of Chicago and their grip on common sense.

dark_ninja
05-02-2010, 10:04 PM
This buffoon was elected many, many times. I don't know if I want to accuse the people of Chicago of being idiots, or simply completely corrupt.

In any case, Daley is getting long in the tooth. Time cannot rid us of that big old pile of excrement fast enough.

Of course, all the most rabid anti-gunners are getting long in the tooth; Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi, Daley, Bloomberg -- the latest any of them was born was 1942. Which begs the question, how come evil lives so damn long, anyway?

Pact with the Devil. This world is indeed the real hell,is it not?:devil2:

dark_ninja
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
What have a bunch of ****heads running OUR COUNTRY!

glbtrottr
05-02-2010, 11:08 PM
People in the City of Chicago are accustomed to being bombarded with crime. Slums downtown are fairly common. Cabrini Green, fairly rough slum, is only a block or two from some of the most affluent real estate in Chicago, the Gold Coast. Crime is everywhere. Under the guise of revitalizing neighborhoods and reducing crime, which brings money to the developers, where every palm gets greased, the voting citizens are happy as they believe their neighborhoods are getting better. Taxes are unreal, parking is obscene, and every possible service we would typically take for granted here, Chicago figures out a way to rape the citizens on.
Chicago Cops are...different.
Aldermen control everything, from permitting to development to many other things.
Daley is a scumbag. He is in the middle of it all. Votes are bought and sold everywhere. Unions are strong and healthy in Chicago. Such a beautiful city, such great people, such lame government.

Bill Carson
05-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Why doesn't he go after the cigarette or alcohol company's

Merc1138
05-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Wait, did that tool say "Mayor of Mexico"? Doesn't he mean Mexico City? Why would anyone listen to this guy if he can't even get the names of other well known cities correct?

And of course like other people have mentioned, what about all of the guns that come out of Russia and the former Soviet Union that litter the streets of a lot of third world countries that are constantly at war with eachother? It's funny, whenever Africa, the middle east, South America, etc are in the news I don't see the latest warlord's guerilla troops with m-16s. barret rifles, colt revolvers, spinrgfield 1911s, etc. I see them with a few dozen AK variants, SKS, Tokarevs, and various Norinco produced arms.

It seems even the bulk of that is just from weapons caches and armories that have just changed hands every 6 months for the past 30+ years every time the local governments get overturned. Heck, it should tell you something about the stability of some places when you don't see arms produced by "western" companies constantly getting handed back and forth between coup de tats.

warbird
05-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Alcohol and cigarettes are addictions that make money for him and his friends. Guns that defend innocent citizens don't so he is against them. God forbid innocent citzens start gunning down criminals when they start committing crimes and Daley has too many funerals to attend.

Merc1138
05-03-2010, 1:00 AM
Alcohol and cigarettes are addictions that make money for him and his friends. Guns that defend innocent citizens don't so he is against them. God forbid innocent citzens start gunning down criminals when they start committing crimes and Daley has too many funerals to attend.

I think someone just needs to remind this tool that the city he runs is not some utopia that everyone else should use as a template, and that it's really a giant steaming pile. And by reminding him, I mean vote him and his cronies out of office(unlikely, I know).

DarthSean
05-03-2010, 1:01 AM
Mayor Daley=Poster boy for mental illness
That's probably not far from the truth. There are a lot of mentally ill people that fear/disapprove of guns based on how they feel they would handle having one, and then assume others would act the same way. If he feels that strongly that people become mass murderers as soon as they handle a gun, they maybe the FBI behavioral analysis unit needs to pay a visit to his house and interview him.:TFH:

warbird
05-03-2010, 1:03 AM
A large majority of "American" guns are made in foreign countries. Google how many guns are made in the U.S. and not how many are made by U.S. companies. You might be surprised by the answers. No foreign government is going to thow out a U.S. gun manufacturer who took most of his manufacturing business out of the U.S. and sent it elsewhere. If your next new gun was not made and assembled entirely outside the U.S. then find out where the parts were made and is it was assembled here? See where Springfields 1911's are made. Most people think Rock Island armory come out of Nevada. It does not. Many of the guns Mexico complains about go from a factory outside the U.S. to Mexico and don't even stop in this country.

Merc1138
05-03-2010, 1:21 AM
A large majority of "American" guns are made in foreign countries. Google how many guns are made in the U.S. and not how many are made by U.S. companies. You might be surprised by the answers. No foreign government is going to thow out a U.S. gun manufacturer who took most of his manufacturing business out of the U.S. and sent it elsewhere. If your next new gun was not made and assembled entirely outside the U.S. then find out where the parts were made and is it was assembled here? See where Springfields 1911's are made. Most people think Rock Island armory come out of Nevada. It does not. Many of the guns Mexico complains about go from a factory outside the U.S. to Mexico and don't even stop in this country.

Oh I know, it's just more facts for people like this guy to ignore.

These people fail to realize that they're mayors, not celebrities. I can name 3 mayors besides the mayor of the town I live in. Newsom, Daley, Bloomberg. Why do I know these names? Their local policies have nothing to do with me, yet they just get themselves into the media constantly. I don't even know the name of the mayor of the city I work in off the top of my head, and he's got more relevance in my life than either of those 3 clowns.

BillCA
05-03-2010, 2:27 AM
Just thinkng out loud here...

Presuming, of course, that MacDonald incorporates our 2A rights against the states, it would essentially change the meaning of Section 22 of the Illiniois Constitution* by omitting the words "subject only to the police power".

If Daley continues to suggest that the world court adjudicate and manage litigation against the rights of U.S. Citizens, would he not then be guilty of any or all of the following?
* Violation of his oath of office.
* Malfeasance in office by acting without legal authority
* Sedition against the U.S. Constitution and the laws of the country.
* Treason by acting to subvert the Constitution

* SECTION 22. RIGHT TO ARMS - Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. (Source: Illinois Constitution.)

Cobrafreak
05-03-2010, 4:33 AM
This is how the war will begin if it ever does.

Ed_in_Sac
05-03-2010, 5:34 AM
I think someone just needs to remind this tool that the city he runs is not some utopia that everyone else should use as a template, and that it's really a giant steaming pile. And by reminding him, I mean vote him and his cronies out of office(unlikely, I know).

That's right, he should stop blaming the crime problem on the gun and ammo manufacturers outside of State. His "associates" are the cause of crime and killings.

Marxman
05-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Just thinkng out loud here...

Presuming, of course, that MacDonald incorporates our 2A rights against the states, it would essentially change the meaning of Section 22 of the Illiniois Constitution* by omitting the words "subject only to the police power".

If Daley continues to suggest that the world court adjudicate and manage litigation against the rights of U.S. Citizens, would he not then be guilty of any or all of the following?
* Violation of his oath of office.
* Malfeasance in office by acting without legal authority
* Sedition against the U.S. Constitution and the laws of the country.
* Treason by acting to subvert the Constitution

* SECTION 22. RIGHT TO ARMS - Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. (Source: Illinois Constitution.)

I can definitely see those four even without McDonald. Superseding the US Judicial Branch by running to the UN World Court to infringe upon international commerce and disrupt supplies to our soldiers in time of war (what's going to happen when Colt, etc. are held up in a lawsuit) seems in dereliction of any allegiance to this country and our constitution, let alone an oath of office.