PDA

View Full Version : I want 2 consecutive serial handguns;

Falstaff
04-29-2010, 10:28 AM
I want to get two Ruger MKIII hunters with consecutive serial numbers but I don't want to wait 30 days in between. Is it OK if my wife buys one and I buy one at the same time, even though she'd rarely use it?

Turo
04-29-2010, 10:33 AM
There's a provision in the "30-day wait period between handguns" for this very thing. I don't have the copy of the PC right now, but the language is something like, "the 30 day wait doesn't apply to a purchase of two consecutively-numbered handguns."

You can do it if you have your C&R FFL and COE.

Sorry for the confusion.

ke6guj
04-29-2010, 10:35 AM
There's a provision in the "30-day wait period between handguns" for this very thing. I don't have the copy of the PC right now, but the language is something like, "the 30 day wait doesn't apply to a purchase of two consecutively-numbered handguns."
only when you have a C&R FFL + COE.

I am a collector of firearms and I want to purchase a pair of consecutively-numbered pistols. Does the one-handgun-per-30-day restriction apply?

No. If you possess a valid federal Curio Relics Collector's license and a valid California Certificate of Eligibility, you are exempt from the one-handgun-per-30-day restriction.
(PC section 12072(a)(9)(x))

CSACANNONEER
04-29-2010, 10:38 AM

I've never seen or heard of this. Can you please post a link to it when you get a chance.

To the OP, your wife can buy one and you can buy one. She can loan you her's when she feels like it. If she decides to give it to you later, just do an intrafamilar transfer.

Turo
04-29-2010, 10:46 AM
only when you have a C&R FFL + COE.

Oops, I forgot about that part. Yeah, I read it somewhere and totally missed the FFL part. My bad, I'll fix my post.

glockman19
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
You can buy both and DROS one a month over the next two 30 day periods.