PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wesson PM-7 at least one more available.

bombadillo
04-30-2010, 8:04 AM
I just bought one of the last dan wesson pm7's that buds could get supposedly and they were gone for about a week and a half after I bought mine, but they got another back in. Here's the link: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/17997
Looks like they're all discontinued off of the CZUSA website but there are a few hanging out around. I would buy one while you can!
Just got mine in yesterday to the gun shop and can't wait to see the thing.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/dw.png

RedFord150
04-30-2010, 8:25 AM
I got mine in January. You'll be a very happy man once you pick it up ;-).
They are tight. I use Tetra Gun Grease on the rails. I had 2 FTE's in the first 100 rounds using off brand steel cased ammo (it was all I could find), no problems since.
Enjoy!

GnarlyMilk
04-30-2010, 8:43 AM
My 10 days is up on the 6th... can't wait!!

wamphyri13
04-30-2010, 1:20 PM
They're not discontinued, here. They're still available to CA only distributors. Limited production of 200 each. (Cbob and PM-7) With the new options available on the Valor, there's no need for duplicate guns. Since the Cbob and PM-7 are the only thing on the CA roster, Keith will keep making them just for us.
Ryan

SoCalRandy
04-30-2010, 1:51 PM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/dw.png

That's a great looking 1911!!! Congrats! Is $1125 a good value for what you get with theses guns? I thought I had heard that the PM7 was a great value for a 1911. SoCal Guns in San diego has one in stock and it looks pretty nice in person too!

Sam
04-30-2010, 1:52 PM
They're not discontinued, here. They're still available to CA only distributors. Limited production of 200 each. (Cbob and PM-7) With the new options available on the Valor, there's no need for duplicate guns. Since the Cbob and PM-7 are the only thing on the CA roster, Keith will keep making them just for us.
Ryan

That's a classy move.

GB0
04-30-2010, 2:00 PM
That's a great looking 1911!!! Congrats! Is $1125 a good value for what you get with theses guns? I thought I had heard that the PM7 was a great value for a 1911. SoCal Guns in San diego has one in stock and it looks pretty nice in person too!

Here is a list of what the PM7 offers at that price:
http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-pointman-seven/

The Pointman Seven is a 5 series 70 style 1911 featuring a stainless steel frame and forged stainless steel slide. Like all Dan Wesson 1911s, Pointman models incorporate top quality parts from the best names in the industry

Forged, one piece match grade barrel and bushing.
Round top slide with Bo-Mar style adjustable target sight
Hand polished flat surfaces with contrasting bead blasted rounds
Flat, all steel 20-LPI checkered mainspring housing
Front and rear cocking serrations
Beveled magwell
All sharp edges dehorned by hand
Lowered and flared ejection port
Hand polished feed ramp
Ed Brown slide stop
Ed Brown memory groove grip safety
Tactical extended thumb safety
One piece full length stainless guide rod
Commander style match hammer
Match grade sear
Aluminum trigger with stainless bow
Extended serrated magazine catch
Wolff springs used exclusively
Diamond checkered coco-bolo grips
Tuned, machined, internal extractor
Test fired for reliability
38 ounces unloaded
http://cz-usa.com/assets/product-images/306/dw09_PM7-40_png_637x200_q85.png

wamphyri13
04-30-2010, 5:20 PM
Since GB0 just copied from the DW site, I'll add this.
New 2010 models have forged frames as well. Most small parts are Ed Brown, and internals are all being made in house from better quality tool steel than before. While the cost has gone up some, so has the quality to match.
I own an 05 Cbob and have no complaints. I would own a PM-7, but I'm not a fan of adjustable sights or the FCS. What I would prefer is that the RZ-45 Heritage be available in CA. That's what I would buy.
Ryan

wamphyri13
04-30-2010, 5:23 PM
That's a classy move.

Yes it is. Since DW production is still somewhat small compared to the other guys, they can't/won't submit other models for destruction, er, extortion, I mean testing, yeah, that's it, testing in California. That's why they keep paying to keep the two on the list for us. What's really funny is, if you don't pay your fee, your gun suddenly becomes unsafe. Go figure. :rolleyes:
Ryan

railroader
04-30-2010, 5:59 PM
Yes it is. Since DW production is still somewhat small compared to the other guys, they can't/won't submit other models for destruction, er, extortion, I mean testing, yeah, that's it, testing in California. That's why they keep paying to keep the two on the list for us. What's really funny is, if you don't pay your fee, your gun suddenly becomes unsafe. Go figure. :rolleyes:
Ryan

There's no sense in DW submitting any 1911's for testing. They don't have a mag disconnect or the proper loaded chamber indicator so they would never pass. Mark

Legasat
04-30-2010, 7:25 PM
Bought my PM-7 last year.

Very nice 1911, I'm real happy with it.

You will be too...:cool:

Sam
04-30-2010, 7:56 PM
Ryan

I think that if CZ could, then they would submit the new Dan Wessons for submission to the roster. I don't think it has to do with whether or not they would be able to pay for the testing.

wamphyri13
04-30-2010, 9:04 PM
Sam -
You're mixing your points up. It's not about them paying for testing. It's about what has to be done to the pistol for testing. They have to submit 3 or 4 guns for testing. That's a minimum of $4000 and a loss of 4 guns from an already low production count. Keith has said it's just not worth it.

railroader - I'm not 100% sure of this, so take it for what it's worth, but I believe the 1911 design is grandfathered in. There's no feasible way to add a mag disconnect, but they did get by with the loaded chamber indicator.
That's all I think I know. :D
Ryan

Sam
04-30-2010, 9:11 PM
Sam -
You're mixing your points up. It's not about them paying for testing. It's about what has to be done to the pistol for testing. They have to submit 3 or 4 guns for testing. That's a minimum of $4000 and a loss of 4 guns from an already low production count. Keith has said it's just not worth it.

railroader - I'm not 100% sure of this, so take it for what it's worth, but I believe the 1911 design is grandfathered in. There's no feasible way to add a mag disconnect, but they did get by with the loaded chamber indicator.
That's all I think I know. :D
Ryan

I grouped in paying for the actual guns and paying to have them on the roster. I don't think economics has anything to do with why the new Dan Wessons aren't on the roster, low production count taken into account.