PDA

View Full Version : My Home-made Tritium Night Sights

bigthaiboy
04-29-2010, 3:30 PM
How to make a set of Tritium night sights for $47.

I bought a set of brand new machined steel black oxide finished front and rear sights from this seller on Ebay for $22.00 shipped. These are the same sights that are sold by MMC Sight Inc. but minus the Tritium. He has blank sights for HK USP & P7, Kimber, 1911, Sig, and Glocks : http://shop.ebay.com/tlvsgarage/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I bought three 1.55 x 5mm green Tritium vials (because green has the highest light output) from this vendor: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=222461

The white sleeves came with the sights and the 1.55mm vials fit the sleeves perfectly. A tiny drop of adhesive to hold the vial in the sleeve and the sleeve inside the factory-drilled holes on the front and rear sights.

Job done.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites2.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites3.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites4.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites5.jpg

4DSJW
04-29-2010, 3:35 PM
Very nicely done! How did you determine the correct height to drill the holes in the front and rear sights to have the POA and POI be the same?

BamBam-31
04-29-2010, 3:37 PM
Looks good. Gotta put them to the test, however. Will they stay in place after a few thousand rounds?

TheSorb
04-29-2010, 3:38 PM
Nice looking sights...great job!;)

hiyabrad
04-29-2010, 3:39 PM
Wow, super nice job!

One question, are you glowing green too, now that you handled those vials?

cineski
04-29-2010, 3:59 PM
Handling the vials won't do anything. Tritium is a gas inside the vials.

bigthaiboy
04-29-2010, 4:03 PM
Very nicely done! How did you determine the correct height to drill the holes in the front and rear sights to have the POA and POI be the same?

The sights come with the holes already pre-drilled. I just had to do some careful measuring before I ordered the tritium vials.

Looks good. Gotta put them to the test, however. Will they stay in place after a few thousand rounds?

I glued them in pretty good without going overboard. I found the vials, the sleeves and the sights all fit perfectly.

Wow, super nice job!

One question, are you glowing green too, now that you handled those vials?

No, but we'll just have to wait and see whether I turn into the Hulk, if someone makes me mad. J/k, people wear Tritium-illuminated watches all day long without dropping dead, so I figured handling these vials briefly with plastic tweezers (because they are so small) would be OK.

hit-man
04-29-2010, 4:08 PM
Nice Job. Please post a report on how they function with regards to POA/POI and durability.

hiyabrad
04-29-2010, 4:15 PM

It was a joke son!

cineski
04-29-2010, 4:34 PM
Jokes are hard to read without the :) I've read stuff online I would swear people were joking but were dead serious.

Bug Splat
04-29-2010, 6:23 PM
That looks like a great deal. I might have to just try this for my glock 17. Thanks for the heads up. :)

cyclenut
04-29-2010, 6:54 PM
Great job, will look into this when my night sights die. :)

Bobula
04-29-2010, 7:12 PM
So in!

K5Cruiser
04-29-2010, 8:34 PM
Great thinking there with this bit of ingenuity. Definitely report back with how well they work.

five.five-six
04-29-2010, 8:39 PM
I <3 DIY projects involving nukular material

Johansenk
04-29-2010, 9:29 PM
how did shipping for the tritium go? where is the seller of these located?

bigthaiboy
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
how did shipping for the tritium go? where is the seller of these located?

Vendor is dutch. $3.00 shipping, took around 1 week. It came very well packed in a piece of hard plastic tubing stuffed with cotton wool, all inside a padded envelope. I wouldn't hesitate to use this vendor again.

yoda888
04-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Awesomeness OP! Kudos!

Quick question, how hard is it to remove and install these sights on a glock? I assume I need a special tool to press them out? What about alignment?

Thanks!

Glock619
04-29-2010, 10:19 PM
I bought night nights for my glock 23 a few months ago. After a few cleanings, I noticed that the solvent possibly messed up the face of the tritium vial.

My question is, Should I replace with the stuff you used? Sights are already mounted and were done at the gunsmiths.

NSR500
04-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Awesome Job!

Hmmm...

Now maybe I have a way to get Tritium sights on my CZ P07 Duty now.

bigthaiboy
04-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Awesomeness OP! Kudos!

Quick question, how hard is it to remove and install these sights on a glock? I assume I need a special tool to press them out? What about alignment?

Thanks!

