PDA

View Full Version : Police trade-in Glock 19

SIGman Freud
04-29-2010, 6:46 AM
Hey all,

So my local gun shop has a special right now---$439.99 for a 3rd generation Glock 19, with nightsights and just 1 10-round mag. Good deal?

Also, what are people's experiences with buying police trade-ins, in general?

zippo
04-29-2010, 7:04 AM
LE trading in for G19 with nightsight is good price for it.

most LE gun is less shoot gun,more LE carry in holster and may be had holseter wear on the slide.

most LE trading is good gun and well care for.like Sig P223 that Tuner's had for sale is like NEW gun.

may I ask what gunshop that had this LE G19 tarding in? I would like to check it out.

thank

SIGman Freud
04-29-2010, 7:08 AM
LE trading in for G19 with nightsight is good price for it.may I ask what gunshop that had this LE G19 tarding in? I would like to check it out.

thank

River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento

JPurp
04-29-2010, 7:12 AM
I have considered buying police trade in pistols a number of times but never got around to it.

One thing I have read is the spring might need replacing. Some departments store issue guns with the slide locked to the rear for considerable amounts of time.

Good luck.

-JP

zippo
04-29-2010, 7:32 AM

Thank...is litter to far for me.....I am in So.Cal

Sheldon
04-29-2010, 7:39 AM
"Some departments store issue guns with the slide locked to the rear for considerable amounts of time."

Wonder why anyone would do that??

I'de have no issue getting a used police gun. If you can pick one out and get one without too much cosmetic wear, all the better.

taguin
04-29-2010, 8:44 AM
Little bit too high on the price.
You may qualify to get better pricing
at LC Action...$398.00 for a new one.

SIGman Freud
04-29-2010, 4:45 PM

Where is that located at? Bay Area?

SIGman Freud
04-29-2010, 4:50 PM
"Some departments store issue guns with the slide locked to the rear for considerable amounts of time."

My guess is something in the department's policy about storing surplus/unissued equipment in a manner that would render them clearly safe and free of any rounds in the chamber. Some agencies are VERY cautious about that kind of stuff.

tbhracing
04-29-2010, 4:50 PM
Sig- It is a little on the high side. I will be at RCGs tomorrow and will check it out for you.

To give you a real honest answer, that G19 will move fast regardless and prices are NOT going down.

I can met you there tomorrow around 3 if you want. Just PM me. :43:

ChrisTKHarris
04-29-2010, 4:53 PM
LE trading in for G19 with nightsight is good price for it.

most LE gun is less shoot gun,more LE carry in holster and may be had holseter wear on the slide.

most LE trading is good gun and well care for.like Sig P223 that Tuner's had for sale is like NEW gun.

may I ask what gunshop that had this LE G19 tarding in? I would like to check it out.

thank

Spell check is your friend.

Greg-Dawg
04-29-2010, 4:56 PM

Don't forget to enlist as an LEO/Fireman/EMT or join GSSF.

Noobert
04-29-2010, 4:58 PM
IBTpicture of a Gen4

SIGman Freud
04-29-2010, 5:03 PM
Sig- It is a little on the high side. I will be at RCGs tomorrow and will check it out for you.

To give you a real honest answer, that G19 will move fast regardless and prices are NOT going down.

I can met you there tomorrow around 3 if you want. Just PM me. :43:

Good to know. I'll be working, dude, but if you can give it a look-over, I'd appreciate. Thanks!

tbhracing
04-29-2010, 5:08 PM
Good to know. I'll be working, dude, but if you can give it a look-over, I'd appreciate. Thanks!

No problem, I am on it. I will be there tomorrow picking up an oily Italian queen. (Beretta)

And RCG usually only puts out quality stuff, so I am sure it will be good to go. I will check it out for sure.

Bizcuits
04-29-2010, 5:08 PM

I'de have no issue getting a used police gun. If you can pick one out and get one without too much cosmetic wear, all the better.

I'd imagine so it is easier to inspect the weapon and ensure it is unloaded. Although I can't imagine why the pistols would be stored that way, although rifles and shotguns would make perfect scene as they are usually racked.

tbhracing
04-29-2010, 5:24 PM
We checked out your Glock 19, looks good.

http://www.sherwinshootingsports.com/images/Glock19-600-5.jpg

Just kidding, will check it out tomorrow. Had to share the picture.

SIGman Freud
04-29-2010, 5:30 PM
We checked out your Glock 19, looks good.

http://www.sherwinshootingsports.com/images/Glock19-600-5.jpg

Just kidding, will check it out tomorrow. Had to share the picture.

Ahhh....I love Glock's innovative marketing strategy. ;)

tonelar
04-29-2010, 5:31 PM
...One thing I have read is the spring might need replacing. Some departments store issue guns with the slide locked to the rear for considerable amounts of time...

since springs wear out by working, this statement is dubious.

compressed or free makes no difference in regards to spring wear.

tbhracing
04-29-2010, 5:31 PM
I would so hit that.

gimmejr
04-29-2010, 5:34 PM
Hey all,

So my local gun shop has a special right now---$439.99 for a 3rd generation Glock 19, with nightsights and just 1 10-round mag. Good deal?

