PDA

View Full Version : Time to scout for deer

pieeater
04-29-2010, 6:27 PM
Turkey is almost done. Antlers are growing nicely, bucks are grouped up and out in the open. Hasnt gotten hot yet so bucks are out feeding longer. Find one now in some hole somewhere without pressure. You can somewhat pattern him and you will have a chance during season when it is hot and they are almost completely nocturnal.

Hunt
04-29-2010, 6:41 PM
Turkey is almost done. Antlers are growing nicely, bucks are grouped up and out in the open. Hasnt gotten hot yet so bucks are out feeding longer. Find one now in some hole somewhere without pressure. You can somewhat pattern him and you will have a chance during season when it is hot and they are almost completely nocturnal.

I hear ya. You aren't going to just walk out and blindly stumble upon a buck in Southern CA for sure. Well, unless you are in Yosemite NP:eek:

Baxter
04-29-2010, 7:59 PM
A hole with no pressure in San Diego! Where is that !? If I could see well enough to drive I would be out there.

jawbreaker
04-29-2010, 8:19 PM
A hole with no pressure in San Diego! Where is that !? If I could see well enough to drive I would be out there.
Quit drinking the hard stuff and you will stop seeing double.

Baxter
04-30-2010, 2:51 PM
I wish it was from drinking. These antibiotics are kicking my butt.

lewdogg21
04-30-2010, 5:13 PM
It keeps dumping snow where i hunt (4600')

Calgon take me away to pieeaters honey holes :)

ZOMBIEHUNTER
04-30-2010, 5:42 PM
I saw some nice ones outside of Middletown and lower lake last monday.I also saw some of HWY 20 near Cache Creek BLM entrance.

rino
05-01-2010, 9:10 AM
seen lots of does but no bucks

BigJB
05-01-2010, 3:25 PM
Deer are in their spring ranges now, will be in totally different area by the time hunting season rolls around. In most areas of Call anyway

gdun
05-01-2010, 6:27 PM
I saw a nice buck in velvet right after i took off from the monterey airport today

Rusty413
05-02-2010, 2:33 AM
Hey I'm just gonna throw this out there... There are A LOT of deer on my campus at UCSC that are completely de-sensitized from people. Some of them are actually pretty decent size, good trophies and all that. IF ONLY we could hunt them Lol.

pieeater
05-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Deer are in their spring ranges now, will be in totally different area by the time hunting season rolls around. In most areas of Call anyway

Correct on the migratory deer but most of your A zone and B zone Blacktails are homebodys.