PDA

View Full Version : Gun cleaning supplies (Bay Area)

Cyc Wid It
04-30-2010, 3:20 PM
So I thought I'd be lazy and order some more cleaning supplies from Brownell's but they won't ship a lot of the stuff to CA because of Haz restrictions. I figure I might add them in to an upcoming Amazon order I have to make anyway, but maybe there's a local shop that can help me out. Any place I can pick up some Gun Scrubber specifically and some more Breakfree at a reasonable price?

loudninja
04-30-2010, 3:22 PM
pretty sure i spotted gun scrubber at big5. walmart has cleaning supplies as well

Cyc Wid It
04-30-2010, 3:23 PM
Really? I guess it goes to show I haven't been in a Big 5 in years. Thanks for the heads up.

dirtykoala
04-30-2010, 3:25 PM
Last week bay area gun vault and reeds both had both products iirc

Just-in
04-30-2010, 3:33 PM
Where are you in the Bay Area?
Target Masters in Milpitas has an assortment of cleaning supplies.

stix213
04-30-2010, 4:26 PM
Yeah I always buy gun scrubber from big 5 as well. Last time I was in there they had both the original and the newer synthetic safe versions. Synthetic safe version by the way works almost as good, and doesn't seem to damage my plastic parts as long as I clean it off within a short period of time.

Cyc Wid It
05-03-2010, 8:24 PM
Looks like Big 5 doesn't stock Gun Scrubber anymore (at least the one I went to). Any other suggestions?

Z ME FLY
05-03-2010, 8:29 PM
Looks like Big 5 doesn't stock Gun Scrubber anymore (at least the one I went to). Any other suggestions?

Where in the Bay Area are you? Walmart is a good bet. There are a bunch of Big 5s everywhere.

Turbinator
05-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Hold on, are you sure Brownells won't ship? I've ordered Wipe Out from them a couple of times and while the boxes do show up UPS ground with Hazmat stickers - I got the goods.

What are you trying to order that is restricted?

Turby

weqo
05-03-2010, 10:15 PM
brownells shipped hoppes and breakfree to me...received it about 2 weeks ago in san francisco

Cyc Wid It
05-04-2010, 1:21 AM
All I had in my cart was Gun Scrubber, Break Free, Shooter's Choice. They held my order for a week, and when I checked on it it said Hazmat shipping restrictions.