PDA

View Full Version : trigger assemblies

NorCal MedTac
03-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Can someone explain to me the different types of triggers for the AR; two-stage,etc. I don't know really what to look for as I go to build my first one.

tenpercentfirearms
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
A single stage trigger has no slack, it just breaks and shoots.

A double stage trigger has about 1/8" travel known as the 1st stage and then it hits the 2nd stage that then breaks and shoots.

Generally the 2 stage triggers have a lighter second stage that is pretty nice in order to improve consistency and accuracy in competitions.

I have a Rock River two stage national match trigger set up and I think all of my rifles will eventually have one. They are super nice.

NorCal MedTac
03-03-2006, 8:09 PM
so what about the drop in trigger set ups and different manafacturers. I just want to make my first build go as easy as possible

glen avon
03-04-2006, 10:41 AM
they will all work, neither is really easier than the others, except the expensive McCormick units. but don't waste you money on one of those unless the rest of your gun is up to it, i.e., truly match grade. otherwise, the standard trigger is simple enough. remember - it's soldier-proof.

C.G.
03-04-2006, 8:10 PM
they will all work, neither is really easier than the others, except the expensive McCormick units. but don't waste you money on one of those unless the rest of your gun is up to it, i.e., truly match grade. otherwise, the standard trigger is simple enough. remember - it's soldier-proof.
True that they will all work, but some are crispier than others. Personally, I found Bushmaster consistantly crispy, but can't say that about some of the off-brands.

BigMac
03-04-2006, 9:25 PM
I like the rock river arms 2 stage setup. I'm going to be setting up two lowers with these this next week. Well, if they have their fixed mag kits I will..