PDA

View Full Version : Armscor Citadel 1911A .45?

Hispeed1
04-28-2010, 4:19 PM
Hi. Just wanted to confirm-is the Armscor Citadel 1911A .45 Cali legal? Not seeing it on the DOJ list-so we can't get it? Windowshopping for a budget .45 besides the RIA's.

C.W.M.V.
04-28-2010, 4:58 PM
Hi. Just wanted to confirm-is the Armscor Citadel 1911A .45 Cali legal? Not seeing it on the DOJ list-so we can't get it? Windowshopping for a budget .45 besides the RIA's.

Why besides RIA? Armscor IS RIA.

I dont think your going to beat an RIA for bang/buck ratio.

And no I don't think we can get it.

Hispeed1
04-28-2010, 5:11 PM
Why besides RIA? Armscor IS RIA.
I dont think your going to beat an RIA for bang/buck ratio.
And no I don't think we can get it.

I know. The Citadel just has some nice features like on more expensive .45's. Ok, thanks.

r3plica
04-28-2010, 7:17 PM
I know. The Citadel just has some nice features like on more expensive .45's. Ok, thanks.

What sort of features? The RIA tactical is pretty loaded for the price.

C.W.M.V.
04-28-2010, 7:23 PM

My bad didn't even see Citadel in your post, thought you were looking for generic Armscor.
Maybe someone here has one for sale?

kellito
04-28-2010, 7:47 PM
wondering what extra features it has, everything I read said it is the same as RIA. Is that not true?

JanG
04-29-2010, 12:34 AM
i think the main difference between the citadel and ria are the slide serrations. the citadel has wider and front/rear serrations, the ria only has standard vertical serrations on the rear of the slide.

and citadel comes with double diamond grips while the ria has that cheap Filipino pine box grips. I have an ria tactical and all i did was put on a set of double diamonds from brownells.

Shrubmaster
04-29-2010, 12:38 AM
i think the main difference between the citadel and ria are the slide serrations. the citadel has wider and front/rear serrations, the ria only has standard vertical serrations on the rear of the slide.

and citadel comes with double diamond grips while the ria has that cheap Filipino pine box grips. I have an ria tactical and all i did was put on a set of double diamonds from brownells.

Dipped mine in a Wilson combat catalog with some Kimber double diamond rubber grips. Guys are blown away when they shoot my "cheap little RIA".