I've never removed Glock sights before but here is a tutorial:

zBho8KVs0L8

I pressed my rear sight off by putting an AK47 gas piston into the drill attachment on my drill press, and held the pistol slide in a drill vice with cloth wrapped to prevent scratches. I used the drill press as a mini-shop press to press the rear sights off sideways with the AK piston. I also used the drill press to press the steel front sights into the slide.

Before I took off the factory sights, I fitted a laser to the pistol's rail and sighted it to 25 feet, based on the pistol's sight alignment (which I know is sighted OK). After I've fitted the new night sights, I put the slide back onto the frame, and adjust the new sights to the laser's alignment at 25 feet. In theory, my alignment should the same as the old sights.

bigthaiboy
04-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I bought night nights for my glock 23 a few months ago. After a few cleanings, I noticed that the solvent possibly messed up the face of the tritium vial.

My question is, Should I replace with the stuff you used? Sights are already mounted and were done at the gunsmiths.

I have no idea how difficult it is to remove factory fitted tritium vials. It must be fairly well stuck in there, since they are designed for at least 12 years of abuse.

kozumasbullitt
04-30-2010, 4:58 AM
Thanks, ordered some vials.

nosuchagency
04-30-2010, 5:06 AM
i opened thread half expecting to lol, but very cool work. nice job, btb. :cool:

Turbinator
04-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Wow, awesome DIY job. Very impressive.

Turby

Nynvolt
04-30-2010, 10:39 AM
i opened thread half expecting to lol, but very cool work. nice job, btb. :cool:

Haha me too, was thinking maybe someone got some glow in the dark pain or something!

JTROKS
04-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Coolness! Thanks for sharing.

bigthaiboy
04-30-2010, 11:57 AM

A little more info I just found out. The $17.00 steel sights I used were made by MMC Sight Inc. in Las Vagas, NV, and were specifically made for their range of Tritium night sights. MMC Sight Inc was considered a big name in the night sights industry about 10 years ago, and provided large numbers of night sights to LE depts, but MMC went out of business in 2009. Therefore, the sights are being sold off cheap because they are bankrupt stock, not because they are cheaply made.

cyclenut
04-30-2010, 11:59 AM
How was your experience with the ebay seller? He has some pretty bad feedback.

tm_jones123
04-30-2010, 2:03 PM
Thats outstanding

bigthaiboy
04-30-2010, 5:23 PM

It was a fast turnaround. I got the sights about 4 days after I purchased them. The seller is only in Las Vegas.

Preacher
04-30-2010, 7:14 PM
Kudos!! nice work! Thanks for the post!!

evidens83
04-30-2010, 8:26 PM
Looks good excellent job!

Bobotheclown
04-30-2010, 8:41 PM
Nice! Might have to make a set for my RIA tac.

TitanCi
04-30-2010, 8:59 PM
very NICE!!! Great job.

DaveFJ80
04-30-2010, 9:15 PM
Did you get the "regular" steel sight, or the "low profile" steel sight?

Regular:

http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!Bh,kWUg!2k~$(KGrHqEH-DsEsKb8vgI)BLJC5Ium6Q~~_35.JPG

Low Profile:

http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!Bkr)O-!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjMEsmGs!I0hBLYhEmwcpw~~_35.JPG

igorts
04-30-2010, 9:20 PM
any pictures of how low profile fits?

Saigon1965
04-30-2010, 9:24 PM
BTB - Awesome stuff man -

slik556
04-30-2010, 9:35 PM
Any one have any idea how to get the old vials out of a set of old Sig night sights??? I have a 228 with some dim sights. If it is a big pain then getting the ones that you have a link to here seem like a nice deal...
You did a great job on the ones in the photos...

Notblake
04-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Really cool man, I might just have to buy some radioactive viles! LOL

I dig it though! and btw, is that a sigma? sure looks like a sigma =)

bigthaiboy
04-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Did you get the "regular" steel sight, or the "low profile" steel sight?

The vendor has two types of Glock sights. The ones I have are for a Sigma.

Really cool man, I might just have to buy some radioactive viles! LOL

I dig it though! and btw, is that a sigma? sure looks like a sigma =)

Thanks guys.

That's correct. The sights are fitted on a Sigma SW40VE. I will be giving my 1911 the same treatment next.

bigthaiboy
04-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Any one have any idea how to get the old vials out of a set of old Sig night sights??? I have a 228 with some dim sights. If it is a big pain then getting the ones that you have a link to here seem like a nice deal...
You did a great job on the ones in the photos...

