PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to put my AR together close to Pasadena

mkinla
03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
I'll be getting my upper receiver tomorrow and I need the sportsman kit, and the trigger assembly and someone to put the gun together for me. I've never put an AR together and would like to be there so I can see how it all goes together.

Thanks,

Mark

slickjoesd
03-02-2006, 12:47 PM
do a search on ar15.com they have pictures, step buy step. if you cant handle that I dont know if you can handle loading it with a Sporting Conversion on it......:D

Black Majik
03-02-2006, 12:51 PM
LOL for MOST of us, it'll be our first times also. Not like we're all AR Savy armorers here. Remember, we're super AR deprived until recently.

Just get some coke, some time and read up on all the assembly threads/instructions that are all over the internet.

Go to www.AR15.com and check out the "build it yourself" forum in the AR Discussion section. Its not that difficult.

I'm sure if you pay us $50 bucks many of us will be willing to build it for you :D

PanzerAce
03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Black, I assume that by coke you mean Coca Cola, right? :D

slickjoesd
03-02-2006, 12:54 PM
lol some "coke" hahaha anyways i built mine for the FIRST time last weekend, it took me about an hour, a good part of that time i was on my hands and knees looking for that damn forward pin retaining spring. which i hear you can cut down slightly to make it work better and not so stiff. but it does work if you dont cut it!

50 bucks? thats like a buck a min! if you want to drive to ventura i can instruct you ( i am pro now i put one together) and you can learn to do it!

GlockComa
03-02-2006, 1:10 PM
Don't be scared and build it!!
Just make sure you have some Paper Tape to mask some sections off so you won't scratch it while tapping in the Bolt Catch & Trigger Gaurd Roll Pin.
Other then that the only hard part is the Pivot Pin Assembly haha make sure that detent doesn't go flying off some where.

brando
03-02-2006, 1:14 PM
I'll be reaching back to my 1989 PV2 Armorer days to try and remember assembling the guts....

shopkeep
03-02-2006, 1:24 PM
LOL for MOST of us, it'll be our first times also. Not like we're all AR Savy armorers here. Remember, we're super AR deprived until recently.

Soon enough though my friend there will be more AR armorers in California than in the rest of the country LOL! Everyone who's a firearms enthusiast has an off-list AR these days :D!

slo5oh
03-02-2006, 2:25 PM
I did lastnight.

The roll pins did not go in easy, and I shot myself in the eye with the pivot pin detent and spring :(
eye protection!! DUHH!!
Otherwise it was EASY!

Mine was a "dry run" as I did not grease anything so I'll be pulling it back apart to "grease her up" as bweiss recommends in his thread.

grammaton76
03-02-2006, 2:35 PM
I believe the current going rate is like $20, guys. That's what Andrew at Iron Sights in Oceanside charges - I think he said he's an NRA-certified armorer.

Heck, I'll build one for $20, I've put together three of my own, one for a friend, and supervised his second. :)

Fjold
03-02-2006, 2:45 PM
I put my first one together in 2 hours, in December and I only lost one pivot pin spring and detent. I was in a panic until I figured out the J&T put extras in the kit for fumble fingers like myself. I just did my fourth one last week and it took less than 1/2 an hour.

gmcem50
03-02-2006, 4:11 PM
I'm thinking about having an AR assembly party on March 18th. Anyone who is interested PM me to discuss. I live in Orange County.

WhiteSands
03-02-2006, 8:45 PM
Other then that the only hard part is the Pivot Pin Assembly haha make sure that detent doesn't go flying off some where.

Build it inside a large zip lock bag.

When it flies its safe and easy to locate in the bag.

markymark
03-02-2006, 8:48 PM
I'm thinking about having an AR assembly party on March 18th. Anyone who is interested PM me to discuss. I live in Orange County.
hmmm, i could be down with that if you're thinking of having it after 4.

ldivinag
03-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Build it inside a large zip lock bag.

When it flies its safe and easy to locate in the bag.

when i did my first one, i arranged a box for the detent to fly into.

lined it whites towels all over.

Pryde
03-03-2006, 1:48 AM
Theres a guy in Azusa named Larry Hirota who gunsmiths out of his home, him and his dad have been doing Garands FALs M14s and ARs for over 20 years. Definately the highest quality and lowest price gunsmithing in the 626 area code.

They are called "Triple H Accurizing".
626-334-2270
626-334-1883

I had a FAL built and he charged around $150 for complete kit build, park, trigger work and CA conversion.

Matt C
03-03-2006, 12:27 PM
I live in montery park and I can do it this weekend, but you would owe me lunch!

BamBam-31
03-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm in San Gabriel, and I've assembled about six or seven by now. Did mine and my buddies' AR's. Can't get enough of assembling them, feels like I'm doing my part giving the DOJ The Finger. Heck, I'd do yours for free!

(It's embarassingly simple, really. Go to the ARFCOM online instructions, and take your time.)

YOU CAN DO IT!! :D

mkinla
03-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, but a few members have offered to help me, but I can't seem to find a parts kit, and if I can't get one tomorrow at the Glendale gun show, I'll have to order it online and get it next week.

And thanks for everyones responses......

HillBilly
03-03-2006, 1:10 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, but a few members have offered to help me, but I can't seem to find a parts kit, and if I can't get one tomorrow at the Glendale gun show, I'll have to order it online and get it next week.

There is a guy on ARFCOM selling LPK's sort of "pre-assembled". He does the hard part for you, pretty much for free.

RBPrecision.com...you may have to email him to ask for details, but I think I may go this route.

Yes, it's cheating. I don't care.:p

fmjkimber
03-03-2006, 2:04 PM
it is soooo easy. put mine together a few nights ago after a few beers:D super simple, the hardest part is the dent for the pivot pin, and i only had to look for it once:p

nick

sszeto
03-03-2006, 4:15 PM
+1 for Rbprecision. I got 2 LPK for 108 shipped.

http://www.rbprecision.com/id14_rb_lower_parts_kits__49_00.htm

They also include a extra detent so if one fly away, you'll still have an extra available.

Mud
03-03-2006, 6:36 PM
Didn't you get the LPK in the Box with your order???

sszeto
03-03-2006, 9:21 PM
Yes I did get the LPK with the upper, and it's already together in 1 piece. The LPK's from RB are for my friends.

slo5oh
03-04-2006, 2:16 AM

If you need to order one give tanneryshop.com a look. I bought 2 from William and feel better giving my $ to someone I can identify with than a nameless shop. He doesn't have the kits listed on his site, but if you e-mail him he gets back to you quick. Prices were very reasonable.

accordingtoome
03-04-2006, 4:08 AM

Just get some coke, some time and read up on all the assembly threads/instructions that are all over the internet.

Go to www.AR15.com and check out the "build it yourself" forum in the AR Discussion section. Its not that difficult.

I'm sure if you pay us $50 bucks many of us will be willing to build it for you :D

NO MAN!!! Coke is not a good thing to use when doing this... you'll be up for hours and might end up taking your gun down the street for a walk in your underpants.. hahaa..

jk :D