PDA

View Full Version : K31 muzzle brake

jcaoloveshine
04-30-2010, 2:45 AM
Has anyone ever tried those screw-in K31 muzzle brake (no barrel modification needed)? How did it work? I'm wondering if they're worth the $75 price tag.

paul0660
04-30-2010, 5:56 AM
On a semiauto, maybe. Not much point on a bolt gun that you are going to have to reacquire the target with anyway.

Pthfndr
04-30-2010, 8:14 PM
Has anyone ever tried those screw-in K31 muzzle brake (no barrel modification needed)? How did it work? I'm wondering if they're worth the $75 price tag.

Are you referring to the Swiss Products clamp on muzzle brake? (because they do make one that screws on but it requires threading the barrel)

I have them on 2 of my K31s, and know several other people who use them also. They are very effective at taming recoil. Easy to put on and require NO modification to the rifle. Very well made. I think they are worth it.

Ignore the other poster because he obviously has not used one on a K31 (or any other bolt gun for that matter), and from his statement about having to require a target with a bolt gun, apparently he does not know how to properly position himself to control his rifle.

kmullins
04-30-2010, 8:56 PM
I haven't really had a problem with K31 recoil, but from what I've heard of the Swiss Products brakes they are well-made and effective.

As for the above statement about not needing it on a bolt rifle, that user is misinformed. The purpose of a muzzle brake is recoil reduction, quicker target acquisition could come as a result of this but it is not the main purpose of a brake.

paul0660
04-30-2010, 9:00 PM
Ouch, I am being ignored. Just like the stupid Swiss who made the perfect rifle EXCEPT for putting an extraneous piece of steel on the barrel. Buy all the gadgets you like.

HskrVern
04-30-2010, 9:09 PM
Ouch, I am being ignored. Just like the stupid Swiss who made the perfect rifle EXCEPT for putting an extraneous piece of steel on the barrel. Buy all the gadgets you like.

Crap, you mean I wasn't supposed to put the accessory rails on?