I don't know how the vials are fixed into factory sights, but whatever you do, be very careful not to break one open as inhaling & ingesting tritium is hazardous.

supertrooper
05-01-2010, 4:32 AM
thanks for the info. i ordered the vials and lowpro sights for my glock.

FinalBoss
05-01-2010, 8:20 AM
Great DIY! Thanks for the effort! =)

Briarfox
05-04-2010, 8:02 AM
very cool. I'm going to have to give this a try.

kozumasbullitt
05-04-2010, 9:42 AM
Does anyone know where I can get just the sleeves from? I bought the tritium vials already but want to install these in the exsisting sights.

bigthaiboy
05-04-2010, 2:45 PM
Does anyone know where I can get just the sleeves from? I bought the tritium vials already but want to install these in the exsisting sights.

Try contacting the seller of the sights on Ebay on post #1, and see whether he has a set of spare sleeves he is prepared to sell you.

dychen
05-04-2010, 8:15 PM
I don't know how the vials are fixed into factory sights, but whatever you do, be very careful not to break one open as inhaling & ingesting tritium is hazardous.

BTW, Tritium is water soluble (sense its just H3). If for whatever reason you where exposed to it, the quickest way to clear it from your system is to drink lots of water or preferably beer.

The story i've heard is "back in the old days" they use to give the workers that delt with tritium all the time a 6 pack of beer on there way home to help the "cleansing" process.

This is probably the coolest thing i've seen on here in awhile, i have a feeling I'll be building a few of these

bigthaiboy
05-04-2010, 9:26 PM
BTW, Tritium is water soluble (sense its just H3). If for whatever reason you where exposed to it, the quickest way to clear it from your system is to drink lots of water or preferably beer.

The story i've heard is "back in the old days" they use to give the workers that delt with tritium all the time a 6 pack of beer on there way home to help the "cleansing" process.

This is probably the coolest thing i've seen on here in awhile, i have a feeling I'll be building a few of these

Thank you. I don't know how many Glock sights the Ebay vendor has left, but don't leave it too long. I just ordered one of the last sets of 1911 sights off him, and ordered some more Tritium; 2 Yellow for the rear sights and 1 Green for the front sights.

Tritium actually emits a very small amount of radiation, not even enough to penetrate human skin, but I think it is wise to still treat the vials with care.

kozumasbullitt
05-11-2010, 9:52 AM
Buyer beware! I ordered sights from that eBay seller on May 4th via priority mail (2 days usually from Vegas) and have not received anything yet. The seller will not respond to messages or emails.

yoda888
05-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I asked if he had sights for a Sig p225 and never got a response either.

WeekendWarrior
05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Great job. Its always so much better to build something yourself and save a ton of money.

cyclenut
05-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Buyer beware! I ordered sights from that eBay seller on May 4th via priority mail (2 days usually from Vegas) and have not received anything yet. The seller will not respond to messages or emails.

Yeah, I had my doubts. I was going to give him a chance and order some sig sights but decided against it. Let us know how it works out. Hope you get them.:(

bigthaiboy
05-11-2010, 1:47 PM

It's been 7 days. Hardly time to panic yet. I don't see a Priority Mail option on this seller's auction. I just see flat rate shipping.

I asked if he had sights for a Sig p225 and never got a response either.

It took me 30 seconds to find the answer to your question by using Google: The P6/ P225 has the same sight mounts as the 226, 228, 239, Sig Pro, Sig Pro 2009.
He even states in the auction: "Please let me know what model Sig you are purchasing for so I can ship you the correct sizes".

ghostwong
05-11-2010, 1:56 PM
Dude, You are the MAN!! I'm going to try this!

kozumasbullitt
05-11-2010, 3:38 PM
It's been 7 days. Hardly time to panic yet. I don't see a Priority Mail option on this seller's auction. I just see flat rate shipping.

It took me 30 seconds to find the answer to your question by using Google: The P6/ P225 has the same sight mounts as the 226, 228, 239, Sig Pro, Sig Pro 2009.
He even states in the auction: "Please let me know what model Sig you are purchasing for so I can ship you the correct sizes".

Read the shipping info, usps priority. I get stuff in 2 days from Texas via usps priority. I ordered the tritium 1 day before the sights and got that Saturday.

Frankh21
05-11-2010, 6:36 PM
looks great!

