PDA

View Full Version : any canidates wanting to learn talk to CGN

KaLiFORNIA
04-28-2010, 9:46 AM
I think if they would spend just one hour (or so)conversing here and was able to hear our cries.To hear our questions, to see were everyday people. We are not criminals. To really be educated about these absurd laws. The CGN following is a loyal crowd. Im sure if we meet the right person for the job, we will know, and we will vote. So future gov./sherrif what do you say?

Ding126
04-28-2010, 9:52 AM
I would hope CGF does these sort of things

KaLiFORNIA
04-28-2010, 9:56 AM
Im trying, lets spread the word CGN

wildhawker
04-28-2010, 11:06 AM
CGF cannot endorse candidates; candidate questionnaires have to be broad in scope in order for (c)3 orgs to comply with Federal regulations.

Members of the CGF Board, as individuals, are not barred from political activities and expression.

OleCuss
04-28-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't think the OP wants CGF or CGN to endorse anyone. I think he wants politicians (and especially sheriffs) to visit the CGN fora and learn about the people who are committed to the RKBA. He is convinced that this will help them to understand that we are law-abiding and assets to our communities.

He does have a point. But I'd really like it if we had well-versed people from CGF whom they were regularly using as resources to learn about the issues and to help develop policies. I'm sure CGF is willing - it is a matter of the politicos using the available assets.

dustoff31
04-28-2010, 11:50 AM
He does have a point. But I'd really like it if we had well-versed people from CGF whom they were regularly using as resources to learn about the issues and to help develop policies. I'm sure CGF is willing - it is a matter of the politicos using the available assets.

Amen. I don't think a that a free for all would be particulary helpful.

IIRC, we had such an event not too long ago. Didn't end very well.

BigDogatPlay
04-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I think he wants politicians (and especially sheriffs) to visit the CGN fora and learn about the people who are committed to the RKBA.

That would be on the days when there aren't at least two SHTF threads and less than three "870 or 500" / "Glock or 1911" threads open.

:D

There have been a couple of candidates for various things who've drifted through in the past couple of months. Like many / most politicians, when the questions start getting very direct and requiring very direct answers, they tend to shy away. That's the problem with stepping into an advocacy group that is hyper focused on a single issue that tends to drive strong emotions.

2Cute2Shoot
04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Have there ever been any candidates for anything that have joined Calguns? It seems like the politicans always like to say they are hunters and shooters. I would vote for someone who came on here to earn it!

dustoff31
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Have there ever been any candidates for anything that have joined Calguns? It seems like the politicans always like to say they are hunters and shooters. I would vote for someone who came on here to earn it!

I remember a Sheriff from, I think it was Mariposa County, was a regular poster a few years back.

thedrickel
04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
The ones we REALLY need to reach don't give a **** about CGN or any of your opinions. They are DEMOCRATS, and they will rubberstamp anything that is anti-gun that comes before them for a vote. My Assemblyman is Jerry Hill, he is on the public safety committee, and when I contacted his office to find out why he has voted for all seven anti gun bills that have come before the public safety committee THIS MONTH, they were 100% clueless. No answers at all. No clue about any pending bills. I asked what possible reason could he have for voting against an HSC exemption for active and honorably discharged military? (They had no idea.) The only possible reasons could be . . . they REALLY want that $15! or they don't care what the details of the bill are, they only care whether it is pro or anti gun, and what the Democratic Party wants them to do for bills of that type.

They don't even read the ****ing bills that come before them. All they see is "anti-gun bill" . . . great! AYE!

OleCuss
04-28-2010, 12:36 PM

Chelene Nightingale joined a while back. Left when she found out that we generally perceived her as a dishonest nut.

artherd
05-03-2010, 7:34 AM
CGF as a nonprofit really cannot get involved.

Providing a platform by which candidates can speak with their constituents is exactly the kind of role CGN excels at. In-fact, we've already seen several candidates seek us out. Exciting time to be part of this.