PDA

View Full Version : interesting convistion thrown out on illegal search and siezure

Saym14
04-28-2010, 6:39 AM
what if it had been guns and not drugs? same results? even if so it would be horrible to go through this legal hell.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_14970770?source=rss_viewed

limitdown
04-28-2010, 6:58 AM
If it was guns, then he'd be labeled as an enemy combatant.
With drugs, he's just a hippie....

Untamed1972
04-28-2010, 7:05 AM
"Robert Rene Vizcarra and his girlfriend said there was no violence and that they were arguing about "her getting her way all the time," according to documents. "

Dang chicks......they'll get you jammed up everytime! LOL

Glock-matic
04-28-2010, 7:02 PM
I think they would have a point to search for weapons given the threat of DV, and if that search is legal, anything found during the search would be legal. Not sure how he got off on that one.

Fate
04-28-2010, 8:18 PM
I think they would have a point to search for weapons given the threat of DV, and if that search is legal, anything found during the search would be legal. Not sure how he got off on that one.

An argument while driving down the road is now a "threat of Domestic Violence?" Are you serious? Better not ever flip anyone off on the freeway. You could be arrested for attempted murder using that "logic."

I don't like drug users, especially meth. Read my ongoing saga with the neighborhood meth lab thread. However, I'm unwilling to sacrifice our civil liberties to combat drugs in any shape or form.

destro360
04-29-2010, 6:11 AM
An argument while driving down the road is now a "threat of Domestic Violence?" Are you serious? Better not ever flip anyone off on the freeway. You could be arrested for attempted murder using that "logic."

I don't like drug users, especially meth. Read my ongoing saga with the neighborhood meth lab thread. However, I'm unwilling to sacrifice our civil liberties to combat drugs in any shape or form.

flipping anyone off on the road is already illegal in ca. it has been for years. i dont know exactly where it is listed but it is referred to as instigating road rage or violence. something to that effect. i dont have all the details but it is out there. with as vauge and retarded as all the laws are written this cop could have used many different reasons to stop them. he could have stopped them for disturbing the peace over what he felt was "yelling"

SVT-40
04-29-2010, 9:34 AM
flipping anyone off on the road is already illegal in ca. it has been for years. i dont know exactly where it is listed but it is referred to as instigating road rage or violence. something to that effect. i dont have all the details but it is out there. with as vauge and retarded as all the laws are written this cop could have used many different reasons to stop them. he could have stopped them for disturbing the peace over what he felt was "yelling"

Where do people get this stuff??

This is one of those stupid. "I heard it on the internet so it must be true statements".

Flipping anyone off is not illegal. Even flipping off a cop is not illegal. It may be stupid, but definitely not illegal.

It's covered in our constitution under Freedom of expression.

corrupt
04-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Don't be fooled, "Domestic Violence" is not confined to the boundaries of your home. If you are out in public, you can be charged with DV if you and the victim have an established long-term relationship. 6 months with a girlfriend is perfectly long enough to satisfy this long-term relationship status in the eyes of the law. So yes, a girlfriend you're with out in public could get you arrested for DV assault. You don't even have to be living with her.

Instead of speculating, reading the law would clear up your confusion.