DougJ
05-11-2010, 7:37 PM
Nice! Might have to make a set for my RIA tac.

I'm looking at buying an RIA Tactical and the sights are a problem. The stock one kinda suck and it seems they have an unusual dovetail. I'm thinking you could buy these or the stainless dots and drill the stock sights for 'em. Something to think about...

Hozr
05-15-2010, 1:44 PM

I ordered and paid with buy it now/paypal back in April and still have yet to hear anything back let alone receive the sights.

I'm starting the paypal dispute right now.

Buyer beware. Oh well, It's only $22. Too good to be true?

kozumasbullitt
05-15-2010, 2:21 PM
I ordered and paid with buy it now/paypal back in April and still have yet to hear anything back let alone receive the sights.

I'm starting the paypal dispute right now.

Buyer beware. Oh well, It's only $22. Too good to be true?

I am still waiting as well. Bad seller.

supertrooper
05-15-2010, 7:59 PM

+1! its been over two weeks for me and im starting to get pissed that he wont respond to emails.

B@rt from belgum on the other hand shipped fast and had good communication. got the tritium in 7 business days.

bigthaiboy
05-15-2010, 10:36 PM
+1! its been over two weeks for me and im starting to get pissed that he wont respond to emails.

B@rt from belgum on the other hand shipped fast and had good communication. got the tritium in 7 business days.

Sorry guys. I started this thread. I ordered the sights in the OP, and got them in just a few days. So with that positive experience, I later went ahead and ordered a second set for my 1911. It's now it's been over two weeks since I bought the second set of sights and nothing. The seller has not answered my emails, so I've had to start a dispute with PayPal to get him to ship the sights or refund me. I suggest you guys do the same.

The seller could be in hospital, gone to jail, or simply dropped dead, for all I know, but that doesn't help me if the seller is not answering his emails.

On the other hand, Bart who is selling the tritium vials is first rate. Ordered from him twice. Prompt shipping and good communication.

Hozr
05-16-2010, 8:26 AM
Heads up on B@rt selling the tritium. His PayPal account is down right now but he hopes to have it back up within the week. Typical PayPal shenanigans.

I gPal only a US service? He seemed concerned about using it from outside the US.

smilee
05-16-2010, 1:39 PM
Glad to have continued reading . I sm a lil hesitent of getting the sights. Looks great though. Keep us updated if the sight seller does u right.

bigthaiboy
05-16-2010, 6:12 PM
I am still waiting as well. Bad seller.

I just heard from Ebay seller. He explains that he has been moving home cross country, and apologizes for not keeping up his Ebay responsibilities, and will be mailing out all items on Monday. I going to give the guy a chance to make things right.

kozumasbullitt
05-16-2010, 8:52 PM
Got shipping info from him, set to mail out tomorrow.

Hozr
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
I just heard from Ebay seller. He explains that he has been moving home cross country, and apologizes for not keeping up his Ebay responsibilities, and will be mailing out all items on Monday. I going to give the guy a chance to make things right.

Hmm.. I got the same respone only AFTER I filed my PayPal dispute. We'll see I guess....

cj cake
05-17-2010, 3:54 PM
Same here. B@rt sent out the vials fast. I have heard nothing from the ebay seller!

Brown Rock
05-17-2010, 4:18 PM
How to make a set of Tritium night sights for $47.

I bought a set of brand new machined steel black oxide finished front and rear sights from this seller on Ebay for $22.00 shipped. These are the same sights that are sold by MMC Sight Inc. but minus the Tritium. He has blank sights for HK USP & P7, Kimber, 1911, Sig, and Glocks : http://shop.ebay.com/tlvsgarage/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I bought three 1.55 x 5mm green Tritium vials (because green has the highest light output) from this vendor: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=222461

The white sleeves came with the sights and the 1.55mm vials fit the sleeves perfectly. A tiny drop of adhesive to hold the vial in the sleeve and the sleeve inside the factory-drilled holes on the front and rear sights.

Job done.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites2.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites3.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites4.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/bigthaiboy/nitesites5.jpg

Dude those sights are amazing. Mine are really old and not as bright, I think I need new ones. :(

bigthaiboy
05-17-2010, 7:47 PM
Same here. B@rt sent out the vials fast. I have heard nothing from the ebay seller!

Try contacting him again, he was mailing a bunch of orders today, so hopefully he's back on track with his Ebay commitments.

