PDA

View Full Version : DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF PLACES TO HUNT PIG IN SANTA CRUZ AREA?

chris15
04-29-2010, 5:26 PM
Please if you know someware to hunt pig in SC mountains let me know thanks.

bigboarstopper
04-29-2010, 9:58 PM
Theres no public land in that area. All the hogs up in the santa cruz mountains hold in pockets and will move from one side of the mountains to the other.

Ive had permission on a few places up there a few years back. The property owner would call and tell me the hogs are tilling up the place and by the time I showed up they were gone. Litterally gone. The hogs wouldnt be back for a year or so. I pretty much gave up on a lot of those places and lost contact with the owners.

I had a place that was close to the college and the hogs were the same way. Here today. Gone for months.

Now slightly north of santa cruz on the coast by davenport there are a lot of good hogs. I was able to hunt up there and the hogs would be there year round in the brushy hills where the ag fields and cattle were. There were a lot of big hogs and the dogs would bay 3 or 4 at a time. That permission was 4 or five years ago and the owners changed and the permission was lost. Havent been up there since but I certainly would like to.

Good luck on finding permission.

Santa Cruz Armory
04-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I have one place but the pigs have been gone for a year or more. I'm still working on another. One in Boulder Creek the other in Bonny Doon. (BTW I use a bow)

If you find any places, please let me know.

SexPistol
04-30-2010, 9:51 AM
My gf and I found human bones off a trail we were hiking in Bonny Doon a few months ago. Called a sheriff, he questioned us, then took our info, then we never heard a damn thing back. Bonny is a weird *** place but if there's hogs out there I'd head out again.

lewdogg21
05-01-2010, 7:34 AM
My gf and I found human bones off a trail we were hiking in Bonny Doon a few months ago. Called a sheriff, he questioned us, then took our info, then we never heard a damn thing back. Bonny is a weird *** place but if there's hogs out there I'd head out again.

yikes!

Santa Cruz Armory
05-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm sure there are a bunch of folks buried in these hills...