PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento/Folsom Nagant ammo in bulk? Where to buy?

dratner
04-30-2010, 9:08 AM
Don't know if this is the correct spot to place thread.

Looking to buy a 100 round box of mil surp 7.62x54r ammo locally today. Would prefer not to have to go online to buy. Also where to buy *any* of this ammo besides big 5.

f33dback
04-30-2010, 9:34 AM
Call river city gun exchange, they always have .45 and .223 ammo when I go in there, they may have that as well.
Be advised you will be giving a thumbprint if you buy from them.

ChrisTKHarris
04-30-2010, 9:37 AM
TDS has spam cans.

dratner
04-30-2010, 9:43 AM
TDS has spam cans.

TDS? Sorry I am new to the area. Is that the actual name of the store or the intials

sfonelson
04-30-2010, 10:34 AM
They are doing that already? As far as I know, they aren't legally bound to do that until the beginning of 2011.

Anyways, I always purchase all of my ammo online, for now...

Call river city gun exchange, they always have .45 and .223 ammo when I go in there, they may have that as well.
Be advised you will be giving a thumbprint if you buy from them.

ChrisTKHarris
04-30-2010, 10:56 AM
TDS? Sorry I am new to the area. Is that the actual name of the store or the intials

Tactical Defense Survival in Granite Bay.

www.TDSGuns.com

savageno4
04-30-2010, 1:02 PM
"Local" - There is a gun show in Roseville in a week or two...I forget exactly when, but it's at the fairgrounds (For some reason mid-May is actually sticking in my mind atm).

I get all of mine from these guys:

http://www.miwallcorp.com/miva/merchant.mv

They're based in Grass Valley and do the shows around here. You can get new production Hot Shot, S&B, Wolf, PRVI Partisan, etc., as well as surplus (18-20 cents a round if I recall their prices correctly from the Reno Gun Show two weeks ago).

They are opening their warehouse on Father's Day weekend in Grass Valley. My suggestion is not to buy 100 rounds - go surplus, buy 440 or 880 rounds and clean appropriately. My 91/30 shoots 6" groups at 200 yards with 1950s Bulgarian surplus light ball (147-grain).

dratner
04-30-2010, 1:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys. I actually bought some wolf ammo at River City Gun X. Not expensive at all but still not as cheap as online surplus cans.

I just wanted to get something today and didn't feel like paying the $20 + a box for ammo at Big 5.

If there is a gun show coming up, I definitely will go.

Bizcuits
04-30-2010, 1:58 PM
Guns N Stuff off Roseville Road in the Foot Hills / Watt Avenue and 80 area.
Wild Sports in Orangevale
Norse Armory in Woodland maybe the Gun Room in Elk Grove...

I'd avoid River City, because they are in the city limits and require a thumb print on ammo purchases.