Dude those sights are amazing. Mine are really old and not as bright, I think I need new ones. :(

Thank you. If you can work out how to get the old tritium vials out of your sights without damaging the sleeves, perhaps you could just replace them with the tritium from B@rt.

If not, I believe Trijicon charge around $45.00 to replace the tritium on their sights. Might be worth contacting the manufacturer of your sights for a quote.

anto
05-17-2010, 8:09 PM
Here's a tip for anyone looking to do this-

Use some Norland 61 Optical Adhesive to seal the tritiums in.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=183050

Solvent resistant & super clear as well. IIRC it's the same stuff Mercedes uses to glue driver side windows together for soundproofing.

Brown Rock
05-17-2010, 9:25 PM
Thank you. If you can work out how to get the old tritium vials out of your sights without damaging the sleeves, perhaps you could just replace them with the tritium from B@rt.

If not, I believe Trijicon charge around $45.00 to replace the tritium on their sights. Might be worth contacting the manufacturer of your sights for a quote.

I don't think I can get these tubes out myself and I don't know who makes these. They came installed on my Sigma, first generation Sigma. Name on the front sight says TRILUX H3. Those new tritium tubes are really bright, I think those might blind me in the dark. :laugh: I want some. Anyway these are mine. http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x295/ih8suvz/sights.jpg Anybody know who makes them?

cj cake
05-19-2010, 3:53 PM
Try contacting him again, he was mailing a bunch of orders today, so hopefully he's back on track with his Ebay commitments.

I have tried every day this week so far. No reply.

himurax13
05-19-2010, 4:56 PM
I havent heard a peep from the seller and I sent him 3 different messages over the last month.

tdaughg
05-19-2010, 5:43 PM
sights bought on 5/1/10, payment cleared via paypal 5/3/10 and i just received them today. i never got a response to the emails i sent him either. i got some email from paypal saying the item had shipped on monday but thats it. maybe the thing about him moving and shipping stuff out on monday was really true.

bigthaiboy
05-19-2010, 7:01 PM
sights bought on 5/1/10, payment cleared via paypal 5/3/10 and i just received them today. i never got a response to the emails i sent him either. i got some email from paypal saying the item had shipped on monday but thats it. maybe the thing about him moving and shipping stuff out on monday was really true.

Yes, He said mine would be shipped on Monday, and I got my 1911 sights today. It was shipped from Lubbock, TX as opposed to the set of sights in the OP, which came from Las Vegas, which suggests he has moved home, just like he said he did.

supertrooper
05-19-2010, 8:17 PM
i ordered on5/1 and got them today so anyone else who ordered from ebay shouldnt have to wait much longer.

bigthaiboy-what did you use to glue in the vials?

EOD3
05-19-2010, 8:48 PM
Vendor is dutch. $3.00 shipping, took around 1 week. It came very well packed in a piece of hard plastic tubing stuffed with cotton wool, all inside a padded envelope. I wouldn't hesitate to use this vendor again.

Did it have a RAD sticker or was that little technicality overlooked?

bigthaiboy
05-19-2010, 9:01 PM
i ordered on5/1 and got them today so anyone else who ordered from ebay shouldnt have to wait much longer.

bigthaiboy-what did you use to glue in the vials?

I used very small amounts of epoxy glue applied using a toothpick.

AIMSMALL
05-19-2010, 9:24 PM
nice work, thanks for sharing.

kozumasbullitt
05-20-2010, 3:54 AM
my sights arrived yesterday and the seller added extra sleeves as requested. i guess better late than never.

bigthaiboy
05-20-2010, 11:17 AM
my sights arrived yesterday and the seller added extra sleeves as requested. i guess better late than never.

That's good to hear. I don't think the seller ever meant to be a bad guy, just pre-occupied with moving home. If you've filed a PayPal dispute with him, please remember to close it, so he can have his money. When a dispute is filed, PayPal takes the money for the item out of his account and holds it until the dispute is resolved.

69Mach1
05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow, that's bright. Thanks for the info.

cj cake
05-21-2010, 8:33 AM
That's good to hear. I don't think the seller ever meant to be a bad guy, just pre-occupied with moving home. If you've filed a PayPal dispute with him, please remember to close it, so he can have his money. When a dispute is filed, PayPal takes the money for the item out of his account and holds it until the dispute is resolved.

