PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Competition Conversion Kit...

hkseeker62
04-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Proud owner of several Beretta firearms. I have an opportunity to purchase a 92FS 9mm Competition Match pistol.

It has a Beretta Competition Conversion Kit on it. The kit includes a 7.3 in (190 mm) barrel with counterweight and elevated front sight, a fully-adjustable target rear sight and ergonomic walnut grips.

The gentleman has own this pistol for 15 years here in California. I wish to purchase it. So today we're both at Turner's Outdoorsman's gun shop to do a PPT. The gun clerk informs us that the pistol with the extended barrel that has a treaded
barrel and is considered an "ASSAULT PISTOL" because of the threaded barrel and they can not touch it. If however the kit
is removed the pistol can be transfer to a new owner.

So my question to anyone in California that is aware of this Assault Weapons Laws regarding treaded barrels.
If I purchase the pistol without the Kit, it's just another firearm. If he gives me the kit separate from the gun transaction
can I install it on the original pistol and be within the California Assault Weapons Law regarding treaded barrels.

Thanks in advance to all the can help me with matter.

Quiet
04-30-2010, 12:36 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=296167