PDA

View Full Version : Vamfire M.L.D. Review

Noah3683
04-29-2010, 5:06 PM
Well, I decided to order up a Vamfire M.L.D. I figured what the hell since I will be helping a friend build an AR anyway. Whichever device I don't want to keep, will go on his. Well looks like it will be the good 'ol BB for him, it's tried and trued but becoming outdated. Anyway, I really like this setup. I like the raddlock as well, but I may have found a new favorite. The design is sleek, and instead of backing out the whole button off the lower to be able to use it out of state..... the outer ring lowers down as you back out the set screw exposing the sleek center nut which then acts as a regular mag release button. If you want to see the details of it in the non CA legal configurement check out vamfire.com for the intro video. I will give the edge to raddlock, as far as easier to change setup. You only need a flat head screwdriver vs. a tiny allen wrench, but overall at least to me the MLD seems sturdier. At least the center nut is. I had one radd center nut eat away, but it may have been a fluke, and they did rectify it right away. Even doing a color exchange for me while they were at it. Both are great setups, but it throws another option into the mix, for those not sure what to get. Anyway, here's a pic.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/noah3683/STH70699.jpg

b.faust
04-29-2010, 5:08 PM
I recently replaced a b-16 on one of my ARs with the MLD as well.

Very easy to install, has been fine after a few hundred rounds and a couple cleanings.
So far I'm really pleased with it as well.

ARRRR-15
05-01-2010, 8:42 AM
Thanks guys. I'm glad you like it.

Here is a video of the installation and operation of the M.L.D., just incase any of you are wondering how it works.

rdTslxqt-0k

jshoebot
05-01-2010, 9:00 AM
Got one on mine, i give it a thumbs-up for sure! only thing i don't like is like OP said, the tiny allen wrench.

Tunis
05-06-2010, 5:01 AM
:thumbsup: Another awesome product from Vamfire!