Doesn't seem so in my case. Still NO sights, NO replys, NOTHING.

kozumasbullitt
05-21-2010, 9:57 AM

I never did a dispute because I like to give people some time. If you are waiting for this guy, I am sure he will get to you.

jlwatts
05-21-2010, 11:30 AM
This is so awesome. I'm in.

cj cake
05-21-2010, 3:41 PM
No dispute filed. I have politely asked for a response to my questions. I also asked if he ever shipped these or if he ever intends too.

dychen
05-22-2010, 8:11 AM
I ordered 3 sets of the glock standard sights from that seller, it took awhile for them to show up but I have them all as ordered. I would order more but I got the last three sets

dychen
05-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Any idea where I can find just the white inserts?

tuna quesadilla
05-29-2010, 10:42 PM

The manual for my CZ P-01 specifically recommends drinking beer in the event of a tritium accident. :D

keson
05-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Awesome!

Hozr
05-30-2010, 7:48 AM
I finally got my Glock Low Profiles. It took a PayPal dispute to get them shipped. Sounds like this may be his new MO, wait for the claim then ship.

B@rt is again accepting PayPal for the Tritium, just waiting for delivery now......
Quite the odyssey!

cj cake
06-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I never did get my sights. I filed a dispute with ebay. Seller contacted me and offered to refund my money or send me "replacement" sights. I just wanted the sights so I asked for them and not a refund. It makes me wonder if he ever did ship them in the first place since the sights I purchased were "the last ones". If they were the last ones where did he get the replacements? His feedback is not the greatest, but I will see if he makes good on the deal before I take this any further. I hope he sends them finally.

Hozr
06-08-2010, 2:35 PM
Did anyone else order the Glock Low Profile sights? My rear sight is

a) dinged and worn
b) has a hole in it like a screw mount
c) does not match the countour of the slide at all

thinking I got screwed.....

sbsdexp1
06-08-2010, 2:53 PM
nice job man, im jumpin on it for my usp now

supertrooper
06-08-2010, 4:58 PM
Did anyone else order the Glock Low Profile sights? My rear sight is

a) dinged and worn
b) has a hole in it like a screw mount
c) does not match the countour of the slide at all

thinking I got screwed.....

i got the glock lowpros and they were in new never installed condition. the part that wraps over the back of the slide matched the slide contour. it also has a allen set screw.

thevic
06-09-2010, 12:29 AM
know where i can buy blanks still? i want to do this

TD22057
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Got mine in today (glock and HK). They look fine - took about a week from the time I paid. Anyone tried using a drop of super glue to hold the vials in?

tacticalcity
06-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Ha! When I read the title I pictured some bonehead messing with radiative liquid and trying to get it into the little tubes without making himself sick. My imagination got the best of me for a second there. Turned out to be a pretty darn cool read. Never occured to me to look for something like this.

gemini1
06-11-2010, 1:57 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the sights that would work for a 6904 S&W? I'd like to try this out but cant find any online. I guess this pistol is too old.

cj cake
06-14-2010, 8:19 AM
The sights finally showed up. The seller has issues shipping these out on time and making sure they get where they need to go, but he does seem to be honest and keep his word. He shipped out a replacement set after I opened a case. Those were the wrong sights. He sent out another set and this time they were the right ones. He told me to keep the extra pairs for my trouble. I am satisfied with the results although it was a pain in the *** to finally get the sights.

Jason_2111
06-14-2010, 9:10 AM
Well... I just bought a set for one of my Sig's, and tried to get more than one but it wouldn't let me. I'm hoping he's not out of stock yet, and that he can hook me up with USP and M&P sights too.

I sent him an email asking about what he has in stock... we'll see if I get a response. If/when I do, I'll let everyone know what he says.

I just had trijicon's put on my 229... Ran me $130 installed. Doh!

Jason_2111
06-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I heard back... here's what he said:

I have plenty of Sig available as well as M&P.

I do not have USP full size with holes....only bars (no tritium) and solid black.

I didn't ask about Glock, I don't have one.

bigthaiboy
06-14-2010, 1:13 PM
Ha! When I read the title I pictured some bonehead messing with radiative liquid and trying to get it into the little tubes without making himself sick. My imagination got the best of me for a second there. Turned out to be a pretty darn cool read. Never occured to me to look for something like this.

And my next tutorial was going to be how I made my home-made 9mm armor-piercing rounds from depleted uranium I bought from an Ebay vendor in Northern Ukraine. But before I post the tutorial, I just need to get to a pharmacy to pick up some Rogaine.

