PDA

View Full Version : Condor safe ammo

dwa
04-28-2010, 9:06 PM
http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product1388.html

is this what I want for pigs in a condor zone?

Super Spy
04-28-2010, 9:11 PM
Is the ammo really Condor safe? I guess you'll have to shoot one and find out.........I'm Kidding! :)

I already bought the exact same thing for pig hunting...haven't tried it yet though, post pics when you do!

Fjold
04-28-2010, 9:15 PM
Barnes X bullets are on the CA Condor safe list so it should be OK.

dwa
04-28-2010, 9:19 PM
Barnes X bullets are on the CA Condor safe list so it should be OK.

ok cool is there a list of specific bullets that are OKed or something like that.

CSACANNONEER
04-28-2010, 9:23 PM
I'd be careful about hunting condors with a 7.62x39. Personally, I'd prefer something a little bigger to ensure a clean kill.

dwa
04-28-2010, 9:25 PM
I'd be careful about hunting condors with a 7.62x39. Personally, I'd prefer something a little bigger to ensure a clean kill.

appreciate the advice, i haven't actually been yet but well be close and i don't want to over penetrate and hit one of the dogs (if we even find a pig)

JayDeeSacramento
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Barnes bullets do the job.

graniteob
04-28-2010, 10:08 PM
The copper bullets at close range will pass clean through a fair size pig. They retain mass and cut really well, but at the expense of maximum wound channel size.

CSACANNONEER
04-29-2010, 8:27 PM
The copper bullets at close range will pass clean through a fair size pig. They retain mass and cut really well, but at the expense of maximum wound channel size.

Huh? Have you ever seen a Barnes bullet after it hit something? They are made to expand so well that many African big game hunters use them by choice.

wjc
05-01-2010, 9:34 PM
ok cool is there a list of specific bullets that are OKed or something like that.
List of Certified non-lead ammo from the DFG site:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/condor/certifiedammo.html

Shoot-it
05-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Huh? Have you ever seen a Barnes bullet after it hit something? They are made to expand so well that many African big game hunters use them by choice.

they expand on heavy mass but light skin animals don't have enough mass for them.Pigs are thick so it should do good. I had good experience with nosler e tip non lead.