PDA

View Full Version : belt fed

ADDICTEDto.223LOWERS
03-01-2006, 8:43 PM
does belt fed count as more than 10 round magazine? what if it is outside a container? :confused:

C.G.
03-01-2006, 8:48 PM
does belt fed count as more than 10 round magazine? what if it is outside a container? :confused:
Belt fed is type of feeding regardless of how many rounds on the belt. If you have a belt fed weapon in California the links would have to be 10 round, unless you owned them before the ban; if you did. than you can have as many as you want on the belt.

Matt C
03-01-2006, 9:14 PM
So....If I ordered a case of .308 ammo and it came linked with 200 per case, I own an illegal 200 round feeding device?!?!?!

Matt C
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Well....It's a good thing I did'nt then!!! Just when you think you know all the stupid laws... I wonder how many people out there are waiting to be felons and honestly don't know it.

qualityrockola
03-02-2006, 4:35 PM
i know someone who ordered like 250 rounds of linked 7.62x54r from a big internet vendor with no problems... neither of us had any idea it was illegal until i just read that. It seems like one of those gray or shadowy areas that no one seems to know or be real strict about. Its still not worth the chance though. Usually vendors catch this stuff, I have a hard time finding people to sell me completely LEGAL items a lot of the time...if its even remotely questionable they will not ship to CA. This was something pretty blatently obviously illegal , not to the buyer apparently, that was shipped into the state without question. Im kinda jealous of the cool lil' ammo box it came in though

artherd
03-02-2006, 5:13 PM
I was lucky enough to have a garage full of linked ammo of all sorts of calibers (m27 linked, m2 .50 linked, 7.62mm linked, etc.) before the 99/00 ban set in (cutoff date was 1/1/2000). It wasn't anything special back then, sigh.

383green
03-02-2006, 5:37 PM
I was lucky enough to have a garage full of linked ammo of all sorts of calibers (m27 linked, m2 .50 linked, 7.62mm linked, etc.) before the 99/00 ban set in (cutoff date was 1/1/2000). It wasn't anything special back then, sigh.

Then all of those links are grandfathered high-cap links now! Make sure you keep them separate from your post-ban links. :D

grammaton76
03-02-2006, 5:40 PM
Then all of those links are grandfathered high-cap links now! Make sure you keep them separate from your post-ban links. :D

If I'm not mistaken, you can add rounds to the existing links all you want. Just as long as you never get it below 11 rounds. :) I think I'd stick one of those rifle snap-caps at position #12 or so just to be sure...

C.G.
03-02-2006, 5:41 PM
i know someone who ordered like 250 rounds of linked 7.62x54r from a big internet vendor with no problems... neither of us had any idea it was illegal until i just read that. It seems like one of those gray or shadowy areas that no one seems to know or be real strict about. Its still not worth the chance though. Usually vendors catch this stuff, I have a hard time finding people to sell me completely LEGAL items a lot of the time...if its even remotely questionable they will not ship to CA. This was something pretty blatently obviously illegal , not to the buyer apparently, that was shipped into the state without question. Im kinda jealous of the cool lil' ammo box it came in though

Some places will charge you $2 or more per link to break them down to 10 rounders.