PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Barrels

zoid52
04-28-2010, 9:02 AM
Any feedback on these barrels for shooting lead. I am considering one for my Glock 17.

nn3453
04-28-2010, 9:05 AM
They are fine. I personally prefer KKM, but nothing wrong with LW.

BoomerX01
04-28-2010, 10:45 AM
I had a Storm Lake and it was great. No issues for my Glock 23.

shamu415
04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
i bought one for my glock 17. it not only works great but also fits nicely too. the barrel is crowned and due to the tighter tolerances, its much more accurate. You get what you pay for. There are many brands out there, kkm, stormlake, Lonewolf, eek, bar sto, even wilsons combat have a specific barrel for the glock.

Bedpan Bandit
04-28-2010, 2:33 PM
I got one for my glock 21 and had a lot of difficulty shooting factory reloads. Stovepipe every other round. Mine only seemed to like the premium stuff. Kind of embarassing shooting a malfunctioning glock at the range. Great for target shooting only in my opinion.

luckystrike
04-28-2010, 2:55 PM
why would you want a different barrel? ive herd it does nothing but malfunction once this new one is dropped in.

ScorpioVI
04-28-2010, 2:58 PM
No luck with mine, stovepiping a lot. Definitely won't depend my life on it. I have the 9mm conversion for my G23 though so that may have something to do with it.

Sinixstar
04-28-2010, 3:02 PM
I got one for my glock 21 and had a lot of difficulty shooting factory reloads. Stovepipe every other round. Mine only seemed to like the premium stuff. Kind of embarassing shooting a malfunctioning glock at the range. Great for target shooting only in my opinion.

What kind of factory reloads? Try checking the reloads against a factory new load, see how they measure up. My guess is the reloads are ever so slightly out of spec.
Glocks are known for having a 'loose' chamber to allow for a wider variety of ammo, and to help with reliability. (Much the way H&K I believe it is has the fluted chambers). It's possible that the new barrel is just made to much tighter tolerances - and the ammo/barrel combo just isn't compatible.

ocspeedracer
04-28-2010, 3:08 PM
i've had a few issues with one in my G21 but never with the one i put in my G17 and both are more accurate... and now that the G21 barrell has been rubbed down a bit from shooting i don't have any problems with that.

Go for it

Bedpan Bandit
04-28-2010, 6:41 PM
What kind of factory reloads? Try checking the reloads against a factory new load, see how they measure up. My guess is the reloads are ever so slightly out of spec.
Glocks are known for having a 'loose' chamber to allow for a wider variety of ammo, and to help with reliability. (Much the way H&K I believe it is has the fluted chambers). It's possible that the new barrel is just made to much tighter tolerances - and the ammo/barrel combo just isn't compatible.

I used factory reloads from Miwall and some 15year old UMC I wanted to get rid of. I had a kimber that I was breaking in and it had no problems with the same ammo. I'm sure the the LW barrel had tight tolerances and it was pretty accurate with the premium ammo with a stovepipe every other magazine or so. Great for punching holes for fun but that's it. You would be taking a serious gamble to use this barrel for protection.