That $60 cheaper then a recent post Ive seen on glock turn ins.

INJUNTOM
04-29-2010, 6:18 PM
I bought my Glock 22 and 27s used in like new condition for $449 with cases, 2 clips and the gunlocks from ALquist Arms in Turlock.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
04-29-2010, 7:56 PM
I have considered buying police trade in pistols a number of times but never got around to it.

One thing I have read is the spring might need replacing. Some departments store issue guns with the slide locked to the rear for considerable amounts of time.

Good luck.

-JP

My agency stores its Glocks in the supplied "combat Tupperware"... as they are designed to be. I've never heard of any agency storing their handguns the way JPurp describes.

Most police handguns tend to be carried a lot, shot a little. Shooting and cycling is what wears springs. I've only seen one, count 'em, one deputy shoot his Glock enough that we needed to rebuild it. I'd say these are probably a pretty decent deal... better if you get to hand pick the one you want.

ChrisTKHarris
04-29-2010, 7:57 PM
You could always send it back to Glock and have them refinish it if the holster wear bothers you.

evidens83
04-29-2010, 8:02 PM
Seems kinda high considering you can occasionally find a barely used one here in the classifieds for $450.

eccvets
04-29-2010, 11:06 PM
that is wayyyyy too high for a used police trade in! pay a bit more and buy new for that price. Used means it cost less unless its very unique, built to shoot more then you know the previous owner can afford or has sentimental value.

tbhracing
04-30-2010, 3:28 PM
UPDATE- I checked it out.

Upside-

- It has night sights, so that would explain the price.
- Good overall condition, no visible wear or abuse. (RCG always sells good stuff)
- Pistol will not last long for sale, I would grab now if you are serious.

Downside-

- The series is an "E" pistol. Not a big deal, except look up a possibe recall on the E series Glocks.

Good price for a nice pistol with night sights.

E Pluribus Unum
04-30-2010, 3:33 PM
I would so hit that.

Yeah, me too...

The girl is pretty too...

SixPointEight
04-30-2010, 3:34 PM

I was in there the other day. ALMOST bought it for my GF. She thought the safety would be distracting so we did NOT do layaway on it. Oh well, if she doesn't want it, might as well be someone on CGN that gets it.

tbhracing
04-30-2010, 3:36 PM
I was in there the other day. ALMOST bought it for my GF. She thought the safety would be distracting so we did NOT do layaway on it. Oh well, if she doesn't want it, might as well be someone on CGN that gets it.

But there is no external safety on the G19, so....?:confused:

SixPointEight
04-30-2010, 3:39 PM
But there is no external safety on the G19, so....?:confused:

Let me say it this way, "the wiggly thing on the trigger is kind of distracting, I might want to play with it and that's bad"

Haha.

tbhracing
04-30-2010, 3:46 PM
Let me say it this way, "the wiggly thing on the trigger is kind of distracting, I might want to play with it and that's bad"

Haha.

I have to be very, very honest with you here. At first, I was NOT a big fan of the Glock trigger. But once you start shooting the pistol, you will not even notice or think about it. I would seriously move on this G19 if you wanted a good Glock with night sights.

I bought a G19 down the street and had to pay extra to have Trijicons added on at RCG.

SixPointEight
04-30-2010, 3:53 PM
I have to be very, very honest with you here. At first, I was NOT a big fan of the Glock trigger. But once you start shooting the pistol, you will not even notice or think about it. I would seriously move on this G19 if you wanted a good Glock with night sights.

I bought a G19 down the street and had to pay extra to have Trijicons added on at RCG.

I'll let her know. She was debating a g17 or g34, but she also thought the grips were a little large, though she shot the 19 fine when I rented one for her. I'll talk to her tonight after work, and hope it's still there in a few days when we can get up there.

tbhracing
04-30-2010, 3:55 PM
I just spoke to her on the phone and she is ok with the G19. I would move on that fine pistol as it will be gone by the end of the weekend.

SixPointEight
04-30-2010, 4:02 PM
I just spoke to her on the phone and she is ok with the G19. I would move on that fine pistol as it will be gone by the end of the weekend.

Lol, you calling my GF at work brah? I shot her a text to call me on her break. It looked like it was in good condition. And there was not much as far as holster wear on it.

taguin
04-30-2010, 6:06 PM
Where is that located at? Bay Area?

Yessir, 1088 N. 1st St. San Jose 95110
408-294-2677

tbhracing
04-30-2010, 6:31 PM
Lol, you calling my GF at work brah? I shot her a text to call me on her break. It looked like it was in good condition. And there was not much as far as holster wear on it.

Yeah, I spoke to her, she is hella cool. As for this G19, I did not see any holster wear. I dont think you are going to see much holster wear on Glocks anyways.

SixPointEight
04-30-2010, 10:00 PM
She said she'll pass and wait for a g17. Crazy girl, but it's her money.

tbhracing
04-30-2010, 11:49 PM
She said she'll pass and wait for a g17. Crazy girl, but it's her money.

I would think the G19 would be perfect. Hope you dont mind us chatting, were just friends. ;)