Jason_2111
06-23-2010, 3:51 AM
My tritium vials arrived yesterday, exactly as promised. The sights aren't here yet though... and still no responses from my ebay messages except for the original message.
After doing some reading up on MMC Sights, I found tons of horror stories of how when then were in business, they never responded to emails or calls, and failed to deliver products a lot of times. I also read how they were located in Las Vegas, where the ebay seller was originally located.
I'm thinking the same guy who isn't returning emails/messages is the same guy who owned and then ruined the sight company to begin with. We'll see how this ends up. Perhaps Trijicon's can be wholesale'd without the tritium... hmmmm...

Jason_2111
06-28-2010, 4:49 PM
Well... the ***-hat doesn't return messages or email to the address registered with PayPal. I've gone ahead and opened a claim to try and get a fire lit under this loser. At least I've got some cool tritium vials.

If this guy was sober for long enough, I'd probably buy him out and flip them on ebay myself.

bigthaiboy
06-28-2010, 7:54 PM
Well... the ***-hat doesn't return messages or email to the address registered with PayPal. I've gone ahead and opened a claim to try and get a fire lit under this loser. At least I've got some cool tritium vials.

If this guy was sober for long enough, I'd probably buy him out and flip them on ebay myself.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting your order shipped. Making a claim with PayPal is the best idea, as PayPal takes your money out of his account and withholds it until you are satified with the outcome and cancel the claim, or the seller fails to respond, and you can escalate the claim for a refund.

It's alot of hassle, but when I bought my second set of MMC sights for my 1911, they were not shipped within 2 weeks so I started a claim with PP. It got the seller's attention, and he sent me a message to apologize and she shipped them out the following day.

Although MMC went tits up because of their business practises, their products are actually pretty decent. My two sets of MMC sights are really well made oxidized steel, and are certainly an inexpensive upgrade from the factory sights.

NorCalDustin
06-28-2010, 8:31 PM
I like how those are BIG dots...

gemini1
06-29-2010, 5:24 PM
Any idea where I can get the inserts? I got the tritium from Bart already but the guy who sells the sights with insers has not responded to my email. Is there any other source to buy the inserts? Tried googling but cannot find any.

nofd1977
05-04-2013, 12:18 AM
Hey Thaiboy holla at me man. Gotta ask you a question brother, thanks

2AdNation
06-22-2013, 8:51 PM
Its been a while since you originally posted this, how are your sights now? are the tritium vials still glowing bright? I am thinking of doing a similar project, so your feedback would be appreciated.

SILENT GUNMAN
06-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Holy necropost Batman!!!

Garrett128
06-23-2013, 9:14 AM
Nice work! Thanks for the info!

LE6940P
06-23-2013, 8:15 PM
sick! I might do this! :yes:

sfbay
06-23-2013, 10:37 PM
that is sooo awesome!

freebug
06-24-2013, 5:29 AM
The seller got de-listed off ePay. Any chance you know who made the sights? Tubes are still available.

I bought a brand new set of Trijicon night sites from Optics Planet, installed them and the front one went dead a month later. SUCKS.

freebug
06-24-2013, 5:37 AM
Hey Jason, who installed your sights? I bought myself one of these B & J 500 Sight Pushers and it SUCKS. I'll need don't want to punch it in since the last time it was done - it cracked one of the tubes.

JDay
06-24-2013, 12:27 PM

And tritium doesn't penetrate through your skin. You'd have to inhale the gas or swallow a vial for it to have any effect on your body.

EDIT: Holy necrothread!

Speedpower
06-24-2013, 1:10 PM
Hey Jason, who installed your sights? I bought myself one of these B & J 500 Sight Pushers and it SUCKS. I'll need don't want to punch it in since the last time it was done - it cracked one of the tubes.

The BJ sight pusher is the best sight pusher on the market, if you said it sucks then that means you are doing it wrong!

freebug
06-29-2013, 4:06 PM
The BJ has a tendency to turn the pusher insert. If you know of a way to prevent that from happening let me know. Right now, when I push I have to make sure that the end touching the sight doesn't turn around while you turn the allen driver.

CK_32
06-29-2013, 4:21 PM
Wow this is awesome!

eBay seller is not listed and had a 0% posative feed back . Anyone know where I can pick up the sights them selves? I might do this for my gen4 23