PDA

View Full Version : J&G Sales??? WTF, they won't ship the WASR AKs they are advertising on calguns to CA

Solidsnake87
04-30-2010, 2:48 PM
I put together a small group buy for some friends for 5 Wasr10 AK rifles. I make the call to J&G about the rifles and 2 sales persons and the rep refused to ship the rifles they advertised here on the forums to CA. I see something wrong here......Even when I told them all they needed to do was remove the PG and dismantle the mag, they refused to do business. WTF. Has anybody else had this experience with them?

shark92651
04-30-2010, 2:51 PM
Did they confirm they would ship to CA prior to putting together the group buy and are now backing out?

rg_1111@yahoo.com
04-30-2010, 2:52 PM
Offer to send them BBs and they might.

Bizcuits
04-30-2010, 2:54 PM
Is it that they won't ship it without the pistol grip and only with a BB/P50/Raddlock or not at all? If they won't ship at all, I think it's rather BS that they're allowed to advertise here.

Solidsnake87
04-30-2010, 2:56 PM
Installing a BB takes as much effort as simply removing the pistol grip and dismantling the magazine to make it legal. They posted the ad for these rifles on a california gun forum in the commercial deals area. Shipping to CA is essentially implied. Why the hell they would advertise these things here and not ship them is beyond me.............they just lost 5 customers permanently. Too bad, I enjoyed getting ammo from them.

tm_jones123
04-30-2010, 2:58 PM
That sucks!

ldivinag
04-30-2010, 3:00 PM
could be the left arm doesnt know what the right arm is doing?

69Mach1
04-30-2010, 3:09 PM
I don't see anything in that forum regarding J&G. Can you post a link. There was a person posting J&G's sale, but that eas just a heads up from a member.

Solidsnake87
04-30-2010, 3:13 PM
I don't seem to see that ad anywhere myself. I'll try and search for it later.......its possible that it could be that member's message. I'm pretty sure it was a business posting though.

Social Casualty
04-30-2010, 4:38 PM
Trust me, I live in Prescott only 5 minutes from J&G. They will not do anything to help a sale like installing a BB or dismantling a mag. They are not great when coming to customer service and they honestly don't care about a loss of sale do to state regulations or anything for that matter.

muritku
04-30-2010, 7:56 PM
I don't seem to see that ad anywhere myself. I'll try and search for it later.......its possible that it could be that member's message. I'm pretty sure it was a business posting though.

is this the ad you looking for?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=296032

anniepoks
04-30-2010, 8:05 PM
Trust me, I live in Prescott only 5 minutes from J&G. They will not do anything to help a sale like installing a BB or dismantling a mag. They are not great when coming to customer service and they honestly don't care about a loss of sale do to state regulations or anything for that matter.

yes - i called them before regarding an AK deal with 500rnds of 7.62 -
as soon as they knew i was from mighty Cali, NO BUSINESS!

ZombieHunter90
04-30-2010, 8:08 PM
Ship to a middleman, guys. That's what I did. Allbeit, it wasn't from J&G but from Centerfire. Still, get it shipped to a middleman and then to CA.

MikeR
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
They wouldn't even sell me and others the .22 AK (WASR22?) "Because it uses AK parts"

What a crock of ****, i wrote them off awhile ago. Bastards.

Bolt2Bounce
04-30-2010, 10:46 PM
They lost my business years ago, they will not even sent stuff to a FFL dealer with a hicap mag permit.. they must really fear the Ca doj.. or they just hate californians.. that's possible also...:TFH: B2B

tonelar
04-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Buy what you want and have Quentin Laser in Arizona be your middleman FFL.
They'll remove the PG and dissassemble your mag before shipping it into Cali.

Mr Wizard
04-30-2010, 11:45 PM
So just how much $ is actually added to the price of a rifle to go through a middle man?
I used the search button before I asked and came up with approximately 90%increase . There is a wide range of transfer fees charged by CA ffl's , so not sure how accurate my numbers are.
example:
rifle- $369.95
tax- $32.37 (not sure which state)
shipping to AZ FFL- $40.00
1st FFL transfer fee- $15.00
CA compliance labor charge- $10-$20.00
CA compliance parts $25.00 average
shipping to CA FFL- $40.00
CA FFL transfer fee-$30-$150.00
CA Dros-$25.00
total-$592.32 up to $692.00

AlliedArmory
05-01-2010, 12:00 AM
So just how much $ is actually added to the price of a rifle to go through a middle man?
I used the search button before I asked and came up with approximately 90%increase . There is a wide range of transfer fees charged by CA ffl's , so not sure how accurate my numbers are.
example:
rifle- $369.95
tax- $32.37 (not sure which state)
shipping to AZ FFL- $40.00
1st FFL transfer fee- $15.00
CA compliance labor charge- $10-$20.00
CA compliance parts $25.00 average
shipping to CA FFL- $40.00
CA FFL transfer fee-$30-$150.00
CA Dros-$25.00
total-$592.32 up to $692.00

Well that is a little inaccurate because some of those fees you added will be added anyway.

