PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best single stage ar trigger?

KaLiFORNIA
04-30-2010, 5:49 PM
Who do you run? RRA?SSA?

Jwood562
04-30-2010, 6:32 PM
I run timneys and love them. easy drop in, no need for adjustment and lifetime warranty

killshot44
04-30-2010, 6:38 PM
I'm sure others will suggest JP or LMT but.....

I love by the Triggers done by Bill Springfield. He sells them whole or can mod your stock trigger. Does weights from 2lbs to 4lbs. He made me a 1 3/4lb trigger that breaks like an icicle. He also can improve two-stage triggers. http://triggerwork.net/ar15s.html

bcrich
04-30-2010, 6:42 PM
My timney has been sent to the shop for warranty repairs 2 times, first time wouldn't reset I had to push it forward like a cz set trigger and the second time was because it would fire in bursts. So far it works good but lost confidence in them, cant vote for timney.

ArkinDomino
04-30-2010, 6:51 PM
SSAs are not single stages. A properly installed JP is very nice.

KaLiFORNIA
04-30-2010, 8:11 PM
What's the difference from jp to Timneys. Bill sounds great but I don't want to send my gun away if I don't have to

SoCalRandy
04-30-2010, 8:16 PM
What's the difference from jp to Timneys. Bill sounds great but I don't want to send my gun away if I don't have to

You wouldn't have to send your gun away, just the fire control group. If you don't want to do that just get a Timney and be done with it!

dg29
04-30-2010, 8:19 PM

You would only send him the trigger parts. His turn around time is fairly quick. He's done a 3lb. and a 4lb. with the speed hammer modification on a couple of mine.

bombadillo
04-30-2010, 8:31 PM
timney or JP. the CMC triggers are supposedly all right but I haven't shot one yet so I can't be the judge. Some also swear by Jewel. Myself I'd go for a timney, but I prefer a 2 stage trigger so it'll continue to be geissele or ARgold from americantrigger.com

3GunFunShooter
04-30-2010, 8:33 PM
I put a JP in my 3 gun set up and now I have had to the JP triggers in all my AR rifles, even my 22LR Spikes lower.

Group B
04-30-2010, 8:59 PM
The upcoming non-adjustable trigger from AR Gold/PACT sounds really good:

Our non-adjustable trigger feels the same as the adjustable, which is to say like a fine bolt gun trigger (single stage) with a light 1911 like take up in front of it.

It will be set for 4.5lbs. +/- .5

xjz
04-30-2010, 9:04 PM
I'm interested in the MEGA tactical trigger which is a single stage adjustable trigger but I haven't heard much about it. It also looks pretty bling (http://www.megamachineshop.com/armscatalog/MTT-801B/loader.html) in chrome. :cool2:

jmcclesk
04-30-2010, 9:45 PM
marking for future info!

Nookieaki
04-30-2010, 9:58 PM
I've been eyeballing the Geissele SSA myself, I hear a LOT of good things about Geissele.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Geissele-AR15-Super-Semi-Automatic-Trigger-p/geissele%20ssa%20trigger%20spin.htm

swift
04-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I have the DMR and the SSA. The DMR is _slightly_ crisper. I'll be buying SSA triggers for my future builds.

For single stage, I have a JP that is quite nice.

THT
05-01-2010, 7:19 AM
I've been eyeballing the Geissele SSA myself, I hear a LOT of good things about Geissele.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Geissele-AR15-Super-Semi-Automatic-Trigger-p/geissele%20ssa%20trigger%20spin.htm

The SSA is a fine trigger but it's a two-stage. That being said, let me know if you're in the market for one as I am a direct, authorized dealer for Geissele and my shipped price is probably the lowest around without violating their MAP.

gregorylucas
05-01-2010, 8:24 AM
I have and have used DPMS, Model 1 Sales, Stag and Doublestar with no problems.

To me if it clicks and gos boom everytime its the best!

-Greg

foxtrotuniformlima
05-01-2010, 8:47 AM
My top 3 in no particular order;

A JP trigger installed by them is second to none.

I have felt a Jard that was installed by a very competent gunsmith that I liked every bit as much as my JP.

Accuracy Speaks has a fantastic reputation as well.

KaLiFORNIA
05-15-2010, 7:00 AM
UPDATE love my new timny trigger

Cobrafreak
05-15-2010, 7:20 AM
I have a Timney 3# on my 16" carbine. It does great things to your group size. Totally changes the character of the weapon.

podobo
05-15-2010, 7:34 AM
Timney and Wilson, both are great but I like my Wilson better.

LasVegasTaxMan
05-15-2010, 7:47 AM
I'm interested in the MEGA tactical trigger which is a single stage adjustable trigger but I haven't heard much about it. It also looks pretty bling (http://www.megamachineshop.com/armscatalog/MTT-801B/loader.html) in chrome. :cool2:

I have the Mega trigger in black and chrome. I have fired the black trigger once and have to tell you that for the $70 bucks I paid it is a wonderful adjustable trigger.

It is easy to install however I am still working out the adjustments to try and get it perfectly dialed in. There is not much creep at all and its probably pulling at about 4 lbs however I have no way of measuring; this is just my estimate when comparing it to other triggers I have used.

rogtac
05-15-2010, 8:02 AM
The SSA is a fine trigger but it's a two-stage. That being said, let me know if you're in the market for one as I am a direct, authorized dealer for Geissele and my shipped price is probably the lowest around without violating their MAP.

I am in the market for a couple SSA triggers. Is your price better than $165? Thanks!