View Full Version : New Guy from Sac

04-29-2010, 3:44 PM
Hello all, my name is Jeff, aka kumanj. I'm new to Cal Guns. Learned about the site from one of the sales guys at the Gun Room in Elk Grove. I was there using the range yesterday and asked about selling one of my guns. I have recently acquired 3 handguns.

1.) Beretta 92D 9mm (Handed down from my father)

2.) Ruger GP100 .357 mag, 4" barrel, Stainless Steel with Pacmyer Grips (purchased from a friend) THIS ONE IS FOR SALE!!!!

3.) Virginian Dragoon .44 mag, Stainless Steel (Also Handed down from my dad) Looking for a new grips for this one, Pacmyer of Hogue

Now that I have handguns in my house my wife is a bit freaked out as she has never been exposed to guns. We are scheduled to take the handgun safety course at Rancho Cordova Shooting Center next month and hopefully this will alleviate some of her stress.

I am looking to sell my Ruger GP100 .357mag for about $450.00 so I can buy myself a Beretta 92FS 9mm Inox. I really want a new one but will definately consider a used one in good condition.

Using this site to get info, hopefully sell the Ruger, Find myself a Beretta 92FS and assorted items, ammo, etc.

Bill Carson
04-29-2010, 10:56 PM

04-30-2010, 1:31 AM
Welcome. My advice... keep the Ruger revolver. You can use lower recoil .38 spl loads in it for marksmanship practice and later for HD use. Your wife may also appreciate that revolver more as they really can be pretty soft shooters. More pleasant (IMHO) than a 9mm auto.

But that's just me...

If you're stuck on getting a new 92FS, go for it. They're not bad guns...

Now as to the wife freak-out thing... I've got one of those. They're hard to de-freak. Trust me. It's possible though.

04-30-2010, 2:36 AM
Welcome friend.

Im with CSDGuy...
Keep the GP100. In my opinion it's hands down the best bang for your buck in the world of revolvers. Soft shooting and built like a tank. I doubt I'll ever get rid of my 4" blued model.

Good luck on the wife front. I'm sure it'll all work out. Just be sure to let her know that you own a gun because you would kill to protect her. Be sure to talk her into going shooting with you at least once and start her off light. Soon you'll be arguing about which of you gets to pick the next firearm to be purchased. :)

04-30-2010, 7:45 AM
Welcome to Calguns.

04-30-2010, 5:33 PM
welcome to the forum....

04-30-2010, 5:38 PM

04-30-2010, 8:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Vaporizer Wiki (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

04-30-2010, 8:24 PM
Welcome. I love my GP100 4"