PDA

View Full Version : DD v Magpul Ladders

Veggie
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Best forum I could come up with for this question.

I love the stiffness of the DD rail ladders. How does it compare to the Magpul Ladders? I had a set of the more rubber ladders before and didn't like them.

Thanks fellas.

NavDoc
04-29-2010, 4:11 AM
IIRC, the DD ladders are made by Ergo. I have several from ERGO/DD and Magpul and haven't noticed any consistency in the stiffness of the ladders between brands.
The ladders that came with my DDM4 were soft and easy to remove. The ones that came with my Omega rails are stiff as hell. Go figure. My Magpul ladders have had varying degrees of stiffness, same as the ones I bought from Ergo, but none are as soft as the ones on my DDM4. I think it's a crap shoot. YMMV.

NiteQwill
04-29-2010, 6:04 AM
I find the DD rails much stiffer than Magpul. I actually have a few sets sitting side by side at the moment. YMMV

shark92651
04-29-2010, 6:13 AM
I find the DD rails much stiffer than Magpul. I actually have a few sets sitting side by side at the moment. YMMV

Flip them over. Do they say ERGO on the back? I haven't checked the DD's myself but I know that ERGO/Falcon makes them for Magpul. I'd be surprised if they were not all the same.

tomd1584
04-29-2010, 6:17 AM
Flip them over. Do they say ERGO on the back? I haven't checked the DD's myself but I know that ERGO/Falcon makes them for Magpul. I'd be surprised if they were not all the same.

my DD covers said Ergo on them.

NiteQwill
04-29-2010, 8:42 AM

They do say ergo. I'm comparing brand new black and fde DD rails to my older magpul black rails. The magpul rails are significantly softer.

Then again, I've had these rails on one rifle for a few years and several thousand rounds, so maybe it's just the age and sun exposure.

rchman
04-29-2010, 9:24 AM
Ya, my Magpul rails say Ergo on the back.

Veggie
04-29-2010, 10:20 AM
I love the rails that came with my Omega rail. Nice and stiff. I had some of the softer more rubbery rails and they felt like they would come off on their own.

I need more stiff rails in FDE.

HMM mine say Ergogrips.net

I thought the Ergo grips were all soft and bendy.

tomd1584
04-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I love the rails that came with my Omega rail. Nice and stiff. I had some of the softer more rubbery rails and they felt like they would come off on their own.

I need more stiff rails in FDE.

HMM mine say Ergogrips.net

I thought the Ergo grips were all soft and bendy.

I have a 3 pack FDE for sale, PM me if you're interested.

till44
04-29-2010, 11:04 AM
They do say ergo. I'm comparing brand new black and fde DD rails to my older magpul black rails. The magpul rails are significantly softer.

Then again, I've had these rails on one rifle for a few years and several thousand rounds, so maybe it's just the age and sun exposure.

I think the soften with age and heat as well. I have a few sets of Ergo rail covers, (I guess they're all Ergo though) straight from their web-site, that have been on a gu for a year or two. They are much softer than the unused ones in my spare parts box.

Ruiner
04-29-2010, 12:44 PM
I have 2 versions of the Ergo ladders. One is the softer one that you mentioned. The other has a slightly lower profile, but wider "ladders" and is a bit stiffer.

Veggie
04-29-2010, 4:32 PM
Yea the ones I have are stiff and low profile. I like them alot.

corrupt
04-30-2010, 8:22 PM
I like a good stiff one. It feels good in my hands. I grasp them with authority. No one likes a flacid one like the older ones can get to be.