PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Youtube showing seizure in New Jersey

YubaRiver
04-30-2010, 4:28 PM
I didn't come up with anything on a search of Calguns.

Sounds like in New Jersey
they limit the number of guns you can own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4EXrCZm-cE&feature=channel

Merc1138
04-30-2010, 4:48 PM
No, they clearly said that in 1975 he lost his ability to buy guns somehow. Not because he "had too many".

Of course how they would have just magically wound up in the "hands of criminals" I have no idea, damn media. But apparently this guy did something at some point where he wasn't allowed to own guns anymore. But instead of giving those details, the media tells us the cops "got guns off the street".

Josey Wales
04-30-2010, 5:31 PM
The CJCPD emphasizes "...no MORE guns", not "he is not to have guns". He was barred from buying guns according to the report. Is this to say someone cannot give, barter, trade them to him? They also omit if he was charged with anything.

Wonder what tipped them off to the guy. Didn't hear the media say anything about a man spotted with an arsenal walking down the street.

Man, I thought Kali was bad...

56Chevy
04-30-2010, 5:42 PM
What do you expect from a state famous for toxic waste?

Merc1138
04-30-2010, 6:55 PM
The CJCPD emphasizes "...no MORE guns", not "he is not to have guns". He was barred from buying guns according to the report. Is this to say someone cannot give, barter, trade them to him? They also omit if he was charged with anything.

Wonder what tipped them off to the guy. Didn't hear the media say anything about a man spotted with an arsenal walking down the street.

Man, I thought Kali was bad...

Or they took them away and he's not allowed to have any more guns. Notice how I just used the word "more"? There was absolutely nothing to indicate the man was limited in the number of guns he could buy. They were very clear that in the 70's he lost his right to get more guns after he presumably had some taken away, however as I said the news reporter and the cops apparently decided to skip that part of the explanation.

Yes, buying 1 gun is more than 0 guns. Jersey is not known for being particularly articulate with the English language(or having more than a basic grasp of it).

SoCal50Lover
04-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm originally from Jersey and I never heard that. I had 16 hand guns at one time and I got permits to buy from the chief of police with no problem. Took a little while between but nothing out of the ordinary.