View Full Version : New Sig P226 Range Report (Jackson Arms)

04-28-2010, 7:39 PM
First of all, I would like to say thanks to the guy that gave me some free .40 ammo he had that he didn't need. :cool: I was going to ask if he wanted to shoot my gun but he and the guy he was with left before I could offer. If you're out there. Thanks! :)

Any way, I finally got out to the range with my buddy today to break in my brand new P226 .40 cal and it went great. We went through around 400 rounds total!

I have to say that the trigger on the 226 is smoooooooth! I'm still getting used to the long pull of the DA, but SA is sweet. The 226 is very comfortable, weighted well and has easy controls. Ammo used was Federal JHP's 155gr and Remington UMC's 180gr. No FTE, jams, FTF..nada.. She ate up everything! No issues with slide not locking back either. The only real issue I have is that I had a TLR-1 attached and when I removed it to clean it, I saw that some of the paint of the rails was scratched off. Just battle scars, but am wondering if this is common?

So overall, the P226 is my new favorite! And again, much thanks to the friendly guy that gave me some free ammo and an overall fun day at the range!

04-28-2010, 8:00 PM
Great gun, glad you like it. I just took out my P229 in 9mm and had 0 problems as well. Sigs are great.

04-28-2010, 8:26 PM
nice to hear a good review on a new sig....

04-28-2010, 8:41 PM
I've put 350 rounds through my new US-made P226 Navy in 9mm and it has functioned flawlessly.