PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 7.62 conversion

Tre(y)13
04-28-2010, 8:48 PM
i would like to finally give in and transform the sporter stock to the pistol grip. im not familiar enough with the tools and would really be pi$$ed off if i screwed up my rifle. how much would it cost to have a 'smith do this? anybody in the Sacramento area willing to do this? i would like to be able to watch if possible just so i could pick up on it and learn...thanks!

*i would purchase a kit off of a website

killshot44
04-28-2010, 8:56 PM
Welcome to Calguns. Use the "CGN Google Search" at the top blue banner. google "Saiga Conversion". There are a ton of threads on it.

Also check out Saiga-12.com. Entire forum dedicated to Saigas. Step by step guides to do it yourself with a dremel and a drill.

jt1911
04-28-2010, 9:53 PM
I did mine a few months back and it really wasn't too bad at all. I didn't use a dremel, just a hand drill with a grinder attachment. But with all the videos and walk throughs on the web, it was pretty smooth.

For the conversion alone it cost me about $200 in parts, that includes the radlock and new mags to help with 922 compliance. But you can do it cheaper if you keep the original handguard. But I also added new sights and a vertical grip. Things tend to keep on coming. . .

Entreprise Arms is charging $50 for the conversion, which is darn good.

IsaacGlass
04-28-2010, 11:31 PM
I did mine a few months back and it really wasn't too bad at all. I didn't use a dremel, just a hand drill with a grinder attachment. But with all the videos and walk throughs on the web, it was pretty smooth.

For the conversion alone it cost me about $200 in parts, that includes the radlock and new mags to help with 922 compliance. But you can do it cheaper if you keep the original handguard. But I also added new sights and a vertical grip. Things tend to keep on coming. . .

Entreprise Arms is charging $50 for the conversion, which is darn good.

JT1911 glad to hear your conversion went well, sounds like you are enjoying your newly configure Saiga.

Tre(y)13 if you are not sure about something, be sure to ask, lots of helpful people on Calguns

fourdoorchevelle
04-29-2010, 5:01 AM
vvCLICK THIS LINK FOR SUPER NUMBER 1 AWESOME TIME CONVERSION VIDEO!!vv

http://www.vimeo.com/2787027

Super easy!!! Dont forget your mag lock

sd_shooter
04-29-2010, 5:47 AM
vvCLICK THIS LINK FOR SUPER NUMBER 1 AWESOME TIME CONVERSION VIDEO!!vv

http://www.vimeo.com/2787027

Super easy!!! Dont forget your mag lock

Great video! Features a beautiful lady on the splash screen, too :) Everyone should have at least one Saiga and it should be converted - it's that easy.

Added this to my collection of DIY links:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=2602185#post2602185

MichaelKent
04-29-2010, 8:26 AM
I'm actually waiting until June for the Mcdonald case before converting my Saiga. Just in the off chance that they do incorporate the second amendment to the states and go far enough that the AW ban is effectively wiped out and we can go nuts with "evil features." :chris:

karl9422
04-29-2010, 9:20 AM
i did my saiga 12. not really different from a rifle and it was easy i used the video already linked here. the only trouble was the trigger getting stuck but that was fixed with a little bending on the hammer spring. you really cant mess up much. maybe scratch your reciver but that is fixed with engine paint in flat black. it alot of fun and you learn the hole fun.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-CONVERSION-KITS/Categories

i got my kit from here i ordered on thurs night and had it at my door sat morning. had everything i needed but the tools.

IsaacGlass
04-29-2010, 9:21 AM
I'm actually waiting until June for the Mcdonald case before converting my Saiga. Just in the off chance that they do incorporate the second amendment to the states and go far enough that the AW ban is effectively wiped out and we can go nuts with "evil features." :chris:

Why wait, add on a mag lock for now and if it does incorporate removed the mag lock and celebrate freedom.

gunRfun
04-29-2010, 9:28 AM
celebrate freedom.

THAT WILL BE THE DAY!!! =D

IsaacGlass
04-29-2010, 9:30 AM
THAT WILL BE THE DAY!!! =D

I know, but one can still wish.