PDA

View Full Version : Central Valley Calgunner

Shrubmaster
04-29-2010, 12:57 AM
New guy here. Here to learn more about... well everything. Amateur gunsmith. Just finished a 1965 rem 700 ADL in 30-06. It had been sitting in a golf club bag for the last twenty years in the rafters in my brother in law's garage. The stock was severely heat damaged but otherwise it was in great shape with only light rust on the lower part of the receiver.

Ended up taking four months to refinish the stock back to new condition(eight coats of everything), free floated the barrel, glass bedded the action and first inch of the barrel, added a one piece leu base with high rings and a 24x scope with shade. Then added a bipod with quick release sling and called it a day.
My brother in law shat a brick when I gave him his rifle for his birthday. The rifle has been in his family since new.

Stuff I'd like to get a hold of: CA-Legal FAL/CTR 91/CEMTE/R-25
Any info regarding a good deal on any of those would be greatly appreciated.

Stuff I'd like to learn: Reloading. Especially regarding 22-250, 270 weatherby mag, and 45 acp.

From the looks of it, I'm in the right place! Greetings and Salutations to all my fellow calgunners.

NorCalSJ
04-29-2010, 8:21 AM
Welcome to Calguns.

bigcountry
04-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Welcome! You are in the right place for sure.

Turo
04-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Welcome to a fellow Central Valley Calgunner!

mrlonewolf
04-29-2010, 6:22 PM
Hello and Welcome to Calguns.

bsg
04-29-2010, 7:20 PM
welcome to the forum; great thing you did for your brother-in-law....

-Brady

Swiftyjuan
04-29-2010, 7:52 PM
Welcome from Madera!

Shrubmaster
04-30-2010, 1:46 AM
welcome to the forum; great thing you did for your brother-in-law....

-Brady

Yeah, I gave it to him with his dad there and it brought them both to tears. They have a strong bond, and you could tell that that rifle is very significant to both of them. It was the least I could do for a guy that has fixed my ride so many times (with no charge). I'll post of some pics of it when I'm able to get some, it looks beautiful now. And I got him a nice pelican case for it too and told him he has to store it inside from now on. He has still yet to fire a single round out of it ever. To say the least, he's way past due for a trip to the range.

Thank you for your comment.

greasemonkey
05-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Welcome from Fresno. Don't be scared to post a picture or two! Have you guys gone to the range with it yet?

Yeah, I gave it to him with his dad there and it brought them both to tears. They have a strong bond, and you could tell that that rifle is very significant to both of them. It was the least I could do for a guy that has fixed my ride so many times (with no charge). I'll post of some pics of it when I'm able to get some, it looks beautiful now. And I got him a nice pelican case for it too and told him he has to store it inside from now on. He has still yet to fire a single round out of it ever. To say the least, he's way past due for a trip to the range.

Thank you for your comment.

bsg
05-20-2010, 8:19 PM
Shrubmaster it was truly a gift from the heart. we live in a world where plastic cards rule the world; a well heartfelt gift speaks volumes....

-Brady

rod
05-25-2010, 6:29 AM
Welcome to Calguns