PDA

View Full Version : S.B.County Sheriff Candidate Paul Schrader

Ken H
04-30-2010, 4:57 PM
This is for those residents who live in San Bernardino County and other members of this website.

I know how important the CCW issue is for all of us and has been the topic of hundreds of conversations.

Sheriff's Candidate Paul Schrader is running for San Bernardino County Sheriff and is on the CCW platform of, if you can pass a background check, YOU WILL be issued a CCW permit.

Mr.Schrader is a 27 year veteran of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. I have spoken to Mr.Schrader more than a couple of times and he is a get back to the basics kinda of guy.

Better yet, he is not connected to anyone in politics in San Bernardino County.

Some of you might know the County is embroiled in various corruption scandals right now that involve just about every department in the County including the Sheriff's Department and current Sheriff Rod Hoops.

For those of you who don't know there has not been a viable candidate run for that office in 54 years, YES 54 years the current Sheriff has been appointed to office by the Sheriff who is retiring.

Sorry to say a good old boy system has been in place for a very long time. Without question that alone can lead to deep rooted corruption and it has.

Mr.Schrader has spent the last few weekends beating the streets in all cities in the County and is gaining support quickly.

You can go to Mr.Schraders website at www.sheriffpaul.net. Click under the heading of Fresh Start and read his view on the CCW issue.

Mr.Schrader is hoping that if Bill Hunt is elected in Orange County with his stance on CCW, and if Schrader is elected Sheriff, together they might send a message to the rest of the State when they do start issuing CCW's to those residents who want them.

I hope some of our leaders of this website will contact Mr.Schrader and support him in his bid for Sheriff of San Bernardino County.

His cell phone number is on his website, he receives many calls everyday. He has always returned my call despite being very busy.

I just thought this should be mentioned since there are several other Counties being discussed here as it relates to CCW issues.

Thanks for looking.

1JimMarch
04-30-2010, 6:36 PM
Ah, San Diego. Same place I got arrested and spent 18hrs in jail for trying to observe an election. All charges (felony charges mind you) dropped a week later. One very messed up place.

This is relevant because when one part of a county's government goes corrupt, odds get worse across the rest. The starting place for cleanup is the sheriff's office.

(Sidenote: go observe the counting of the vote on election night in any California county. You'll find secondary monitors showing the central tabulator operations pointing at the viewing area. You're welcome - that's what came out of that arrest.)

Roadrunner
04-30-2010, 6:58 PM
I wouldn't trust anyone from either county to tell me the truth, so I'm very skeptical about any candidate having a shall issue like CCW policy ready as soon as they are elected.

1_Grendel
04-30-2010, 7:44 PM
what is his chances at this point in the election (latest poll results)?

Knauga
04-30-2010, 9:24 PM
I've asked him before how he would differ from Rod Hoops outside of the CCW issue and I never got a straight answer. I for one am not impressed and a bit apprehensive at the thought of having an LA County Sheriff's Deputy becoming Sheriff of San Bernardino County.

He isn't even all that different on CCW policy than Rod Hoops.

Ken H
05-01-2010, 7:02 AM
Grendel I have not see to poles myself.

Knauga a question. How is Hoops and Schrader not different in CCW policy?

Hoops does not issue a CCW to everyone who can pass a background check, it is VERY selective process. Yes the Sheriff has issued more CCW's than other Sheriff's.

Hoops has been in office a little over a year.

Why would someone from LA County not be a good candidate in San Bernardino?

It is about time that those connected to the San Bernardino County system be replaced by someone not so beholding to certain local wealthy citizens.

ChaparralCommando
05-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Could the OP please edit the thread title to spell out "San Bernadino"? There other other people interested in San Benito county. Thanks!

When I saw S.B. I thought Santa Barbara Co.

Knauga
05-01-2010, 8:28 PM
Grendel I have not see to poles myself.

Knauga a question. How is Hoops and Schrader not different in CCW policy?

Hoops does not issue a CCW to everyone who can pass a background check, it is VERY selective process. Yes the Sheriff has issued more CCW's than other Sheriff's.

Hoops has been in office a little over a year.

Why would someone from LA County not be a good candidate in San Bernardino?

It is about time that those connected to the San Bernardino County system be replaced by someone not so beholding to certain local wealthy citizens.

Hoops, like his predecessors issue for Personal Protection. Used to be you had to throw in a qualifier, from what I understand from recent applicants, "Personal Protection" alone is enough.

I just don't trust somebody from LA County... especially someone who won't just come out with a straight answer as to how they are different on the remainder of the issues. I see nothing in his history that qualifies him to run a Sheriff's Dept.

winnre
05-01-2010, 9:45 PM
Could the OP please edit the thread title to spell out "San Bernadino"? There other other people interested in San Benito county. Thanks!

Add an R so it is San Bernardino. BTW SB is the abbreviation for Santa Barbara, and SBO is the abbreviation for San Bernardino.

Ironmany2k
05-17-2010, 5:10 PM
any other thoughts on Paul Schrader? I have friend here who is supporting him on his pro CCW stance and if what he says is true I could support him also, but we know that Hoops is a shall issue if you jump thu the hoops (sorry) and I don't want to head in the wrong direction.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

SHERIFFPAUL
05-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Marine,
I did not spend 4 years in the Marines to allow a politician to take my guns.
I am a pro 2nd and 10th amendment sheriff's candidate in San Bernardino County.
God bless those with CCW's now in SB county. I hear from folks everyday that have been denied for the justification part. If you say you want a CCW because when you leave your business at night and you are afraid you will be robbed you will be denied. I have been told this more that once. I checked at SBSD with the female investigator and she said yes Hoops does not want CCWs used in any manner with a business. I have listened to people all over the county who have been denied for other bogus reasons.
What will I do?
I will streamline the CCW process. If you meet the basic qualification and the only reason other than the basics qualifications is, "I want my 2nd amendment rights!" I do not think justifying a right by writing an essay about how someone is trying to hurt you needs to be part of this process. It is your right.
I also support open carry.
I will stand in the gap for 2nd amendment rights and will fight to knock down the walls to protect these right.

I was also the only sheriff's candidate at the Ontario Gun show to support the right to carry.

Call me if anyone has questions.

Paul Schrader
909-732-6964
www.sheriffpaul.net