Based on your numbers this is the added price you would be paying for a middleman

$40 shipping to AZ FFL (Most stores charge around $25, so $40 is a rip for shipping)
$15.00 1st FFL transfer fee
$10-$20 CA compliance labor charge

Your totals range from $65-85

All the rest of the charges you listed would be paid if getting a out of state transfer anyways

I remember contacting Henderson Defense a while ago about a middleman, and if I remember correctly it was going to be about $75 or so...maybe less

Mr Wizard
05-01-2010, 12:50 AM
See, when you put it that way, 85 bucks sounds reasonable.
Just so I understand, the only additional charges on an out of state purchase vs. what I would pay at a local gun shop would be:
Middleman fee-$65-$85 (includes shipping,transfer,BB parts and labor)
FFL out of state transfer fee- $30-$150

supertrooper
05-01-2010, 2:42 AM
wouldnt it be easyer to buy from a vender that offers the rifle with a BB installed? the whole middle man thing sound like a PITA.

Lissauer
05-01-2010, 6:26 AM
Quentin Laser is great to deal with and your easiest solution.

hk91666
05-01-2010, 6:47 AM
Call lan world in utah

http://www.lanworldinc.com/AK47.html

they will convert and ship

Mr Wizard
05-01-2010, 7:08 AM
wouldnt it be easyer to buy from a vender that offers the rifle with a BB installed? the whole middle man thing sound like a PITA.

I tend to agree on this, except when I see a vendor offering the same CA compliant firearm for twice the price as others.
For example, I am looking at a PPS-43C purchase. A local vendor offering it with BB installed for $500. Another is $345, but they will only ship to a middleman. On another forum, it is advertised for $279.
So being a novice on this subject, I am reaching out to see how cost effective it is to use a middle man.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that there are vendors like Quentin Laser offering to help us in CA gain access to products that would other wise be out of reach.

Solidsnake87
05-01-2010, 9:55 AM
I don't want a middleman. Middlemen cost $ I don't want to spend. I saw a good deal and they refused to sell. Their loss.

Z ME FLY
05-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't want a middleman. Middlemen cost $ I don't want to spend. I saw a good deal and they refused to sell. Their loss.

How much were you getting them for? If it around $400 or near it, it isn't that great of a deal.

Z ME FLY
05-01-2010, 10:07 AM
is this the ad you looking for?

That link actually states that the rifles have to go to a Middleman FFL.

Oregonish
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't understand why people get so pissed off when out of state vendors don't want to do business with CA. You do realize that ALL BB's are NOT DOJ approved. So technically, until it is reconized and approved, we're ALL taking a chance. People and business' can do whatever they want, this IS America you know.

Who said JG would ship to CA? Obviously you hadn't done your homework yet. Why blame them. Seriously, there are gunshops in THIS state that still want nothing to do with EBR's, because they're afraid of the state.

You know what, I don't blame them. They're afraid of the same reason we're all of afraid of, getting pulled over or questioned at the range about our rifles. A un-informed LEO, arresting us, seizing our firearm, and letting the "courts" figure it out. DUDE, IT HAPPENS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN. Why deal with all this state's shenanigans, with what may be a "gray" area, and lose everything.

Sounds, to me like you made an ASSUMPTION, and a really bad one from that.
Well, you know what ASSUME means right.

CALGUNS has plenty of vendors that will ship to CA, and have excellent prices. It's called "the vendor" section. Pick one and move on.

J&G has never posted anything here, FYI. If this is the thread:

Did you really read it, I think not, It's not from J&G.

:facepalm:

Vtec44
05-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Edit: J&G sales is not a vendor here so there's no expectation that they should ship products to CA>

Z ME FLY
05-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't blame him for making that assumption. Calguns.Net is a California firearm forums where California residences frequent. So if you're advertising on here, you will have a large number of California visitors and it's safe to assume that you want business from the visitors, thus, cater to their unique requirements. I don't know much about J&G Sales, but if it turns how they don't ship to California but advertise on a California gun forum then it doesn't make business sense for either side.

Uhhh but when did J&G EVER advertise here on calguns?

Vtec44
05-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Uhhh but when did J&G EVER advertise here on calguns?

I don't know much about J&G Sales, but if it turns how they don't ship to California but advertise on a California gun forum then it doesn't make business sense for either side.

Did you miss this part? :confused:

Z ME FLY
05-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Did you miss this part? :confused:

Maybe what you wrote I just misunderstand. Because it sounds like you are saying that it doesn't make sense they advertise here but yet don't ship to CA right?

My response is when did they ever advertise here?

Vtec44
05-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I guess I'm a bit wordy... but I meant *IF* indeed they do advertise but don't ship here.

Anywho, they DO NOT advertise on here. Thanks for the clarification.

Z ME FLY
05-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I guess I'm a bit wordy... but I meant *IF* indeed they do advertise but don't ship here.

Anywho, they DO NOT advertise on here. Thanks for the clarification.

Haha cool, sorry about that. I wish they would sell here but if the OP really wants a WASR, I know a place that's cheaper than J&G so the middleman fees wouldn't be as bad.